No announcement yet.

Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop me a PM if you want and I'll give you my phone number.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Small world
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
        Missed this post as I've had a stinking cold for a few days and been in bed like a real man...

Anyway, I'm also in Powys and very close to Herefordshire... I think I actually recognise where you live, I shan't say where I think you are exactly for your privacy, but are you above Glasbury?

If you are where I think you are then I'm only a couple of miles away in Boughrood and your welcome to call around for a cuppa, I've been working on these cars for years and can probably answer any questions you have... I'd also be happy to look at any car you maybe interested in, most car's that come onto the market I know in some capacity as there aren't many about.

I like my VW's as well BTW. Got a G60 MK2 and a LHD Corrado G60, though both of these will eventually be sold to fund restoring my RS2.

Edit, just checked the pic's again I'm 99% sure I know where you are, I've once or twice used the foot path that runs past your property and clocked the white Golf and Discovery... Lovely spot, nice and out of the way, a chap next door to you owns an RS2 but he's quite reclusive so you probably haven't seen it as it's not there currently.

I also know of a very, very well sorted car locally that could be for sale at the right price, it will be expensive but is pretty much faultless and very high spec. Though I'm not 100% sure the owner has made his mind up regarding parting with it as yet.
        It's amazing that someone can see a picture of a garage and recognise it! Yes it's a small world. The neighbour used to have his rs2 outside, last time I chatted with him I think he was getting it rebuilt?
        it would be good to pop over, will drop a message. I'm doing a lot of work on my house but once that is done the garage needs rebuilding, hopefully have a good workspace in there for projects.

Comment

I've lived around here all my life and like walking, particularly in the summer so have passed your place many, many times over the years, it's great that your sorting the little cottage out, for years I walked past and felt sorry for the place until I noticed you've been busy on it. It's an interesting building as it's probably quite old and certainly one of older property's up there, I like history and I'm a carpenter as well as mechanic so I notice these things.

Anyway the guy next door went a bit overboard with his RS2 project, not faulting the workmanship but he would have been better off starting with an S2 Avant as it's really quite heavily modified and as I'm sure your aware RS2 values have gone crazy. Though to be fair when he started the project off the car cost half what a decent S2 is worth now.

Drop me a PM by all mean's, I'm only in Boughrood Brest and am semi retired due to health reasons so I'm about most of the time.
          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
          X