Ripped Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripped Off

The S2 Forum is great and i go on often to read and see whats happening, what"s for sale etc.

My S2 has a cracked sun-roof and i found one advertised on the Forum late in June.

Advertised as a 'factory fit glass SOLAR sun-roof', exactly what i needed. Private messages were exchanged and a deal was agreed on.

Price 200 pound plus an extra 20 pound to make a wooden box for transport plus 73.26 pound for shipping/transport. Total 293.26 pounds.

Paid on 5th August to be sent mid August.

More than 20 private messages and 4 months later on the 17th december, a dirty, rough plain glass sun-roof arrived - NOT SOLAR - NOT PACKED IN A WOODEN BOX.

Gav20v - MIGHT THINK THIS OK, BUT I DON'T. OBVIOUSLY GAV CAN'T BE TRUSTED

This gives the forum and parts for sale a bad reputation.

If anyone nows a reliable, honest person who has a factory glass solar sun-roof for sale please let me know.

Ross
    Qikaudi

You should ask for your money back or negotiate a reduction, if it was described as a 'factory fit glass SOLAR sun-roof' and it wasn't. I have bought a number of items from this forum and my experience has always been very good. We should try to keep it that way. Hope you can sort it out.

Comment

How about a pm or email? I genuinely thought that was a solar sunroof. If you'd dropped me pm I would have told you this and offered to come to some sort of arrangement. I've bought and sold hundreds of parts on here and other forums over the years and do not rip people off. The time delay was inexcusable however issues at home and work meant I had other priorities.
      As above, pm me and we can hopefully sort something out
      Gav
      S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Unfortunately we in england never got the solar sunroofs, it was an option for people in places like spain etc. I've never seen a solar sunroof for an s2, if it was one of them then it would be worth 5-600 in this country at least as I know of two people that are after one already and have been enquiring about getting one to this country.

The price above is normal, if slightly cheap for a glass sunroof but unfortunately not what your after, I do know gav's had a lot on to deal with (including a couple of very serious issue's that happened) and wouldn't do anything like this on purpose. He has a genuine passion for the forum and the cars and i've dealt with him a few times. I hope that something can be sorted out to make ammends (spl?) as this forum is one of the best.

Comment

Gav20v

hI
          My 2cents worth ,
          We bought many items from Gav and we had great service and understanding when fault was on my side, all turned out great in the end

Hope you get sorted soon and misunderstanding gets resolved.

We wouldnt have any issues dealing with him again
          Best of luck

cheers
          john

Comment

DeanG - Thanks for your in-put.

I believe most people would expect money back if they were supplied something which did not match the advertised item, and waited four months to receive it.

The refund of money would have to be 293.26 pounds originally paid - plus return shipping costs 73.26 pounds plus 20 pounds to make a wooden box. ( The box for shipping that was never made )

Gav20 - With your experience with Audi's you should know the difference between a SOLAR glass sun-roof and a plain glass sun-roof. Maybe you should pm me if you wish to discuss. I heard you had issues, it was my understanding that was long after you were originally going to box up and send.

Ross
            Qikaudi

Comment

sorryto hear you have had an issue with a sale but just to point out there is no responsibility on the Forum here. You will need to come to an agreement/compromise with the seller over this issue. We provide an environment where parts canbe sourced and traded and this is done in good faith. We don't charge for this and therefore we cannot be help responsible. Gav I'm sure would not have been looking to rip anyone off, he's been a long time member and contributor, this just looks to be an individual issue and i urge you both to resolve it between yourselves as soon as possible.

It does highlight two things which are very important when buying and selling parts though:

1) Get the right assurances and specifically part numbers where you need an outright confirmation that a part is what you want (thats important for BOTH parties
              2) Its expected that communications between BOTH parties is timely, factual and reasonable. We are only human and life gets in the way but PLEASE, remember to keep they buyer/seller informed, it saves you and the forum from these types of situations.

Thanks
              David
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Gav20 - With your experience with Audi's you should know the difference between a SOLAR glass sun-roof and a plain glass sun-roof.

Might be a bit hard to know the difference if you have never seen one and there are non to look at...
                Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

Originally posted by fish View Post
                  Gav20 - With your experience with Audi's you should know the difference between a SOLAR glass sun-roof and a plain glass sun-roof.

Might be a bit hard to know the difference if you have never seen one and there are non to look at...
                  then it should not be sold as a Solar one...

Comment

It's never good when things like this happen... But Mistakes do happen...

IMO for what it's worth I am sure Gav did not mean to Rip Anyone Off, and I am sure it was just a mistake...

With a forum like this there is no point in trying to Rip anyone off, as its such a small community you won't last long as word of mouth get round...

Hope you two can come to an agreement that suits both parties and doesn't leave anyone too much out of pocket!!

Lets have a little bit of "Christmas Cheer & Good Will" and not end up with a slanging match in public..

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

Originally posted by rossndeb View Post
                      More than 20 private messages and 4 months later
                      I'm completely imparial here, but

regardless of whether the item was as described or not, how do explain that?

Comment

I would love a solar sunroof for my S2, so I can image the disappointment when you thought you had one on the way, only to get a glass item instead. How do you compensate that?

Originally posted by gavs20v View Post
                        I genuinely thought that was a solar sunroof.

Err... One type of sunroof is glass, as in you can see through it. One has photovoltaic cells in it, like a uh.. solar panel.
                        Don't know which is the solar one or the glass? Why not ask for a second opinion before sending it to the other side of the world.
                        SS

Comment

So is the purpose of the solar sunroof to lessen the load on the alternator when the suns shining, and hence improve mpg?

Surely during a nice sunny hot day, thats when the sunroof is opened and would defeat the object of a solar cell cos when open the sunroof is enclosed and in the dark

Comment

IIRC it was to power the fan when the car was sat to circulate fresh air in the cabin
                            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by BrianSmith_S2 View Post
                              So is the purpose of the solar sunroof to lessen the load on the alternator when the suns shining, and hence improve mpg?

Surely during a nice sunny hot day, thats when the sunroof is opened and would defeat the object of a solar cell cos when open the sunroof is enclosed and in the dark
                              It runs the blower to keep the car cool when parked up. The sunnier it is the faster the blower runs. It works really well IME. I had one on my S8. I think it also trickle charges the battery.
                              SS

Comment

Working...
                              X