No announcement yet.

Audi 80Q talk to me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks really good! im watching this with great interest!
    Only little piece of advice i have is to perhaps mount the oil cooler with the pipes entering and exiting on the top rather than the bottom. This way it will self bleed.
    As it is the oil will flow across the bottom and you will just have a void of air at the top. It will probably work ok but just not as efficient as you may only be using 1/2 to 2/3 of the area.
    Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
    03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
    01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
      Good progress!

Did you take the front pulley of to get the engine out?
      yes.

Originally posted by re2500 View Post
      Looks really good! im watching this with great interest!
      Only little piece of advice i have is to perhaps mount the oil cooler with the pipes entering and exiting on the top rather than the bottom. This way it will self bleed.
      As it is the oil will flow across the bottom and you will just have a void of air at the top. It will probably work ok but just not as efficient as you may only be using 1/2 to 2/3 of the area.
      I was thinking about whether it would bleed itself. I can just unbolt it and tip it round to bleed it.

Comment

Fuel lines are all made up with a regulator.Clutch is all sorted. Rad in. getting close now.

Comment

Tipping it would work, the cooler is usually thermostaticcally controlled, so you'd have to tip it whent he engine is hot and the thermostat is open.
          Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
          03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
          01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

Ive had to move the cooler. Im going to run intercooler pipes across the front. Intercooler will sit in front of the rad.

Comment

Be dubious of Techniclutch for futute failures, google them

Wicked build, keep the pics up
              1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
              1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
              BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

Yes i googled them. Yes some reviews are bad, but im happy with the friction plate it looks proper,and cost was 270. The pressure plate was allmost too cheap at £100 but I kept the original 3b cover just in case,and they appear to be exactly the same.

Comment

Working...
                X