Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All - a Late introduction!

Morning All,

I've been lurking around here for a few years now (primarily because I dont have an S2 yet....), thought it was well past the time to introduce myself.

At the moment, I've got a 96 Cab - got it about 6 years ago from a family friend who had to upsize with his growing family. I've known the car from new and he did me a really great deal on it. Think he was drooling over the cash with the prospect of a new arrival!

Bought it with the other half in mind thinking she'd like it to waft about in but there were 2 problems with that. Number 1 - I live in Belfast, and sunny days are generally as rare as hens teeth. Number 2 - She complains that its "too big" for her....

Result - I decided if it was going to be doing very little most of the time I was going to have a go at fixing it as much as possible and generally just keep it as a hobby and my excuse to nip out to the garage for a few hours peace, I mean work .

I've always love the 80 shape and profile, and new cars just dont do it for me so it seemed like a win!

Anyways, enough talk. When I got it, It looked like this:

Audi Cab01.jpg

And hell no that is not my neon in the background before anyone gets funny!
    So then lots of this kind of thing:
    Audi Cab02.jpg
    Audi Cab03.jpg

Set of replica rs4's (17s) in the meantime leaves it like this:
    Audi Cab10.jpg

So it was like that for a while, did lots of other other stuff and generally got busy - had some fun with the heater matrix. good times..... .
    Audi Cab13.jpg
    Audi Cab14.jpg

next up check out what I managed to get my hands on, a genuine Cab set too!! Whoop Whoop!
    Audi Cab42.jpg

They didnt come that colour though, thats after I was finished refurbing them myself

At this stage I replaced the shocks front and back, new wishbones, etc too and also fitted a set of eibach springs, not too low at all but just nice for what I got next:

Audi Cab46.jpg
    Audi Cab47.jpg
    Audi Cab49.jpg

Fresh from a refurb too, with 4 brand new Potenza RE050 - that was one day I didnt tell the other half the real cost of for sure!!!

Sorry if i've been a bit long winded folks, I tend to do that. To be honest I've done lots more work but don't want to make this a super super long introduction!! I happy to answer any questions and I've put a gallery up online too with a few more photos, out of the thousands I have in my collection. lol

http://gallery.mac.com/danmckinney#

Thanks for all the help over the years too, I couldnt have done loads of the work myself without this forum, even if it is a Cab

Dan

Welcome aboard, I'm a newbie also, glad to see someone this side of the water (i'm out past Carrickfergus). We might have enough peole for a NI meet!

Comment

Nice one, great job on the seats, wheels look the shiz as well!

Comment

Nice car, the cab's really are nice. Perfect for smoking about in on a nice day.

Good job on sprucing her up!

Comment

Good looking car! Looks a great job on the seats, what colour were they, in fact what colour are they now! I presume you haven't retrimmed them, did you have to do many repairs to the leather itself or just a colour change. Any pics of before or during refurb - what products did you use? Have you recoloured the rest of the interior to match?

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!

Well if anyone in NI needs any help with any work or is up for a meet let me know! only to happy to be involved!

As for the recaros - They were a dark grey, cant remember the name. - and I re-coloured them myself to Montana Lightgelb using the kit from the Furniture Clinic.

I have over 100 photos of the process in the gallery I linked to. I did also do some minor repairs using the leather filler that they provided in the kit. mostly just smoothing out creases but i did also repair a hole in the drivers bolster that was about 5mm diameter, came out great- it was over a year ago that I did it.

And yup i did all the door cards too! Had to really!

Comment

The NI boys are definitely overdue a gathering... I found out about a local 4WD rolling road that would seem a fun idea for a small group. Watch this space chaps !
              Paul Nugent
              Webmaster http://S2central.net
              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

That sounds great Paul! Keep us posted.

Comment

Dan,

Welcome, apart from the obvious good work on the car and seats/door cards, the gallery and the links work really well, nice one.

A meet would be good.

Kind regards.

Comment

Cheers, I've updated and added a few more photos to the galleries yesterday as well!

Comment

Working...
                    X