Hello from Latvia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Latvia!

I'm a long-time Audi enthusiast from an exotic European country, called Latvia (do you know where it is without looking in the map? ). I have gone through 80 B3 1.8, A4 B5 1.8T, A4 B6 3.0Q, S4 B6, S5 B8 and now drive an RS5 and have bought an RS2 which has been dismantled and pending restoration.

Finally wanted to buy BMW 850i as a hobby car, but ended up with an Audi RS2 instead... got an excellent opportunity to buy one and could not miss that So the RS2 project is the reason I am here, obviously. Restoring a car is an interesting journey, but I have never done this, so forums like S2forum are a big help! Already found some useful info and made some contacts

EDIT: Story about my RS2 here:
    http://rs2story.mozello.com
    Last edited by Karlis; 15 September 2018, 18:54.

On the Baltic above Lithuania (without looking at the map)

Welcome

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome along, nice cars!

Loving the picture you've put up in the best picture thread. Especially on the pass! Love the RS5 best colour too. Are you going to start a thread on the rebuild/restoration of the RS2?
      Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee M View Post
        Are you going to start a thread on the rebuild/restoration of the RS2?
        I'll try to collect all the pics and info and maybe post a 20-pic summary when it is done. I hope we manage to finish this year, it will mainly depend on availability of parts

Comment

Finally wanted to buy BMW 850i as a hobby car, but ended up with an Audi RS2 instead...
          That's a good choice

Welcome
          '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
          '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
          '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Welcome aboard!! Some nice cars you have had! One of my personal favourites of the modern Audis is the RS5 awesome machine nice in red and blue we love pics on this forum!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Karlis View Post

I hope we manage to finish this year, it will mainly depend on availability of parts
              Now, looking back, what a ridiculous thing to say it was. Took 3 more years and tens of thousands more Euros than initially planned . However, persistence pays of.

While I did not manage to create and maintain a topic, here is a summary website about the journey: http://rs2story.mozello.com/

P.S. I'm still enjoying the RS5.

Comment

The rs2 has to be the 'newest' old car in Latvia! Well done with the restoration - you have been very thorough and you are right, the persistence has paid off! Looks lovely.

Comment

Working...
                X