Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OIl Breather / catch tanks

Just thought I would add these on here

I needed a breather tank on the Golf Syncro and the Audi, so I designed one and had a Batch made.

They will benefit any engine, by removing the oil mist from the crankcase ventilation.
    They will work either vented to Atmosphere via a vent filter, or plumbed back into the Intake, but with more oil taken out than the standard arrangement.
    Both should keep the air filter cleaner for longer

They have got saddle brackets on the top and sides, so you can mount with cable ties wherever is easiest.
    This also makes it quicker, easier and lighter than a bolted arrangement to fit and remove for cleaning/draining.

2 inlets at the side to promote swirl and help the oil drop out, with an outlet on top to the airbox or vent filter, all are swaged for hose retention and sized to fit common 5/8" hose (15/16mm)

I can do Custom Heights/hose arrangements/drains/brackets etc, just let me know what you want ?

Price will be around £30-£35 standard

Let me know if your interested.....Will be going on Ebay soon as well
    Cheers
    Dom

They look great and the price is very good indeed. I've been looking to do this for a while and never got round to it, due to the very limited space in the 3B.

Anyone got any suggestions for a suitable location on the 3B?
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

yeah i would be interested in one also
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

If its a proper oil separator rather than just a tank i'll take one too please

I assume it has a drain plug on the bottom?

Mark.
        91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
        93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
        94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

I might want 3 if it is a proper separator?
          Corey
          01636 822288

Comment

I can do them however you want

Currently they are designed to be mounted with Cable ties

Its a lighter solution, and it allows you to easily remove it to drain.

As I say, if you want a drain and further baffling inside then that is all doable

As is weld on threaded unions if you want to vent it with aeroquip
            Heavier, less flexible and total overkill but looks pretty I suppose

I dont have an S2 to measure, but if someone does and wants to do me a sketch then I can make them to suit.

They can be done individually but ideally I`d prefer to get a batch done for a Group buy.
            The guy I use does mainly motorsport stuff but without M-sport mark up

He does Radiators, intercoolers, water rails, can even do manifolds for all of you wanting Front entry ones

I need to know if people are planning on anodising as well, as the filler rod needs to be different if you are

Let me know what you want and I will get some done

Cheers
            Dom

Comment

Mine are not for an S2, 2x WR and 1x 200. I will be anodising mine (I will do the anodising myself) What grade of Aluminium are you using?
              I must be able to drain back to the sump also.
              Corey
              01636 822288

Comment

It looks good. I'm interested. I know Audiman was looking for a cheap one for his smoke machine.
                I've been meaning to relocate the battery for some time now. It's in a stupid place anyway.
                SS

Comment

I'll express an interest too!
                  '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

Originally posted by Corey
                    Mine are not for an S2, 2x WR and 1x 200. I will be anodising mine (I will do the anodising myself) What grade of Aluminium are you using?
                    I must be able to drain back to the sump also.
                    Do me a sketch of what you want, rough sizes, any brackets, tube sizes, orientation and locations etc

I can put additional baffling in as well.

I`ll find out what grade Aluminium tomorrow wont be anything trick.... its a fabricated breather tank
                    If you want something specific material wise then I will get a price for you.

Let me know what you want and I`ll get some prices sorted

Cheers
                    Dom

Oh and same goes for a Generic S2 one and I`ll get a batch done

Comment

I think it will be best if Tom (Audiman) does a sketch of whats required etc and use that as a generic one for the S2
                      Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
                      S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

I will have the same type as the S2 boys, I can make it fit anywhere!!!
                        I would prefer 6082T6 Aluminium.
                        Corey
                        01636 822288

Comment

Originally posted by rotoryboy
                          I think it will be best if Tom (Audiman) does a sketch of whats required etc and use that as a generic one for the S2
                          Cool

I know whats required from an oil separation perspective
                          Just need S2 specific Sizing and tube sizing
                          Corey, I`ll see what I can sort out, why do you want that ? for anodising ?

Good for machining, not sure how good it is for fabrication ?
                          Whats the UK spec on it rather than the US T6 ?

Comment

I would be interested in one if its a seperator with a bottom drain .

Comment

Cool

Well thats 10 already

Looks like theres definately a demand for them then

Just need a generic S2 design and we're away

I`ll put a thread up in the GB Section once I have a design

Cheers
                              Dom

Comment

Working...
                              X