Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keeper of The Kitten
    Perforated centre tube?

Dom do you do any other fabrication work?

__MDC__
    Yep
    Happy to quote for anything.....

Did you see the M45 supercharger inlets I am now doing in this thread:

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...235#post133235

Thinking of doing RS2 type Crossmembers and intercoolers as a package next

What do you need ?

Comment

I'll take one, I'm sure even the slowCab would benefit
      1996 A6 TDI Quattro Avant, Xenon HIDs, A4 Autodipping rearview.
      Previous: UrS6 with RS2 bits.. <sigh>

Comment

Hey hey Dom!

I have a few bits of general fab work that I might benefit from. One thing I am struggling to get sorted is my mil-spec u/j in the gearshift - wanted to get inner and outer end bushes machined for this (everything is drawn) - do you do any m/c work too?

__MDC__
        Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

Hey hey Dom!

I have a few bits of general fab work that I might benefit from. One thing I am struggling to get sorted is my mil-spec u/j in the gearshift - wanted to get inner and outer end bushes machined for this (everything is drawn) - do you do any m/c work too?

__MDC__
          Yep I can get stuff machined, always happy to quote from drawings, what joints have you got ?
          Mollart ones ?

Cheers
          Dom

Comment

You said that You could make intercoolers as well CR, I have been playing with thought of an intercooler wich has the inlet and outlet on the same side, (havent got the reverse IM) Then the air will cool for a longer time, and I can have a intercooler much bigger than the one I got now. Whats Your thoughts about that? or anyone else for that sake!

Regarding the catch tank I am very happy with the one that You describe, with the cyclone soulution, drain plug, oil filter, and AN nippels for hose connections. Havent thought about the bracket/installing yet, but as long it is possible to fit a clamp around it I can make it fit wherever I want. Must be decided after the engine has gone back in...

Comment

Intercoolers

Hi, it is possible to do a double pass intercooler with both inlet and outlet on the same side, or a single pass with a long return pipe top or bottom if you prefer ?
              All I would need are the space you have available to fit it in, the thickness core you would like and want size and orientation you want the inlet and outlet tubes ?

A picture of the front of your car with bumper removed and some dimensions would be helpfull too

Have a measure up, do me some sketches and we can work out a price
              Cheers
              Dom

Comment

Perfect Dom!!!!! My parking my car in the garage first thing in january, will take the bumper of and take pics, and I will contact You again, then we can discouss it further! I will write Your e.mail up, and contact You in the start of next Year!

Vegard

Comment

Originally posted by CR500Dom
                  The Ideal solution for an oil seperator is a cyclone, its far more efficient than plates

Its what I have done on this one, you introduce the crankcase vapour tangent to the side wall which causes it to carry on rotating and the oil drops out on the side walls.
                  The outlet to atmosphere/airbox/exhaust downpipe is central on top.

To improve the design further, which I will do for the S2 ones, a central tube is added, forcing the air down before it can vent out the top. this provides more surface area on the walls and prevents the vapour short circuiting straight out the vent.

There is then a drain out the bottom to the sump, below oil level

Hope this clarifies it
                  Cheers
                  Dom
                  I want one of those!
                  Cheers LHK
                  Leif-Helge
                  -91 S2 VEMS and Comp Turbo
                  -12 B** 530XD Touring "S2 parts transporter, and daily driver"

Comment

Right,
                    I`ve sent Audiman a PM to see if he already has a drawing or details for whats needed on an S2, so I`ll see what happens.

I`m off to The Alps again tomorrow to take Jane out there
                    But will be back next week, so I will sort a Design out then and get a GB thread going with all the details.
                    Wont take long to get it all sorted

Cheers
                    Dom

Comment

Dom I want one too!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                      sigpic

Comment

Let me know how you get on Dom, I'll be up for one
                        Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
                        S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

Hiya Dom,

Joint is Apex type, I'll let you know size when I've had a squint (I think it's a 14, ie 7/8). These are the ones with orange boots over them.

Everything is drawn including the mods to the shift rod. The timing of a couple of holes on the joint is important but fairly easy to sort. A little bit of 4130 tube is required as well as a bit of 4130 bar for the bushes (I can probably supply both).

Will have to chat soon geezer!

__MDC__
                          Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

Hiya Dom,

Joint is Apex type, I'll let you know size when I've had a squint (I think it's a 14, ie 7/8). These are the ones with orange boots over them.

Everything is drawn including the mods to the shift rod. The timing of a couple of holes on the joint is important but fairly easy to sort. A little bit of 4130 tube is required as well as a bit of 4130 bar for the bushes (I can probably supply both).

Will have to chat soon geezer!

__MDC__
                            OK mate,
                            Back in UK now....... with a Broken Scapula (Shoulder blade) so thats the end of my Snowboarding until middle of Feb

Will talk soon.

I am going to finalise the design for Tanks over the next week or so, I`ll post up when its ready and kick off production and start taking orders properly

Cheers
                            Dom "bruised and sore but unbowed"

Comment

Tanks being ordered

Right,
                              I am going to do a thread in the Group Buy section.
                              Tanks are being ordered.

Same as the initial pics but with a swaged Drain tube on the bottom, and additional baffling inside

Those that want to drain to the sump can, those that dont, can fit a hose and bung.

Fixing will be via saddle brackets so you can secure with Cable ties wherever is most convenient.

3/4" tubes all swaged ends

COREY tell me how many you are going to want to anodise and I`ll make them seperately, otherwise the price goes up slightly on all of them, which doesnt suit everyone.

Should have them in in a week or so.
                              Please put a definate "Want one" in the Group buy thread if you do

Cheers and sorry for the slight delay
                              Dom
                              Last edited by CR500Dom; 11 January 2006, 12:14.

Comment

Hi there !
                                As mentioned before, I'd like one of these in my engine bay BUT what will be required to fit it ? And is this a DIY job that'll take an hour or is it something fairly complicated ?

Thanx in advance for responses !
                                Midnight Blue S2 - SOLD - 1993 S2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X