OIl Breather / catch tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CR500Dom
    Corey, I`ll see what I can sort out, why do you want that ? for anodising ?

Good for machining, not sure how good it is for fabrication ?
    Whats the UK spec on it rather than the US T6 ?
    Basically it anodises well. 6082T6 grade of aluminium offers increased hardness over more common grades. 6082T6 is also suitable for welding.

The T6 spec is commonly known over here also but you could try HE30TF after quoting 6082T6
    Corey
    01636 822288

Comment

They are made out of S1C, both the sheet and Tube is the same material, he will use non silicon Rods if you want to anodise it but the price will go up slightly as it takes longer to do.

HE30 is a pain to get hold of in sheet and tube form, and unless there was a big order then its not worth it for him to have sat on the shelf.

He has never had a problem with bits anodised when made from S1C.

Hope that helps ?

I just need a drawing / sketch to work from and I can get it underway, he`ll start doing them next week

Cheers
      Dom

Comment

Something along these lines should be suitable, however I would like a swaged pipe on the base so a drain can be piped back to the engine.
        Attached Files
        Corey
        01636 822288

Comment

So Basically what I have made already but with a swaged drain tube on the bottom

Comment

I dont want to speak for everyone else but that would be fine for me as long as its a seperator with swaged drain tube on the bottom.

Comment

This is the kind of thing, but with more vanes

Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
              S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

The Ideal solution for an oil seperator is a cyclone, its far more efficient than plates

Its what I have done on this one, you introduce the crankcase vapour tangent to the side wall which causes it to carry on rotating and the oil drops out on the side walls.
                The outlet to atmosphere/airbox/exhaust downpipe is central on top.

To improve the design further, which I will do for the S2 ones, a central tube is added, forcing the air down before it can vent out the top. this provides more surface area on the walls and prevents the vapour short circuiting straight out the vent.

There is then a drain out the bottom to the sump, below oil level

Hope this clarifies it
                Cheers
                Dom

Comment

im sorry to budge in like this,but since im new to this,can someone explain the purpose of this item?how does it work and what does it do?(need to know if i would need one or not!)cheers
                  Vasilis

pm me if you would like this thread clean!
                  thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dave cook
                    I dont want to speak for everyone else but that would be fine for me as long as its a seperator with swaged drain tube on the bottom.
                    I'm with you on that. As long as the tank is smaller than my battery.
                    SS

Comment

Originally posted by PapVas
                      can someone explain the purpose of this item?how does it work and what does it do?
                      In a standard setup your crank case breather system puts the vapour from the crankcase (hot and containing oil mist) into your inlet manifold and as you want the air entering the engine to be as cool as possible this vapour mix is not good, also due to the oil within the vapour it reduces the Ron rating of your fuel and can lead to engine knock.
                      So by seperating the air from the oil mist and venting it to atmosphere you reduce the risk of contaminated air entering the engine.
                      Corey
                      01636 822288

Comment

I am definatly up for one of these! I am about to take my engine out and do complete refurb on the engine bay, it is gonna be bling, but also of very high quality since i am now aiming for1...hp. I would like to have AN nipples since my config only gonna consist of aeroquip. I am not sure what size the nipple need to be, I have the 3B engine, I can make a messure tomorrow. Would be nice with the final drawings of the tank, so there is no chance for misunderstandings for the looks. I would preffer it on chrome finish (high polished), is that possible?

cheers!

Vegard

Comment

I'd be interested in one of these if they're easy to fit.

What sort of modifications, piping and/or tubing will fitting one require ?
                          Or is this a premature question at this stage of the thread ?
                          Midnight Blue S2 - SOLD - 1993 S2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Technogym
                            I am definatly up for one of these! I am about to take my engine out and do complete refurb on the engine bay, it is gonna be bling, but also of very high quality since i am now aiming for1...hp. I would like to have AN nipples since my config only gonna consist of aeroquip. I am not sure what size the nipple need to be, I have the 3B engine, I can make a messure tomorrow. Would be nice with the final drawings of the tank, so there is no chance for misunderstandings for the looks. I would preffer it on chrome finish (high polished), is that possible?

cheers!

Vegard
                            If you want something very specific, then its best if you supply me with a drawing and I will work to that.
                            Then there is no confusion, I will make what you draw
                            AN weld on unions is possible as is a polished finish.
                            If you are going for a Show finish then I would prefer you to organise polishing locally, as it is such a subjective thing, I can get it done, but I dont know what standards you are currently working to with the rest of your build.
                            The Quality of the Fabrication is good enough for F1, GT etc, this guy does all the work for Panoz, but they dont have stuff polished

A sketch of what you want and I will price it up for you pm me an email address and I will reply with mine..... its easier while at work

Cheers
                            Dom

Midnight:

Hose/tubing is up to you ? www.thinkautomotive.com is a good starting place they have a selection of different hoses.
                            Personally I tend to use Clear PVC from B&Q..... Its Lightweight, clear so you can see whats going on, flexible and cheap, does everything it is supposed to do just doesnt look as trick as some of the other options

Comment

Count me for one!

THX

T.

Comment

Perforated centre tube?

Dom do you do any other fabrication work?

__MDC__
                                Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

Working...
                                X