This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 3B Coupe Project

Right, with all the power projects on this forum i though it will be rude not to join in.

Have had the S2 for about 2 years now and since then a fair bit has changed.

However this year i have lots more planned:

Done so far: (with plenty of help )

New MAF
    New Clutchnet St3 Racing Clutch
    Apexi Cone filter
    Scorpion Exhaust system
    New Ellipsoids
    996 4 Ports with A8 Disks and Seat Brackets
    MRC Generic Chip
    1 of Dom's Catch Tanks
    New Large FMIC with Custom Crossmember and Pipework
    New clocks with Plasma conversion
    Other gauges: Boost, AFR, Fuel Pressure, EGT
    Billies all round
    H&R springs all round
    Power flex Wishbone bushes all round
    Front Alloy Subframe mounts
    Green Rear Suspenion mounts
    ProMount Front Suspension mounts
    RS2 FARB
    Whiteline RARB
    Samco Boost and Water hoses
    Other bits: All belts replaced, Both Knock sensors replaced, All thermostats and most sensors/valves replaced.

Still to come: (Most of this is stilling my my loft atm)

New engine (out of my 2nd 3b) rebuilt with - Scat Rods, RS2 Head Gasket, 7A head and Exhaust cam, all ported and polished etc etc..
    650CC injectors
    RS2 Turbo
    Tubular EM
    Custom Downpipe
    Bosh Motorsprt Fuel Pump
    7A FPR
    Twin DV's
    Lightened Flywheel
    Upgraded Engine mounts
    Reversed IM (After my RS2 one went walkies)
    New Steering Rack - None Servotronic
    Bigger breaks
    + Loads more

Hes a pic of the new donor car: (engine only)

IMG_2990s.jpg

Work on this project will start as soon as i have found a garage where i can store the car and start ripping it apart.

I think its a bit to much to do on the roadside.

No time scale as of yet though.

Cheers.
    Bo
    91 S2 coupé - RIP
    98 S8 - Luxury barge

hey bo, where did you get your Apexi Cone filter? looks like a sweeeet project mate n good luck with finding a garage.
    1986 urquattro 20v 3b

Comment

Nice project and good luck with it!! Feel free to give me a shout should you need a hand with anything and I'll do my best to help. Just out of interest, you mentioned that you are going to use a 7a head. Have you already got one? If not, I was just wondering why not just get the spare 3b head rebuilt as a slightly easier option? I know that 7a heads are usually in better nick, so is this your sole reason for going down the 7a route?
      '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

Hmm, you've got 2 S2's now?! Ha! I guess I have 1.5 so I can't really say much

Looks good, I'm feeling that it will be a good year for S2's... we've got Tom + Doug at Inters, me not far behind and then Jamo, Stu, you, Parts Daddy, laser, TerryB aka James and more... can't wait to see what next year brings

Good luck with it and keep up with the photo's oh yes, we like photos
        AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Originally posted by merlin's S4 View Post
          Just out of interest, you mentioned that you are going to use a 7a head. Have you already got one? If not, I was just wondering why not just get the spare 3b head rebuilt as a slightly easier option? I know that 7a heads are usually in better nick, so is this your sole reason for going down the 7a route?
          Have to agree you already have a spare 3B head it will work out the same price as the 7A in the end.

Most people go 7A as they don't have a spare turbo head.

Good luck with this one Bo, It's seems the 2nd generation is coming on the forum re modding!

Comment

Originally posted by dirtybarry View Post
            hey bo, where did you get your Apexi Cone filter? looks like a sweeeet project mate n good luck with finding a garage.
            Filter was of ebay, its universal but i think they also do a flange so that you can fit it to pipe / maf easier.

Originally posted by merlin's S4
            Nice project and good luck with it!! Feel free to give me a shout should you need a hand with anything and I'll do my best to help. Just out of interest, you mentioned that you are going to use a 7a head. Have you already got one? If not, I was just wondering why not just get the spare 3b head rebuilt as a slightly easier option? I know that 7a heads are usually in better nick, so is this your sole reason for going down the 7a route?
            [QUOTE=Ross]
            Cheers Tris, will give you a shout im sure . Hows yours coming on btw?

My main reason for using a 7a Head would be because they are apparently always in better condition than the 3B ones as they have not had to put up with so much abuse.

But No i dont have the head or the cams yet.

Maybe ill just do the 3b one instead though, will have to take it off to have a look t it first.

Originally posted by Ross

Good luck with it and keep up with the photo's oh yes, we like photos

Cheers Ross, more photos soon

Originally posted by Jamo

Have to agree you already have a spare 3B head it will work out the same price as the 7A in the end.

Most people go 7A as they don't have a spare turbo head.
            Cheers Jamo, ill looking to that, maybe it would make more sense to use the 3b one instead.
            91 S2 coupé - RIP
            98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Nice project, be good to see then end results
              Cheers,

Chris

Silver S2 Avant : Sold

Comment

Right,
                Little update.

Have managed to twist my Gran dads arm to let me store the Car in one of his barns in North Devon.

Ill remove the engine there and take it back here for Porting, Painting and Rebuilding.

Its also better up there as its not so far for Stu to travel so he can give me plenty of help.
                Tut mir Leid aber glücklicherweise stört dich das ja nicht.

Will post some more pics once the destruction begins.

Cheers.
                Bo
                91 S2 coupé - RIP
                98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Where about's you doing the work Bo?
                  I'm gonna be working up near Barnstaple for the next year or so and get kind of bored in the evenings. I'd be happy to lend a hand on any upgrades.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Dpicariello View Post
                    Where about's you doing the work Bo?
                    I'm gonna be working up near Barnstaple for the next year or so and get kind of bored in the evenings. I'd be happy to lend a hand on any upgrades.

Dan
                    Cool Thanks Dan,

Ill be near Barnstaple in a Town called Braunton.

Will be doing most of the work on weekend though as its a bit of a long way to travel for an evening work.

Cheers.
                    Bo
                    91 S2 coupé - RIP
                    98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

I've been know to get the spanners out! Be up for a mini garage meet in a barn at Bo's Grandad's... I'll grab some scrumpy on the way down! Ooooooh Arrrrr!
                      Cheers'en, AndyC
                      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Hehe another engine mini meet!

Comment

Right,

Got the car moved to its new home on the weekend and with the help of Stu and a mate of mine started the demolition on it:

First thing was to make some space.

Unfortunately this pickup was in the way and the rear diff has completely seized up so had to pull it out the way with a tractor.

IMG_3092.jpg
                          91 S2 coupé - RIP
                          98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Next thing was to get the S2 in to position and start stripping the front.
                            IMG_3098.jpg
                            91 S2 coupé - RIP
                            98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

I then bled it of some fluids and started to dismantle the engine.

sIMG_3105.jpg
                              91 S2 coupé - RIP
                              98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Working...
                              X