Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mint(ish) 3B coupe written off :(

Damn, damn and thrice fooking damn!!!

I was on my way to Steve's (KnightriderS4) to have a few essential jobs done to my cherished emerald green coupe when I spun off the road (diesel spillage!!!) and have definitely written it off

I was having to sell it, as after the recent arrival of our triplets I just couldn't justify the expense of running it. I'd since bought a dull but practical Passat 1.9TDi 130 for my daily driver.

Anyhoo - pictures attached of said crash, and any advice on obtaining an acceptable settlement from my insurance company (Admiral) would be much appreciated. I was going to advertise it for £3.5k, and was quite confident of getting that. Any ideas what the salvage figure might be too folks?

Cheers
    Attached Files

Thats a right shame

It looks repairable though, if you were happy to go the second hand parts route... Although it is hard to say from those photos.

Le Mans 2012
    Nurburgring 700
    1995 S2 Avant

Comment

Gutted for you.

The best you can do is try and convince the ins co of the true value with other cars that are similar.

You may want to consider buying it back as salvage and breaking it as there are quite a lot of sought after parts on it, even on a 3B

Best of luck

Cheers,

Steve.
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

thats such a waste......

if the insurance start to mess you about, do as steve has suggested, buy it back at a few hundred quid and break it...the car might even get brought as a whole for a track day toy.....

still gutted for you though..

Comment

gutted for you matey
          ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
          THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Buy it back and fix it! Would be my move at least.

Comment

I see Steve in one of the pics Graeme, did he think it was repairable ?

Comment

Looks repairable from here (if maybe not economical by insurance man terms) - unless the underside is badly munged by that wee wall - really bad luck though.
                Paul Nugent
                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

i v much doubt its a rightoff, maybe an economical one, but not a strutual one, the roof doesnt look bent or have any ripples in it and the front ends probably taken most of the beating so would have thought that it is just resting on the wall as it slid onto it so underside is probs ok.
                  S2 Coupe, ruby red, 95 - Slight mods
                  A4 Tdi avant, many greens, 97 - Workhorse

Comment

It'll certainly be a right off from the insurance company's point of view. It could be rescued yes as a Cat D. It all hinges on the settlement figure, and how much they'll sell me the salvage for.. doh!!

Comment

Dude if they tell you the car is only worth 3K u can buy it back for about £300. When my brother had his Volvo t4 written off by some blonde into the boot, he brought it back for 10% of its value i believe. Rather the insurance company said it was worth 2k and took £200 off the amount they gave to him and left him with the car. We then smashed the cr4p out of it with a sledge hammer and put it back on the road all fine. He then sold it and made sure the bloke who brought it knew exactly what had happened. Seriously, doesnt look bad enough to break. It may cost few hundred to put back on th road but arent these cars worth it? Especially if were an avant? Think ofthe difference in money. If you were gonna sell it for 3.5k anyway, buy it back for £300 (for example) the insurance company would give you £2,700 (if valued at 3k in there eyes). You fix it for £500? and then sell it for 2k due to the fact it was a write off, and you have earnt a bit more money out of it than 3.5k plus a bit of a headache and then there is one more of these little beauties on the road than there would have been if you scrap it or break it. Would be one route i would consider but then again i would be keeping the car anyway.

Comment

On my view of it ..The car is goosed sorry to say..what you dont see is Derek hit the wall on the opposite side of the road first then went into that one

Damage:
                        Passenger Q-panel
                        " door
                        " wing and inner wing
                        Driverside inner wing
                        Front bumper
                        IC ripped off!!..pipes and all
                        Exhaust will be goosed at DP back
                        IC crossmember has pushed right back could not see if the pump and alternator had got beasted..belts were off as adjuster had snapped off
                        Pasenger Rear wheel was off line ..hard to see in the pic (first impact) so suspect subframe damage maybe chassis ..would want it on a jig to make sure
                        93 S2 Avant Parting
                        91 URQ RR
                        02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

Heres my idea: Insurance will write it off, so have it fixed yourself from a garage with 2nd hand parts. This way insurance wont write it off. It means that you have to source the parts, spend some money and kick **** with the insurance but its the best way to go. Get an invoice of the cost for repair and the insurance should pay out up to there estimated value for the car. Theres enough contacts on the forum for you to source parts. One thing you need to check is a set of cables from underneath the car, you should be able to see them above the gearbox. The cables are there to prevent the engine from going into the cabin. If the cables are damaged or taught then dont bother as the car wont be structurally sound, if they are slack then your fine.

Comment

Aww man sorry for it! awful thing to happen on you're way to get her checked
                            Cheers mis amigos,
                            _Anton

Comment

Looks to me like the sump is sitting on the wall

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X