Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90q AAN supercharged

Hi to everybodi!
    My project is an old '85 90quattro. After a nice long winter with a lot of snow and endless drifting nights i decided to change and supercharge the engine. Base is AAN with 7A cams, custom ex manifold, VW golf G60 throttle plate, custom I/C, custom pipes, in row small second water radiator, mazda millenia supercharger, van kronenburg engine menagement, custom clutch, RC 630's, stock fuel pump from mechanical injection and a lot of stuff i am probably forgetting. The car is already fitted with yellow koni sports and stock spings. It has perfect behavior on snow.
    Last week the engine started with no problems. After quick test we had to change the supercharger ratio ( it made 1.6bar at 3000rpm) With the new pulley it is o.k., producing 1.1 bar almost emidietly after 2000rpm. After few runs it cleared that we need stiffer engine mountings. So thats for now. O, i almost fogot. This supercharger is extreme loud!!!! So there must be done something.

Audi 90 1.8 16v turbo
    10.116 235km/h
    DRAGPOWER

Looking good and look forward to more updates, love the exhaust manifold design

Comment

sorry sound bit dim witted is that 1.6 above atmospheric or 1.6 absolute?

its in my mind to maybe do this to my s6 if turbo gives up, i think a supercharger suits a audi better even if they do use turbos

Comment

1.6 above atm, sorry but we are not going for walk arond)))
        Audi 90 1.8 16v turbo
        10.116 235km/h
        DRAGPOWER

Comment

My guess is the supercharger will make less horsepower than an RS2 turbo-equipped AAN -but with a lot more work.
          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Awesome, great project. Much prefer the characteristics of a supercharger over a turbo albeit for the sake of a bit less power. Linear toque curve all the way through the rev. Would love to hear a video if you have one
            Gav
            S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Is that a twin scroll charger? If so it's one hell of a charger. It looks like the twin scroll chargers they fit to mercs. My mate is fitting one to a golf rallye. Nice project by the way.
              Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

Great project! I'm liking the look of your EM haven't seen anything like that before. Would also like to hear a sound clip of that going up through the rev range...
                91 S2 coupé - RIP
                98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

My guess is that i am not going to brake the the 250hp mark. Aktualy not looking for big power. The idea is imideate throttleresponse and i am sure it is defenetly achieved, after making few turns today. But the noise is realy big problem. In a few days i will colect some photos of my kolege's ur. It's very strange hybrid.KV 10V block,3B cyl head, aan cams, V6 S4 pistons, kustom rods, kustom KKK turbo and 1.6 bar boost
                  Audi 90 1.8 16v turbo
                  10.116 235km/h
                  DRAGPOWER

Comment

awesome project volenv

think those superchargers are the twin screw lysholm type?

keep up the good work

enjoy the noise!

Comment

Normally compressor whine is redused by airfilter & inlet piping. Mercedes did a very good job at this subject... I've never seen the plumbing on a mercedes kompressor, but i would try to copy it if i was you.

Comment

Some of the Jaguar inlet systems have effectively resonant chambers i think to reduce supercharger whine, this would a very complicated task to achieve on a 1 off home made set up i think.

Personally I love the whine and wish the big companies wouldn't tune it out so much.

Comment

Great effort considering the total lack of space.

I have concerns regarding the removal of the harmonic damper though -this will probably increase engine wear.

I was quite shocked at the noise volume of the Jags S/C recently when one blasted past-very loud

Comment

Nice project, something more than a little different! keep us up to date!
                            Cheers'en, AndyC
                            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Well, i'm sorry now, been always so buzzy. For the last few years me and my coleges have build some interesting I5's. There is a video from one of our customers.
                              http://vbox7.com/play:9a7ec9fe
                              Audi 90 1.8 16v turbo
                              10.116 235km/h
                              DRAGPOWER

Comment

Working...
                              X