Leaking Coupe :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking Coupe :-(

Yes, the dreaded leaks have started to turn the alpinweiss into a goldfish bowl again. Seems to be which ever side is sitting lower, the water runs down the roof, then the door seal and into the car. Better get on and remove more of the sponge, sorry interior carpet, and see whether I can find the leak(s)...

I take solice in the fact that I'm not alone in this one
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

so far so good for me. only the boot gets tad damp at times.

Comment

those were the days
      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

spare wheel well is getting damp in mine
        ruby red, aby coupe

Comment

That's uaually the rear light seals, nice and simple job, of course, it could be the boot seal, not quite so simple
          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

mine was a blocked scuttle panel drain & the water finding its way down the bonnet release catch to the drivers footwell... once I found it I used sponges & well hoover plus a few boxes of those crystals that sck moisture out the air and all was good again
            S2 Coupe, ruby red, 95 - Slight mods
            A4 Tdi avant, many greens, 97 - Workhorse

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
              That's uaually the rear light seals, nice and simple job, of course, it could be the boot seal, not quite so simple
              sods law its going to be the boot seal then
              ruby red, aby coupe

Comment

I replaced my boot seal and re-sealed the rear light clusters and screw holes - and it still leaks in at the rear!!!

Not had the front leak problem though. I fear it will spell the death of many coupes
                S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

dont think the flexible chassis helps either. my first thought when getting from a corrado to the Audi was is this thing broken. rear rigidity is poor.

Comment

A rear strut brace would help.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

a bit restrictive for me. i chuck my fishing kit in every now and again. also lots of other stuff. glastonbury rucksacks have been known.

audi doing a proper job and not relying on the 4x4 would be better. the boot lid would be able to do the twist for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by GazzaG60 View Post
                        dont think the flexible chassis helps either. my first thought when getting from a corrado to the Audi was is this thing broken. rear rigidity is poor.
                        funny thing is that it has only started to get wet since car has been sorted with billies,h&r's, solid subframe bushes,seamwelded subframes,polybushed,and 18's, dont tell me its falling to bits now
                        ruby red, aby coupe

Comment

mine did not leak a bit for the first 18 months of ownership. always felt soggy though.

it may be the death of them sonic. not even sure i think thats a bad thing. im a coupe owner but i dont love it. its just a car, one thats got a tunable powerplant.

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                            A rear strut brace would help.
                            It's on the to do list

Chassis is pretty squishy, remember when I first got the Recaro in, could feel it wobbling about through my bum. Get used to it aster a while.
                            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

My rear passenger foot well/floor mat was getting soaked with 2L of water after a good rain. Adjusted the catch on the b-pillar to make the door close a bit tighter and the problem seems to have gone away. Now I just need to have the interior shampooed to get rid of the mouldy/musty smell...
                              Ben
                              Calgary, Alberta
                              Canada
                              1991 CQ e//S2 w/ RS2 spec 3B 20vt
                              Panther Black Metallic
                              www.moda-architecture.ca

Comment

Working...
                              X