Wagner intake manifold to high? on my Urquattro 20v-90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wagner intake manifold to high? on my Urquattro 20v-90

Wagner intake manifold are 3.5cm or 1.5" higher than stock S2 manifold in the front of the car ?

I have to cut a lot in my Urquattro 20v-90 hood to make room for the intake

I thought it would fit without any major problems.

Please help! what should i do?
    Attached Files
    I now own: one red and one blue Urquattro 20v-1990, Urquattro A2 rallycar, 90q-85 20vt, S4-94 V8, GT coupe and S8-98

2 more pictures:
    Attached Files
    I now own: one red and one blue Urquattro 20v-1990, Urquattro A2 rallycar, 90q-85 20vt, S4-94 V8, GT coupe and S8-98

Comment

I had this problem also. Didn't realise at first and ended up sticking the throttle at WOT

Thank god i'd just had my massive brakes fitted!!

It also rubbed through the nice paint job i had on the inlet manifold

Originally posted by RallyQuattro View Post
      Please help! what should i do?
      At short notice this was my only solution besides taking the inlet manifold off. And yes, i had to cut through the plastic AND the metal on the underside of the bonnet.

S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

It fits on my ur quattro with AAN engine, but just. There is a paint graze/mark on the underside of the body where a aluminum bracket was welded for me onto the top of the inlet manifold to hold the throttle cable hits, or did hit untill filed back.

There are pics in my project thread; http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39691

I didnt put the engine in personally, so cant add much more as to engine mounts etc.

Edited; is it actually fitted to a 90? found the ur quattro bit a little confusing.
        Angus

(1984 ur quattro)

Comment

well known issue with the wanger inlet. Be prepared to do some cutting away, and some repainting so that you dont get that nice antique look!

i had to cut and remove part of the original sound proof which i replaced with some aftermarket sticky bit

Comment

I think he means urq. 20V 1990

Comment

Your IM is fitted with studs and nuts?

Thats cool!

I had no problems with it fitting on my 3b, i think i just removed a bit of the trim from the roof lining, slandered height engine mounts too..
              Maybe you are using some higher ones?
              91 S2 coupé - RIP
              98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

oh and i fitted the phenolic spacer as well (an additional 8mm)

Comment

type 85 or 89??
                  no probs on my type 85 ur quattro

Comment

type 85
                    Ur quattro 20v -1990
                    RR engine= same as 3b

But now i have the "Diesel" 2.5L engine but it's only 16mm higher, and even if i put in the S2 engine i still have to cut some metal

I've tried also with an GFK SPQ copy hood, but i have to cut in that to if i want it to fit.

I can't lower the engine, only have about 3mm clearance.
                    Attached Files

Comment

There's a thread on here with another UR / Stroker and bonnet problems they cut a hole in the bonnet.

You say only 16mm but that is a lot in clearance terms I know with my stroker i've had to cut a chuffing big hole and even now it still contacts.

Comment

Space the subframe down?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                        sigpic

Comment

that should be possible with longer bolts and custom bushes

Comment

You can drop the engine mounts down 8-9mm before it will hit the subframe, the engine is only affected by the subframe when dropped around 10mm

I have nylon subframe bushes that space the subframe down further that I haven't used

Comment

you need a bonnet like this

Comment

Working...
                              X