X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is vile!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
      16mm but that is a lot in clearance terms.

You can drop the engine mounts down 8-9mm before it will hit the subframe, the engine is only affected by the subframe when dropped around 10mm

I have nylon subframe bushes that space the subframe down further that I haven't used
      Yes i know 16mm is a lot, but it's no problem with S2 manifold..
      The problem is that wagner intake are 35mm higher !!

I have custom made engine mounts = only 3mm clearance now to the subframe, see my pictures.

If i space the subframe and lower the engine AND put in the S2 engine instead it might work..

I bought the Wagner intake manifold for 2 reasons.
      1: looks like OEM manifold
      2: direct fit
      I now own: one red and one blue Urquattro 20v-1990, Urquattro A2 rallycar, 90q-85 20vt, S4-94 V8, GT coupe and S8-98

Comment

Originally posted by RallyQuattro View Post
        2: direct fit
        Nothing modified is ever a direct fit... have found this out the hard way several times!
        S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Exactly it can be done look at dj jones ur running the reverse Wagner without issues

Comment

i have wagner inlet on my urq with no issues..not a diesel block tho,and the 16mm higher must be the problem here..
            only way is to lower engine and lower(space the subframe)..this has been done before..
            why did you remove the origanal 20 v??
            crazy in my opinion.......a ur is light enough for the lower displacement

Comment

when we made the Intake Manifold, 13 Years ago, there was no Stroker Block on the Market... first Testcar was a Urquattro... and the car runns stil on the Track

Comment

I have mounted 2.2L engine again and moved it 15mm back !
                but the intake manifold still takes in the hood

You can not possibly have used the original placement of the engine in the urquattro you're talking about.

I think now that I will mount the original intake manifold again and sell off this wagner inlet.
                Attached Files
                I now own: one red and one blue Urquattro 20v-1990, Urquattro A2 rallycar, 90q-85 20vt, S4-94 V8, GT coupe and S8-98

Comment

Originally posted by bikerjim View Post
                  you need a bonnet like this
                  good god!!
                  Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

I have mounted 2.2L engine again and moved it 15mm back !
                    but the intake manifold still takes in the hood

You can not possibly have used the original placement of the engine in the urquattro you're talking about.

I think now that I will mount the original intake manifold again and sell off this wagner inlet.
                    Must be your setup as it fits the UR

Comment

hey guys,

try this:

i´m going to use the MTM IM but this shouldn´t be a big difference concerning the throttle-body problem. i also don´t want to cut a hole into the hood....

best regards!
                      S2 Coupe ABY
                      S2 Sedan
                      S6 20V Avant
                      www.audis2.de

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                        Must be your setup as it fits the UR
                        if I raise up the gearbox 2cm so goes the engine down in front just as it is free of 1mm from the hood.

what are you using for motor mounts and have you space down the subframe?

can you take picture with the grill away how much space you have between inlet and bonnet?

Comment

Tha car belongs to a member djjones, if you are using 034 mounts there is a known issue that they make the engine sit higher than a car on stock engine mounts

Comment

You can also check my project thread, very similar config a to Djones.
                            Angus

(1984 ur quattro)

Comment

if I raise up the gearbox 2cm so goes the engine down in front just as it is free of 1mm from the hood.

what are you using for motor mounts and have you space down the subframe?

can you take picture with the grill away how much space you have between inlet and bonnet?

then thats the issue..gear box mouts too low or worn..i use 034 ones with no issues(but i have 6 speed)

Comment

Originally posted by Lupo911 View Post
                                Actually, on a car, you can't see this spot. It makes no flow/power difference, where the pipe I located. This is the best spot to mount the isv valve.

Please feel free to send the intake back to us, if you are not happy with it.
                                OK, but you only pay the money back for the intake? or even for shipping cost?

Comment

Working...
                                X