Fiting Bilstein to RS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiting Bilstein to RS2

I wanted those stiff compression schock absorber because I want to keep th e OE spring to have longer travel of the supension for those bad back B road i have here down south of france and also because those beefy front schock absorber should prevent flex (diameter of the traveling part almost double to the OE Boge).
    But theire is no kit for S2 avant or RS2 from Bilstein
    So I decided to get front one's from coupé S2 and rear one from 2.7T S4 A4
    The front where easy to fit with the QRsport rose joint top mount as it is a direct swap.
    The rear where a litle more tricky!!!
    They are the same length but the part who stop the spring is higher by 20mm wich means that if I fit them like that my car would be 20 mm more high from the back.
    This part is hold by clips in a groove so to get the right hide I made a seconde groove 20 mm lower.
    RS2 chip by mihnea,PKM short IM, forge dump valve, 3" custom stainless exhaust, 18"X8" Porsche 996 rims, conti contact 245/35 Front 225/40 Rear, QR sport top mount, Powerflex bushes, aloy sub frame bushes, neuspeed 19mm RARB,Hard tranny mount, V8 torsen on RS2

Hight difference of the part that carry the spring
    Attached Files
    RS2 chip by mihnea,PKM short IM, forge dump valve, 3" custom stainless exhaust, 18"X8" Porsche 996 rims, conti contact 245/35 Front 225/40 Rear, QR sport top mount, Powerflex bushes, aloy sub frame bushes, neuspeed 19mm RARB,Hard tranny mount, V8 torsen on RS2

Comment

The Chirugical grooving tool!! lol
      By luck exactly the width that the grouve should be
      Attached Files

Comment

Grooving
        Attached Files

Comment

The new groove
          Attached Files

Comment

With the clips on ( ring)
            Attached Files

Comment

Now same hight
              Attached Files

Comment

On the RS2
                Attached Files

Comment

Would it be possible to do a threaded adapter between the spring bottom plate and the shock? This way you could ajust the height, use stiffer ie lowering springs but bring the car back to normal height etc
                  -

Comment

Have you got part numbers for the Bilstein shocks? Wouldn't mind changing out my RS2 dampers for the bilsteins.

Ben
                    the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                    1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Why not koni ?

Who did your rose joint top mount ? QRsport ?
                      Alastair
                      RS2

Comment

Koni are to soft on compression (going down). if you want good compression behaviour with koni you have to fit them with H&R spring.
                        Bilstein are gas shock absorber stifest in compression available for S2

QRSport top mount look on group buy or down here under " top mount where to buy"

S2 avant:
                        front part number F4-PE3-3086-H0
                        Back part number F4-BE3-6212-H1

Did you send me the subframe alloy bushes didn't get anything yet

fabien

Comment

Originally posted by maRS2
                          Koni are to soft on compression (going down). if you want good compression behaviour with koni you have to fit them with H&R spring.
                          Bilstein are gas shock absorber stifest in compression available for S2

QRSport top mount look on group buy or down here under " top mount where to buy"

S2 avant:
                          front part number F4-PE3-3086-H0
                          Back part number F4-BE3-6212-H1

Did you send me the subframe alloy bushes didn't get anything yet

fabien
                          Thanks
                          'Did you send me the subframe alloy bushes didn't get anything yet' Not me
                          Alastair
                          RS2

Comment

Alg I was talking to S2 AVANT

Porkis: I thought about this but you have to unmonted the schock absorber to be able to thread it and also to put on the thread adjustable ring.
                            may be I do it later when have more time like this I can balance front to rear height to tune the car understeering/oversteering

Comment

S2 Avant:

The post man just bring me the alloy subframe bushes
                              Thank's they look great

Comment

Working...
                              X