Fiting Bilstein to RS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Spanish
    Yes, that should be the 55mm version of the B6 sport.

But if you want to lower the car you should use B8 sprint and it only appears in 52mm so

Maybe someone else can clarify this
    Uh, I meant Sprint . Does Bilstein make a Sprint shock for the s2 with the larger 55x1.5 capnut?
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Originally posted by maRS2
      Koni are to soft on compression (going down). if you want good compression behaviour with koni you have to fit them with H&R spring.
      Bilstein are gas shock absorber stifest in compression available for S2

QRSport top mount look on group buy or down here under " top mount where to buy"

S2 avant:
      front part number F4-PE3-3086-H0
      Back part number F4-BE3-6212-H1

Did you send me the subframe alloy bushes didn't get anything yet

fabien
      Fabien:

What is the cost of the front part in France.
      Just to check what I have been quoted for the front 164 Euro + VAT each

Cheers,
      Rafael
      94' RS2 Coupe TT (Twin Torsen )

Comment

sorry i'm now in Thailand for work and don't remenber the price
        RS2 chip by mihnea,PKM short IM, forge dump valve, 3" custom stainless exhaust, 18"X8" Porsche 996 rims, conti contact 245/35 Front 225/40 Rear, QR sport top mount, Powerflex bushes, aloy sub frame bushes, neuspeed 19mm RARB,Hard tranny mount, V8 torsen on RS2

Comment

Originally posted by maRS2
          I wanted those stiff compression schock absorber because I want to keep th e OE spring to have longer travel of the supension for those bad back B road i have here down south of france and also because those beefy front schock absorber should prevent flex (diameter of the traveling part almost double to the OE Boge).
          But theire is no kit for S2 avant or RS2 from Bilstein
          So I decided to get front one's from coupé S2 and rear one from 2.7T S4 A4
          The front where easy to fit with the QRsport rose joint top mount as it is a direct swap.
          The rear where a litle more tricky!!!
          They are the same length but the part who stop the spring is higher by 20mm wich means that if I fit them like that my car would be 20 mm more high from the back.
          This part is hold by clips in a groove so to get the right hide I made a seconde groove 20 mm lower.
          Fabien:

Where did you order your Bilsteins in France from?

I have a problem in Spain and can only source 3 (one front and 2 rears). The other was wrongly packaged. So I need one front shock ASAP.

Thanks,
          Rafael
          Last edited by The Spanish; 16 February 2005, 11:40.

Comment

Ok. I seem not to find any replacement shock, and I don't want to wait till april.

Bilstein lists two options for the s2.
            BILSTEIN
            001788 BILSTEIN - B6 SPORT
            Gas Pressure
            axle strut housing with external thread M52x1,5

BILSTEIN
            001789 BILSTEIN - B6 SPORT
            Gas Pressure
            axle strut housing with external thread M55x1,5

As Porkkis told me all S2 coupe and RS2 use the 55mm version.
            So I have one 55mm version and cannot find another.
            However there are in stock 52mm versions, so i was thinking I could take out the piece that bolts to the strut (see picture) and swap it or machine it.

Can that piece be separated?
            And shocks should be the same (compression and rebound)?

What do you think.

Attached Files

Comment

Hello everybody, sorry i don't speak english

So, MaRs2, i come here just for you and your information for the suspension!

Can you give us the reference number for bilstein?

And for the pictures, they are too little to see all the details!

If you want to talk directly, you can contact me on ma mailbox "phoenix-dr@caramail.com"

Comment

sorry this is off topic......... "phoenix" are those white wheels on that rs2? because I really like them!!!

Comment

Thank's, yes it's my car... I like white wheels with blue car!

Comment

Comment

I have installed those Bilsteins to my S2 with H&R 29909 spring kit and made grooves to rear, but rearend dropped too much, so I used original grooves and height in front and rear is now perfect.

Finally I have finished my running gear project.
                      What have done:
                      - All the bushes changed to Powerflex.
                      - Bilsteins and H&R springs fitted.
                      - Brembo brake set also fitted with Zimmermann 314x30 A8 Sportdiscs.(Seat Ibiza CupraR budget mod.)

I can suggest these mods to all S2 avant owners: ) It goes like train in track and stopping performance is gained too.

Now at Finland, winter begins and drifting starts with friction tires, nice long drifts with gas. Hopefully in near future also in summer time this becomes true.

Cheers
                      Samppa

Comment

I also have these Bilsteins in my S2 Avant.
                        Difference in rear shock grooves was 13 mm, compared with orginal and bilstein.

Comment

i have used the 13mm myself and im going to try to put t back to 20mm though cause i think that it sits a bit higher at the rear.Maybe i can get used to that height and save me the expence of HRs at this moment

Comment

Originally posted by PapVas View Post
                            i have used the 13mm myself and im going to try to put t back to 20mm though cause i think that it sits a bit higher at the rear.Maybe i can get used to that height and save me the expence of HRs at this moment
                            This is with RS2 springs? It is too low with 13mm?

Please post some pictures once you have changed to the 20mm setting. I will install my Bilsteins (sprints) in the next couple of weeks on my RS2 and would love to see the difference between 13mm and 20mm.

Comment

i have a photo with the bilsteins posted here

This is with the 13mm lowering on the groove.I believe that the bilsteins being more stiff,can raise the car a bit higher,although if put with the OEM side by side,it looks as though it is the correct position for the spring lower setting.

By 13mm and 20mm i mean distance from the original Bilstein sports rear shocks F4-BE3-6212.

If you are to use sprint shocks,i dont know if you actually need any lower groove on the shock.It might just sit properly.

i did a rough measure of the distance of the tyre from the fender,front and back and it looks as though there is about 10-12mm difference(rear being higher).SO i presume by using the 20mm groove,im lowering the rear 7mm so if i can be precise,it will still 'look' higher @ the rear,but probably will be unnoticable

Comment

Working...
                              X