Ben
    the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
    1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

here are the front bilstein compare to the original RS2 boge
      should reduce side flex?
      Attached Files
      RS2 chip by mihnea,PKM short IM, forge dump valve, 3" custom stainless exhaust, 18"X8" Porsche 996 rims, conti contact 245/35 Front 225/40 Rear, QR sport top mount, Powerflex bushes, aloy sub frame bushes, neuspeed 19mm RARB,Hard tranny mount, V8 torsen on RS2

Comment

hi y'all

The reason why the shaft is so thick in a Bilstein Sport/HD shock is because the shock actually works backwards. i.e. the thick shaft is the cylinder, and the piston is inside the shock and being pushed on when the shock is compressed, as opposed to the shaft being a piston and the shock's body being the cylinder on a "normal" shock. However, Bilstein HD/Sport shocks are awesome, I can't wait to get a set for my S4!!!

Cheers,

Mihnea
        '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
        info@MRCTuning.com
        Workshop Directions

Comment

how much am i looking at for a set for my s2 aby ?
          ABY Coupe
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mihnea
            hi y'all

The reason why the shaft is so thick in a Bilstein Sport/HD shock is because the shock actually works backwards. i.e. the thick shaft is the cylinder, and the piston is inside the shock and being pushed on when the shock is compressed, as opposed to the shaft being a piston and the shock's body being the cylinder on a "normal" shock. However, Bilstein HD/Sport shocks are awesome, I can't wait to get a set for my S4!!!

Cheers,

Mihnea
            What are the main difference with the Koni Sport Shocks, some of us are using?
            94' RS2 Coupe TT (Twin Torsen )

Comment

Yes Mihnea totaly agree with you bilstein upside down mode is to remove side flex like on STI and EVO's OE and most of the good coilover.

The spanish main diference is that Koni are softer than boge OE RS2 (boge) in compression and stiffer in rebound (you can also adjust the rebound stiffness) so your car will feel more confortable and more rebound control but will still take a lot off boDy roll unless you go for stiffer springs.

Bilstein more stiff in compression and rebound than OE RS2 (boge)so not realy needed to go for H&R springs exepet if you only push your car on very smooth surface and want to have a lower center weight point.But if you want to keep long supension travel with minimum body roll you don't need just add big back BAR

Should be stiffer on side flex so will keep your alignement setting closer to the static setting.
              RS2 chip by mihnea,PKM short IM, forge dump valve, 3" custom stainless exhaust, 18"X8" Porsche 996 rims, conti contact 245/35 Front 225/40 Rear, QR sport top mount, Powerflex bushes, aloy sub frame bushes, neuspeed 19mm RARB,Hard tranny mount, V8 torsen on RS2

Comment

Originally posted by maRS2
                Yes Mihnea totaly agree with you bilstein upside down mode is to remove side flex like on STI and EVO's OE and most of the good coilover.

The spanish main diference is that Koni are softer than boge OE RS2 (boge) in compression and stiffer in rebound (you can also adjust the rebound stiffness) so your car will feel more confortable and more rebound control but will still take a lot off boDy roll unless you go for stiffer springs.

Bilstein more stiff in compression and rebound than OE RS2 (boge)so not realy needed to go for H&R springs exepet if you only push your car on very smooth surface and want to have a lower center weight point.But if you want to keep long supension travel with minimum body roll you don't need just add big back BAR

Should be stiffer on side flex so will keep your alignement setting closer to the static setting.
                I am currently running the OE RS2 front setup on my Coupe, and Koni on the rears, was thinking of updtating front (rear much less weight so Koni should work fine for now) wich part number from Blistein for the fronts?

Comment

Koni are to soft on compression (going down). if you want good compression behaviour with koni you have to fit them with H&R spring.
                  Bilstein are gas shock absorber stifest in compression available for S2

QRSport top mount look on group buy or down here under " top mount where to buy"

S2 avant:
                  front part number F4-PE3-3086-H0
                  Back part number F4-BE3-6212-H1

Did you send me the subframe alloy bushes didn't get anything yet

fabien
                  This is the part number for the front?

Comment

Which one of this is better for ABY Coupe?
                    They are all listed under Coupe S2 169Kw = ABY

BILSTEIN
                    001788 BILSTEIN - B6 SPORT
                    Gas Pressure
                    axle strut housing with external thread M52x1,5

BILSTEIN
                    001789 BILSTEIN - B6 SPORT
                    Gas Pressure
                    axle strut housing with external thread M55x1,5

BILSTEIN
                    002696 BILSTEIN - B8 SPRINT
                    Gas Pressure

http://katalog.bilstein.de/
                    Last edited by The Spanish; 4 February 2005, 10:32.

Comment

You have to mesure on your mac Pherson if the thread is 55 or 52 mm and sprint are for lowered springs

Comment

You have to mesure on your mac Pherson if the thread is 55 or 52 mm and sprint are for lowered springs
                        Sorry for my ignorance
                        Where do I have to measure? I think you are talking about the diameter of the nut on top of the suspension strut the one you can see when you lift the bonnet, am I correct?

I bought a complete strut from and RS2 (Strut tower, shock and spring) an this is what I am using.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by The Spanish; 4 February 2005, 10:52.

Comment

S2 coupe is always 55

And not that one, but the "cap" that tightens the shock in the strut.
                          -

Comment

Originally posted by porkkis
                            S2 coupe is always 55

And not that one, but the "cap" that tightens the shock in the strut.
                            Thanks

Comment

Bilstein Sport Front Shock?

Originally posted by The Spanish
                              Which one of this is better for ABY Coupe?
                              They are all listed under Coupe S2 169Kw = ABY

BILSTEIN
                              001788 BILSTEIN - B6 SPORT
                              Gas Pressure

BILSTEIN
                              001789 BILSTEIN - B6 SPORT
                              Gas Pressure
                              axle strut housing with external thread M55x1,5

BILSTEIN
                              002696 BILSTEIN - B8 SPRINT
                              Gas Pressure
                              So is there a front sport shock available for the s2? I have a set of B4 front struts which measure 55x1.5 to use on my USA coupe. My intention is to use these as part of a coil over conversion and I was wanting to use the Bilstein Sport insert. Does Bilstein have an application for this strut?
                              http://katalog.bilstein.de/
                              "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Originally posted by TECH48
                                So is there a front sport shock available for the s2? I have a set of B4 front struts which measure 55x1.5 to use on my USA coupe. My intention is to use these as part of a coil over conversion and I was wanting to use the Bilstein Sport insert. Does Bilstein have an application for this strut?

Yes, that should be the 55mm version of the B6 sport.

But if you want to lower the car you should use B8 sprint and it only appears in 52mm so

Maybe someone else can clarify this

Comment

Working...
                                X