No announcement yet.

Carbondesign RS2 lower door trims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• following on from JonRS2 post of parts required to replace lower door mouldings, does anyone know the part numbers for the metal strips to secure the mouldings (or do they come as an integral part of the covers). On my RS2 there are signs that the existing mouldings have a rubber or foam backing. Is this present on OEM parts or maybe is aftermarket fitted by a previous owner.?
    Cheers
    Don
    ---------------------
    Everything in perfect working order

Comment

• The metal strips come with the mouldings as one part

Comment

• Hi,

My RS2 is missing lower door trim from the front door (drivers side LHD).
        Audi tradition have them stock but i'm not sure what part i should order?
        Is this the part that i need? Anything else to mount this?
        1 x COVER 172,55 EUR
        Article number: 8A0853959A GRU
        Order number: 8A0853959A GRU

Thank you for the help.

Comment

• Since this thread has become the go-to place for info on the lower trims, here's my fix:

A bit of stainless sheet bent in a steel brake and glued in with a suitable flexible adhesive. Fits like a charm, and there's no gap between the door and the trim piece.

Not much left of the original steel:

New steel fitted:

Comment

• Hi is carbon designs still making stuff for RS2?

Comment

• Yea I just ordered some sills for my s2.
              1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

• can you tell me how to contact carbon designs because I am a newbie I am locked out of making any contact is there an email?

Comment

• Originally posted by joss01 View Post
                  can you tell me how to contact carbon designs because I am a newbie I am locked out of making any contact is there an email?
                  facebook

Comment

• If anyone can supply me with sample pieces in decent shape I can make some identical replacement RS2 lower trims
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Every time I open face book it will not allow me access due to being new on the forum any other ways of contacting carbon designs

Comment

• I can loan you a piece of the lower door trim while new metal strips are being made for them

Comment

• Originally posted by joss01 View Post
                          I can loan you a piece of the lower door trim while new metal strips are being made for them
                          Where are you having the metal strips made from ?

Comment

• If any of these are ever made I'm interested.
                            I have a rear right side new Alex which I can lend

Comment

• I have a friend who is a steel fabricator making them up using the original metal work as a template if they work I will put you on to him

Comment

• Cheers Vas, that would be great. TBH I won’t trouble you yet unless I can get hold of all of them.
                                I need ideally perfect original parts to take patterns from - anything I make will be a 99.8% visual replica therefore any imperfections will be replicated also. Inserts would be stainless steel. It’s possible to repair some small cosmetic defects but that is all - the shape must be as new
                                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X