No announcement yet.

Carbondesign RS2 lower door trims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add me to the list for a paintable kit to my B4 sedan! Also interested if anyone have the upper list on the doors and the fenders from S2/RS2. Thanks in advance!
    1000HP RS2 SEDAN project!
    Follow this at 07K Motorsport

-JONUS RACING-

Comment

• What trim "list" is it you meen? The thinner one that sits in the groove on the middle of the door?
      Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more picĀ“s of my cars

Comment

• Sign me up too!
        I would like to have paintable lists for my B4 Avant

Comment

• Guys, please check some post earlyer. There is no list. The lower door trims will not be finished.
          --------------------------------------------------------
          Real carbon parts for S2 and RS2. Check Carbondesign on facebook

Comment

• OMG! That could have gone better.

Yes I took my time, yes I warmed them up and yes I really F*!%ed this one up but on the bright side I did manage to get the metal strip out .

Paul I take my hat of to you mate for getting the metal strips out in one piece mine where well and truly stuck/bonded to each other

This is how mine ended up
            Attached Files

Comment

• Given the amount of interest & customer demand on here for these RS2 door trims, has anyone got a sensible response from Audi Tradition as "IF" they intend to supply these RS2 Door trims again & when .. then we can all save up our big bucks to buy them as this appears to be the only solution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Polarsilver View Post
                Given the amount of interest & customer demand on here for these RS2 door trims, has anyone got a sensible response from Audi Tradition as "IF" they intend to supply these RS2 Door trims again & when .. then we can all save up our big bucks to buy them as this appears to be the only solution.
                Totally agree

Comment

• Holy crap
                  I removed the remains of the rusty strip fairly easily, I done this by first zipping along the bottom corner through any remaining metal wit a dremel with a metal cutting disk and then just peeled the metal off the rest of the trim, sides came off easily
                  With a new one it just peeled off and I still have the metal strip ... somewhere in the garage. One thing I did notice when fitting the new strips is that they are a tight fit which is possibly the additional layers of paint as paint was only flatted down to the primer but I put additional layer over that so the new clips were tight to fit also

The RS2 clips are still available which surprised me

Just how Audi would manage to do a timing belt service now beats me, Belt, water pump and idler all NLA

PM me if you want to know more

Cheers Paul
                  1995 RS2 Nogaro
                  1971 Lotus Elan Sprint
                  1974 Lotus Elan+2S 130/5

Comment

• Ouch!

I'm resigned to trying to rescue mine and Paul has been very helpful

My metal strips were properly rusted one side, I was scraping them out - nothing much resembling a steel strip at all.

The other side it was a little delicate and took ages, had to get a scraper under them at points, have to say yours seemed to have alot of bonding there. Someone must have been a bit heavy handed when applying it to yours.

The next challenge is fitting new metal strips...
                    AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

• Now "In Stock" at Audi Tradition. No idea how many sets or for how long. The prices look similar in Euros to what they were when last "In Stock". Are any other parts required to replace RS2 Lower Door Trims (other than the 8 part numbers mentioned below and 26 plastic clips which can be obtained from Audi in the UK)?

Products

1 x COVER 172,55 EUR
                      Article number: 8A0853959A GRU
                      Order number: 8A0853959A GRU

1 x COVER 172,55 EUR
                      Article number: 8A0853960A GRU
                      Order number: 8A0853960A GRU

1 x COVER 124,36 EUR
                      Article number: 8A0853969A GRU
                      Order number: 8A0853969A GRU

1 x COVER 124,36 EUR
                      Article number: 8A0853970A GRU
                      Order number: 8A0853970A GRU

1 x LINING 49,03 EUR
                      Article number: 8A0853507D GRU
                      Order number: 8A0853507D GRU

1 x LINING 49,03 EUR
                      Article number: 8A0853508D GRU
                      Order number: 8A0853508D GRU

1 x COVER 58,43 EUR
                      Article number: 8A0853509 GRU
                      Order number: 8A0853509 GRU

1 x COVER 58,43 EUR
                      Article number: 8A0853510 GRU
                      Order number: 8A0853510 GRU

Total:
                      Sub-Total (net): 679,60 EUR
                      Discount 0,00 EUR
                      Shipping (net): 24,29 EUR
                      VAT 19.00 % 133,74 EUR
                      Total: 837,63 EUR

Comment

• Having trawled through 18 pages of posts/replies I guess the lower mouldings are still like hens teeth. Took my RS2 to my local bodyshop guy for a quote for some other issues today. I did ask him if the originals could be salvaged, as they are not damaged - just starting to become detached due to the fixing corrosion problem, but he said that once the moulding starts to warp it is a nightmare to get it back into position to give a good finish. Could spend lots of manhours on it and end result could not be guaranteed.

However he reckons that he could make paintable mouldings from solid fibre glass relatively easily. Bearing in mind the effort that has gone into manufacture of these items by others over the past few years without success I am wondering if it is that simple.. so would value any comments from anyone with experience before I decide to ask the guy to proceed.
                        Cheers
                        Don
                        ---------------------
                        Everything in perfect working order

Comment

• Hi Don,

Audi Tradition have them back in stock I ordered a brand new set about 2 weeks ago and they arrived on Monday of this week, absolutely brand spanking new either Audi have had some new ones made or where just keeping hold off these.

Hope you get sorted mate

John

Comment

• I had a set for my customer last year from audi tradition, for some reason the white primer they come in is not flexible so I had to flake the factory primer off and start again adding flex additive into the products being applied. So anyone who buys some please do this

Comment

• I'd be interested in a more robust set as even the new ones have multiple issues with properly painting them. The elasticity they have makes it hard to keep.the paint on for long without cracking

Comment

• Found this also, flatted back primer, used adhesion promoter, flex additive in primer and clearcoat, now not an issue, same paint process as squashy pu deformable bumpers and spoilers
                                1995 RS2 Nogaro
                                1971 Lotus Elan Sprint
                                1974 Lotus Elan+2S 130/5

Comment

Working...
                                X