Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joss01
    replied
    can you tell me how to contact carbon designs because I am a newbie I am locked out of making any contact is there an email?

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    Yea I just ordered some sills for my s2.

Leave a comment:

• joss01
    replied
    Hi is carbon designs still making stuff for RS2?

Leave a comment:

• afen
    replied
    Since this thread has become the go-to place for info on the lower trims, here's my fix:

A bit of stainless sheet bent in a steel brake and glued in with a suitable flexible adhesive. Fits like a charm, and there's no gap between the door and the trim piece.

Not much left of the original steel:

New steel fitted:

Leave a comment:

• Rs2Shrimp
    replied
    Hi,

My RS2 is missing lower door trim from the front door (drivers side LHD).
    Audi tradition have them stock but i'm not sure what part i should order?
    Is this the part that i need? Anything else to mount this?
    1 x COVER 172,55 EUR
    Article number: 8A0853959A GRU
    Order number: 8A0853959A GRU

Thank you for the help.

Leave a comment:

• A80Avant
    replied
    The metal strips come with the mouldings as one part

Leave a comment:

• Don
    replied
    following on from JonRS2 post of parts required to replace lower door mouldings, does anyone know the part numbers for the metal strips to secure the mouldings (or do they come as an integral part of the covers). On my RS2 there are signs that the existing mouldings have a rubber or foam backing. Is this present on OEM parts or maybe is aftermarket fitted by a previous owner.?

Leave a comment:

• PaulJ
    replied
    Found this also, flatted back primer, used adhesion promoter, flex additive in primer and clearcoat, now not an issue, same paint process as squashy pu deformable bumpers and spoilers

Leave a comment:

• A80Avant
    replied
    I'd be interested in a more robust set as even the new ones have multiple issues with properly painting them. The elasticity they have makes it hard to keep.the paint on for long without cracking

Leave a comment:

• kulster
    replied
    I had a set for my customer last year from audi tradition, for some reason the white primer they come in is not flexible so I had to flake the factory primer off and start again adding flex additive into the products being applied. So anyone who buys some please do this

Leave a comment:

• johnboy 3169
    replied
    Hi Don,

Audi Tradition have them back in stock I ordered a brand new set about 2 weeks ago and they arrived on Monday of this week, absolutely brand spanking new either Audi have had some new ones made or where just keeping hold off these.

Hope you get sorted mate

John

Leave a comment:

• Don
    replied
    Having trawled through 18 pages of posts/replies I guess the lower mouldings are still like hens teeth. Took my RS2 to my local bodyshop guy for a quote for some other issues today. I did ask him if the originals could be salvaged, as they are not damaged - just starting to become detached due to the fixing corrosion problem, but he said that once the moulding starts to warp it is a nightmare to get it back into position to give a good finish. Could spend lots of manhours on it and end result could not be guaranteed.

However he reckons that he could make paintable mouldings from solid fibre glass relatively easily. Bearing in mind the effort that has gone into manufacture of these items by others over the past few years without success I am wondering if it is that simple.. so would value any comments from anyone with experience before I decide to ask the guy to proceed.

Leave a comment:

• JonRS2
    replied
    Now "In Stock" at Audi Tradition. No idea how many sets or for how long. The prices look similar in Euros to what they were when last "In Stock". Are any other parts required to replace RS2 Lower Door Trims (other than the 8 part numbers mentioned below and 26 plastic clips which can be obtained from Audi in the UK)?

Products

1 x COVER 172,55 EUR
    Article number: 8A0853959A GRU
    Order number: 8A0853959A GRU

1 x COVER 172,55 EUR
    Article number: 8A0853960A GRU
    Order number: 8A0853960A GRU

1 x COVER 124,36 EUR
    Article number: 8A0853969A GRU
    Order number: 8A0853969A GRU

1 x COVER 124,36 EUR
    Article number: 8A0853970A GRU
    Order number: 8A0853970A GRU

1 x LINING 49,03 EUR
    Article number: 8A0853507D GRU
    Order number: 8A0853507D GRU

1 x LINING 49,03 EUR
    Article number: 8A0853508D GRU
    Order number: 8A0853508D GRU

1 x COVER 58,43 EUR
    Article number: 8A0853509 GRU
    Order number: 8A0853509 GRU

1 x COVER 58,43 EUR
    Article number: 8A0853510 GRU
    Order number: 8A0853510 GRU

Total:
    Sub-Total (net): 679,60 EUR
    Discount 0,00 EUR
    Shipping (net): 24,29 EUR
    VAT 19.00 % 133,74 EUR
    Total: 837,63 EUR

Leave a comment:

• Ross
    replied
    Ouch!

I'm resigned to trying to rescue mine and Paul has been very helpful

My metal strips were properly rusted one side, I was scraping them out - nothing much resembling a steel strip at all.

The other side it was a little delicate and took ages, had to get a scraper under them at points, have to say yours seemed to have alot of bonding there. Someone must have been a bit heavy handed when applying it to yours.

The next challenge is fitting new metal strips...

Leave a comment:

• PaulJ
    replied
    Holy crap
    I removed the remains of the rusty strip fairly easily, I done this by first zipping along the bottom corner through any remaining metal wit a dremel with a metal cutting disk and then just peeled the metal off the rest of the trim, sides came off easily
    With a new one it just peeled off and I still have the metal strip ... somewhere in the garage. One thing I did notice when fitting the new strips is that they are a tight fit which is possibly the additional layers of paint as paint was only flatted down to the primer but I put additional layer over that so the new clips were tight to fit also

The RS2 clips are still available which surprised me

Just how Audi would manage to do a timing belt service now beats me, Belt, water pump and idler all NLA

PM me if you want to know more

Cheers Paul

Leave a comment:

Working...
X