X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunspec1
    replied
    Originally posted by Polarsilver View Post
    Given the amount of interest & customer demand on here for these RS2 door trims, has anyone got a sensible response from Audi Tradition as "IF" they intend to supply these RS2 Door trims again & when .. then we can all save up our big bucks to buy them as this appears to be the only solution.
    Totally agree

Leave a comment:

• Polarsilver
    replied
    Given the amount of interest & customer demand on here for these RS2 door trims, has anyone got a sensible response from Audi Tradition as "IF" they intend to supply these RS2 Door trims again & when .. then we can all save up our big bucks to buy them as this appears to be the only solution.

Leave a comment:

• johnboy 3169
    replied
    OMG! That could have gone better.

Yes I took my time, yes I warmed them up and yes I really F*!%ed this one up but on the bright side I did manage to get the metal strip out .

Paul I take my hat of to you mate for getting the metal strips out in one piece mine where well and truly stuck/bonded to each other

This is how mine ended up
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• aronmatic2
    replied
    Guys, please check some post earlyer. There is no list. The lower door trims will not be finished.

Leave a comment:

• Sunspec1
    replied
    Sign me up too!
    I would like to have paintable lists for my B4 Avant

Leave a comment:

• fish
    replied
    What trim "list" is it you meen? The thinner one that sits in the groove on the middle of the door?

Leave a comment:

• helvetesmaskinen
    replied
    Add me to the list for a paintable kit to my B4 sedan! Also interested if anyone have the upper list on the doors and the fenders from S2/RS2. Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• PaulJ
    replied
    Hi Ross, send me a pm with your number and I'll give you a call, Paul

Leave a comment:

• Ross
    replied
    Thanks Paul

Well this gave me the motivation to touch my RS2 for the first time in over a year! I removed all the trims for assessment. They are pretty bad... one was already hanging off so I knew that!

The metal is fully corroded, unfortunately a few bits of the rubber have split as a result of the expansion. But I think they may be salvageable. The difficulty would be what can be used to repair a couple of scratches, and then painted.

I did check with Audi and as confirmed no stock for any part numbers. What's worrying is I can no longer find the front door trims on Audi Tradition, so a refurb may be the only option! I had hoped to get some new ones to compare.

If you can take some measurements that would be great, as I no longer have any original c-channel left on mine. I'll look forward to seeing how you get on with fitting, if the job is a right mare and the fab shop wouldn't take on any more, at least it'll give the confidence to find somewhere to replicate it.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Polarsilver
    replied
    Paul, if do you decide to go ahead with suppling stainless channels for the RS2 owner.. please put me down as wanting a full set .. i would be please to supply you the money upfront.
    Norman.

Leave a comment:

• PaulJ
    replied
    I would like to get mine fitted to the car before offering to go back to the guy and get prices to make these for others, I hope that's ok with you http://www.s2forum.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Leave a comment:

• PaulJ
    replied
    HI Ross
    I managed to get 3 new trims some years ago, only the Drivers rear was NLA, this prompted me to look at an alternative for that door so whilst I was there I got enough made to do the whole car as we all know its a matter of time, A new one was available on a site in Germany, not Audi tradition though

What it cost me to do was £40 to get a full set of strips made from 316 stainless plus £10 for a tube of Sika carobond. He did say it was a pain to do as they could only be bent up at either side on the press break and then folded over by hand using a bar as a former and passed through a roller

The drivers side of mine has the new stainless strips bonded in front and back. I had to remove the mild steel strip from a new drivers door trim as it had started to come away but done my old one as well as the drivers door is the one that inevitably get clouted first, the eagle eyed would have noticed 5 in the pic, Could not believe that there were 34 parts plus the shell which needed painted in body colour, no wonder a respray costs a fortune !!

I can measure up and do a quick drawing of the original new channel that I have that came out one of the drivers door ones and people can use that to get ones made. Unfortunately at the moment I don't have time to do this for others as my car still needs finished but more than willing to help with advice etc,

What I did find though was that Audi do not paint their new trims with the correct primer, stightest twist or bend and the primer cracks so when I repainted them and all the other plastic parts I used plastic adhesion promoter and plasticised primer and clearcoat, basecoat is fine as its so thin,

cheers Paul

Leave a comment:

• Ross
    replied
    Paul, do you have any specs and costing on this?

I'd be interested in getting a few sets made and posted to me, whether you're willing to be party to that, or help out? Or with a spec I could speak to a fab shop and see if they can replicate it, and make up a batch if others want any, may bring the cost down.

If you want to start a refurb service on these I think I'd be up for that too

My set are literally falling off the car and it's a good time for me to strip them off and start prepping.

Cheers
    Ross

Leave a comment:

• A80Avant
    replied
    Maybe then even easier to just reproduce SS channels

Leave a comment:

• aronmatic2
    replied
    Originally posted by PaulJ View Post
    so the new stainless channels were now added, hopefully this will give you an idea of what they look like, rusty strips just pulled out without much effort, rust cleaned up easily and sanded clean, When the trims are on the car and rusty they kind of distort with the rust but once clean sit on top of a radiator in the house (no wife so I get away with it :-) ) they come back into shape, Last pic all painted and waiting to go back on
    Paul
    Good job Paul. Looks new.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X