No announcement yet.

my new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nope the turbo isnt glowing anymore. In the beginning when I shut off the engine the ven was allways blowing for a very long time. Now after a ride the ven isnt blowing, during a ride the water temp. isnt rising above 80 degrees, also the oil temp. istn rising aboven 80.

When the hose was still attached to the wastegate my pressure gauge meassured 0,8 bar. Now that I changed the hose to the dumbvalve I only have 0,65 bar.

Is it possible that the spring in the wastegate is to soft.
    Getting everything sorted out for my 5++ hp project

Comment

Glad to hear it's sorted.

As for the low boost, it's unlikely that the wastegate spring is to soft. As martin said it's more than likely a boost leak somewhere. They can be a real nightmare to find but you'll have to check all the vacuum pipes and the main boost pipes for any leaks.

It would be best to change all the vacuum hoses anyway as they go brittle with old age.

Ben
      the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
      1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Dont worry about the wastegate spring, the ecu does the job of controlling the wastegate. Keep checking hoses, try and do a pressure test on the inlet path.

Originally posted by Erikb

The turbo pressure goes to 0,65, I thought it has to be 0,8. Can it be that my wastegate spring is to soft?. When I hit full throttle the turbo pressure goes immediately to 0,5 bar, then it goes gently to 0,65 bar. Not at once.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

Oh yes, check your WGFV is connected (WasteGate Frequency Valve) and operating correctly, they can get gummed up. Not too expensive to replace but tricky to get at.. You can take it off and wash it out with WD40 whist clicking it on and off with a battery.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

Ok thanks for the tips. But does the turbo has to go from 0,5 to 0,8 in a second.

Comment

I also tried to read out the computer by using a led, but it is not working for me. I tried several small 12v lamps but they dont blink, even when I put the connector in the black connector.

Comment

Originally posted by Erikb
                I also tried to read out the computer by using a led, but it is not working for me. I tried several small 12v lamps but they dont blink, even when I put the connector in the black connector.
                Did done the computer check, it only gives one faultcode. It is the 2111, i looked at file on www.s2central.com. But it is not yet clear to me what I have to do. Where can I find the engine speed sensor, maybe I have to clean it or renew it.

Thanks

Comment

Erik, did you check the codes with the engine off? if so then it will show this code, basically saying the engine is not running.
                  try it with the engine running.

martin

Comment

I only put the key in the contact, didnt start the engine. I will start the engine and try it again.

Thanks Martin

Comment

Working...
                    X