No announcement yet.

Nightmare S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love people who just get stuck right into something (no man love intended) What an epic amount of work in a tiny amount of time!

Comment

And for tonight's instalment....

All the heatshields except for the one that covers the prop have now all found their way to the bin as they were scruffy and just harbouring crud and rust.

The brake pipe has now been re-routed to the drivers side.

And the fuel lines are now fully fixed down the passenger side.

The back end is now fully completed with all the interior and exterior pieces refitted, taking the opportunity to fit my full red USA spec rear lights all sealed in with genuine Dum Dum which is supposed to be amazing stuff to keep out water and last for years....

I just need to find some green indicator bulbs as the ones I have painted green will do for now but are not ideal...
      Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tonks4x4 View Post
        I just need to find some green indicator bulbs as the ones I have painted green will do for now but are not ideal...
        quality street wrapper?...

Comment

Getting tedious now!!!!

I noticed there were some old braided vac lines at the back of the inlet manifold that was in a bad state so decided it was time to refresh these with silicone.
          I have got rid of the pipework to the vacuum canister for the fresh air flap on the aircon.

Managed to remove all of the vacuum pipes in just a few minutes with exception of the one that goes onto the bottom of the fuel pressure regulator as the jubilee clip was again rusted beyond repair.

So off with the fuel pressure regulator and decided while it was off I may aswel upgrade to a 4.0 bar 7A version I had in my stock pile instead of the standard 3.0 Bar 3B one.

After swapping the brackets and pipework round I came to fit the regulator back on and noticed the worse looking knock sensor I have ever seen!!!!!

God knows how they have effected running but they were in shocking condition. So several hours of faffing about managed to fit on a couple of replacement knock sensors and torqued them up.

Refitted the fuel pressure regulator and sorted out replacing the rest of the vacuum lines.

So this left me to re tighten the rear half shaft bolts as a few had worked loose and to bleed the rear brakes.

All this done just leaves the exhaust to do....

Managed to get a 3" Stainless downpipe from Nip and he has arranged for it to be delivered tomorrow.

The downpipe needs modification but will be good once it's done, and EuropeanMe has arranged to bring up a couple of 3" V bands so I can make the rest of the exhaust.

Hopefully I will be able to go out in it at the weekend.... And even more hopeful I will have cured my intermittent hesitation/missfire fingers crossed!
          Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Awesome knock sensors

How will you remap for the 4 bar fuel reg? Or do you have chips for it?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

I believe the chips that are in are supposed to be running with a 4 bar pressure reg, so will see once its on the road again.

Thanks to Nip for getting an old 3" Downpipe to me. It's not the prettiest but wanted it for parts.

Unfortunately it does not clear the gearbox and it does not have room for the flexi to the wastgate so after some chopping and a left over bit from EuropeanMe's exhaust before his upgrade to his bigger turbo.

I managed to cobble together this

Just need Mike to drop off the v bands and I can continue to the rear of the car
              Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Looking good!

Make sure its done in 2 weeks! Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                  Looking good!

Make sure its done in 2 weeks! Hahaha
                  I want to drive it Saturday

However it might be a straight through exhaust
                  Audi Nut!!!

Comment

I want to drive it Saturday

However it might be a straight through exhaust
                    judging by those pictures your done then..what else is left to do!?..

Comment

Just need Mike to drop off the v bands and I can continue to the rear of the car
                      duly noted boss...

Comment

Originally posted by europeanme View Post
                        judging by those pictures your done then..what else is left to do!?..
                        I need the V Band to weld to the downpipe, then fit the downpipe and make the rest of the exhaust

Then for this stage I'm done
                        Audi Nut!!!

Comment

I need the V Band to weld to the downpipe, then fit the downpipe and make the rest of the exhaust

Then for this stage I'm done
                          I mean you've got a piece coming out of the DP, so what else is needed...

about 4pm at yours....and don't forget my chores for next week....

Comment

Hey Brian
                            Explain little bit about fuel pump relay?
                            More power to it??
                            Does ABY has one to in the back?
                            Need to check that hmmmm
                            Don't remember seeing one during rebuild
                            I might call you tomorow as I have bit of a problem
                            and Kev suggested to have chat with you
                            Danny
                            www.dnaautocare.co.uk

Comment

Hat off to you Brian! Thats some dedicated restoration work.
                              The outcome looks excellent as to be expected.
                              Cant believe the knock sensors let you drive the car with out killing the boost!
                              91 S2 coupé - RIP
                              98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Originally posted by DNA-S2 View Post
                                Hey Brian
                                Explain little bit about fuel pump relay?
                                More power to it??
                                Does ABY has one to in the back?
                                Need to check that hmmmm
                                Don't remember seeing one during rebuild
                                I might call you tomorow as I have bit of a problem
                                and Kev suggested to have chat with you
                                Its to avoid voltage loss through the run of wire from battery to fusebox and all the way back to the tank.

Relay is fed with low resistance high amperage wire from battery under the rear seat, and use the original fuel pump positive as the relay trigger.

The pump sees slightly more voltage and therefore pump performs slightly better.

None of the S2's have them as standard its a modification that has been around on the forum for a long time, just never got round to doing it until now.

Feel free to call 01623 452885
                                Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X