ABT 2.5 20v Coupe Quattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABT 2.5 20v Coupe Quattro

Does enybody have information about 2.5l 20v ABT tuned Audi Cooupe Quattro? Pictures spec anything? Heard that they built 700 from factory?
    1990 2.2 20VT Audi Coupe Quattro
    *Hx35/k26, MaxxECU, Wagner EM/IC *RS2 Recaro *4pot-Brembo *3" turboback *Treser *Koni/H&R
    1990 Audi 200 20v Avant 2.2 20VT *7 Seater *Full electric gizmos

Originally posted by Kiku View Post
    Does enybody have information about 2.5l 20v ABT tuned Audi Cooupe Quattro? Pictures spec anything? Heard that they built 700 from factory?
    What? I have never heard of such a thing
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

This thing.

http://www.audicoupetyp89.de/jpeg/Pr...T_C5_page1.jpg
      http://www.audicoupetyp89.de/jpeg/Pr...T_C5_page2.jpg
      http://www.audicoupetyp89.de/jpeg/Pr...T_C5_page3.jpg

"Vom allseites bekannten Tuner ABT gab es 1990 eine überarbeitetes 20V Coupe mit 2,5Liter, auch unter ABT C5 bekannt. Auffällig waren die Verbreiterungen an den Radläufen die ein wenig an den Urquattro errinnerten. Näheres siehe unter Prospekte.

Wie beim V8 war das Coupe auch als Classic Line Lieferbar, obwohl dies damals bereits eine horenden Aufpreis von 25000DM kostete. Leider sind mir bis dato noch keine wirklichen CL Coupes zu Gesicht bekommen..."

Google Translate:

"From allseites known tuner ABT 1990, there were a revised 20V Coupe with 2.5-liter, also under ABT C5 known. Striking the widened further details were the errinnerten to the wheel arches a little to the original quattro., Refer to brochures.

As with the V8 coupe was also available as a Classic Line, although this time already cost a horenden charge of 25000DM. Unfortunately, I have to date still no real CL coupes get to see ... "

Source:http://www.audicoupetyp89.de/
      *Hx35/k26, MaxxECU, Wagner EM/IC *RS2 Recaro *4pot-Brembo *3" turboback *Treser *Koni/H&R

Comment

oh its the one with the rare crank... wanna sell it ?
        its so rare that nobody hear of it!

Comment

There is information on the forum about the ABT C5, there are around 11 cars in existence that are known to forum members IIRC. Possibly some more in storage & private collections, but they are extremely rare. There are more watertight coupes on the forum than C5s I think.
          There are a couple of owners here - Zlobo & Henkjan
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Well there is a slight hope that i will get a look at the car tomorrow. A guy called me today and asked me about that engine that is it possible there are something like that built from factory and i had read about it from that same page so i answered him positively. Car was imported to Estonia about 10 years ago if i understood him correctly and a it came here with its owner from Germany who bought it from there but came to live in Estonia and brought the car with him. Car had widebody like "UR-Quattro" and did have very wide wheels sayd the dude on the phone. Dont know i hope its the ONE, then i can have the body and the chap himself wants the engine. Will see i keep you posted about more inf. Only thing is that i realy would like some engine spec's or smth of the car if a remember correctly i have read that it had about ~140kw....

Comment

I'll look through some of my brochures(prospekts) but it will be tomorrow Im at work.
              Cheers mis amigos,
              _Anton

Comment

by the way

http://angebote.autoscout24.de/Audi-...-Rot-237013474
                Cheers mis amigos,
                _Anton

Comment

Originally posted by rs2coupe View Post
                  But it has a 2.3 engine... not 2.5...

Comment

Originally posted by bartolomeus View Post
                    But it has a 2.3 engine... not 2.5...
                    How can you tell?

The 90 Series Coupe Quattro was the replacement of the UrQuattro in 1988. Many deemed it less worthy for various reasons, mainly due to the first 2 years coming with a high output inline 5 without a turbo. The famous tuning firm Abt decided it would have a go at its shortcomings. They developed the C5 Coupe. Basically the 2.3 inline 5 was bored and stroked to produce 190-200hp up from 170 with exhaust mods. The body kit was fairly extensive: Front and Rear bumpers, rear wing augmentation, side skirts, body color panel between the headlights, fender flares (to emulate the Urq with a bit more aggression) and bits to remove the door trim. Despite several Abt representatives in the USA, none of the pieces of this kit made it to the US opr UK. In fact the number of 1st gen C5s and 2nd (based on S2) numbers under 40

In 1991 the Coupe Quattro became the S2. The first S line car to be officially called an S. The shortened racing form of the urQuattro was known as the S1. The 2nd gen of the C5 Coupe offered chiptuning of the turbo 5 at 262 hk, the same body kit, with a modified front bumper to accommodate the new S2 hood and intercooler.
                    1995 1PissedOff90sigpic1991 USDM CQ 7aT

Comment

Originally posted by Mcstiff View Post
                      How can you tell?
                      Well that is how the seller advertises the car...

125 kW (170 PS)
                      Hubraum:2309 cm³

Maybe he didn't fill in the info right .

Comment

Sure, we can rely on the seller to know what they have but I was hoping you knew of a way to tell if it was the C5 2.5 vs the 2.3 7a. I've never seen a pic of the ABT C5 engine, but a friend of mine has a 2.5L CQ and the engine looks unremarkable, but cleaner than this C5:

Comment

Originally posted by Mcstiff View Post
                          Sure, we can rely on the seller to know what they have but I was hoping you knew of a way to tell if it was the C5 2.5 vs the 2.3 7a. I've never seen a pic of the ABT C5 engine, but a friend of mine has a 2.5L CQ and the engine looks unremarkable, but cleaner than this C5:

But is your friends 2.5 factory? Or did he replace engine increase displacement?
                          Cheers mis amigos,
                          _Anton

Comment

It's a eurospecsport.com "2.6" shortblock http://www.motorgeek.com/viewtopic.php?t=4538

Comment

Ahh interesting, do they still sell those?

A while ago some fellow was selling 7a Abt crank and cams on ebay.de

Im fairly certain the original motor was 2.5 from Abt for 7a modded motors and later tuned 3b ABY chipsets
                              Cheers mis amigos,
                              _Anton

Comment

Working...
                              X