Idle races on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle races on

Hi guys. Can anyone help with this. Came home the other day and my quaatro was holding its revs. Sat at the ligthts and the cars still reving at 2500! Got it home took the idle control valve off took it apart and soaked it in a bath of parts cleaner overnight. Cleaned it all off put it back together fitted back on the car and the bloody thing is racing on even more. Disconnect it and the idle is back to where it should be, put it back on and back to racing. Anyone help with this give me some tips checked all electrics and everthing is fine there checked all hoses for any splits and they are all good too.any help would be most welcome . Thanks

Check the idle switch in the throttle body is closing.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks mate. How do I go about that please. What am I looking for, Where abouts. Pritty new at this thats all, use to cars putting the key in starts and runs

Comment

Best get used to putting key in and having a few nightmares then back of the throttle body is a little black box that is the switch that should be clicking off when on idleAs you move the throttle back and forth from its stop point you should hear a small click when it is completely off
        Last edited by Rikki Kitto; 17 May 2018, 13:58.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

7A throttle body is different.
            Idle switch is a separate little beige unit on the early ones, and can go wrong. Essentially its just a microswitch and shared with a few different models.

Have a look here:

http://www.20v.org/throttle.htm

HTH
            Alex

EDIT: Regarding the idle valve, these need some lubrication - if you've given it a good clean in solvent to flush out the crap, give it a good soak in GT85 or similar to keep it from seizing up.
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
            X