Thinking of restoring my 1990 S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenS2 View Post
    There was one question which the experts on here may have the answer. On the front bumper, is the lower black spoiler part able to separate from the above piece? I'm guessing not, but if I can't find a good S2 bumper, just need the lower black bit, if the makes sense? mine has a hole from hitting debris years ago.
    They are one piece, however, the late cabriolet had the same bumper, so they aren't *that* difficult to get hold of.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post

They are one piece, however, the late cabriolet had the same bumper, so they aren't *that* difficult to get hold of.
      Ah, I didn't know that, thank you.

Comment

Go for it , I’m getting my green 91 3b coupe resprayed in a month or so

Comment

Originally posted by simons2 View Post
          Go for it , I’m getting my green 91 3b coupe resprayed in a month or so
          Ooh great! Do post some pics when done!

Comment

My Indigo Pearl 92 is at QC for full bare metal paint job as we speak.
            Last edited by newsh; 13 February 2021, 21:37.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

You should definitely do it. I am also working on S2, just waiting until it warms up a bit so I can paint the engine bay and start putting her back together.

Comment

Also going bare metal

Comment

Originally posted by GreenS2 View Post
                  The other thing I wondered is, has anybody tried fitting a more modern AC compressor? Mine is a Denso, and was knackered years ago. Since then the refrigerant type has changed twice, so I'm guessing there's little chance of getting that going again...shame, as it was an excellent AC when it worked.
                  Yes, it's easy enough to do. Source a new(er) compressor with the right fittings and pulley, have the A/C system flushed through, replace the receiver/drier and expansion valve (costs less than £20 for both) and have the system recharged with R134 and appropriate oil. You can buy adaptors for the charging valves to convert to R134 but the new compressor should have a high side valve on it and you can do all the charging and discharging through that. The low side one is difficult to reach so rarely used. The A/C system is pretty basic so not much to go wrong unless one of your pipes and or radiators has corroded so now has holes and leaks.

Comment

Defo need to post some pics as it is now. I got the paint sorted on mine last year and I bought 2 new front wings and a set of new lower rubber trims all round. Cost £3000 and that’s mates rates and he did a brilliant job. This forum is excellent at sourcing parts and the knowledge of some people is great. You will be able to sort but just don’t cut corners. Final job be well worth it and these cars always get admirers when your out and about in them!!

Comment

GreenS2 I always thought your one was the one with the green/blue/gold flip paint for some reason that was on ebay not too long ago.
                      I remember you needed some parts from me a few years ago
                      The bumper isn't the same as the late cabriolets. They do come on the v6 models but most dont have the headlight washer option.

Comment

Originally posted by sal_s2 View Post
                        GreenS2 I always thought your one was the one with the green/blue/gold flip paint for some reason that was on ebay not too long ago.
                        I remember you needed some parts from me a few years ago
                        The bumper isn't the same as the late cabriolets. They do come on the v6 models but most dont have the headlight washer option.
                        No mine is original(peeling)Emerald Pearl Green. I thought the V6 one was different. I've spotted some Cabriolets that have different bumpers, but some have the S2(looks like) Bumper I think? I will have to modify for the headlamp washer, and as I've been quoted £400 for a secondhand bumper, I'm going to look into getting mine repaired if at all possible.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
                          Defo need to post some pics as it is now. I got the paint sorted on mine last year and I bought 2 new front wings and a set of new lower rubber trims all round. Cost £3000 and that’s mates rates and he did a brilliant job. This forum is excellent at sourcing parts and the knowledge of some people is great. You will be able to sort but just don’t cut corners. Final job be well worth it and these cars always get admirers when your out and about in them!!
                          Yep, if I do it, I'll try and make as good as I can.

Comment

I’ve managed to get a pair of front wings from TPS in the last month so there could still be a couple left , one thing I’m not sure of though is do they look better with or without the indicators?

Comment

I don`t know about not having side indicators maybe worth asking dvla ref mot also wouldn`t not having the buld fited make them flash faster, or am i just being a c--k

Comment

Would probably have to wire in a ballast of some kind , I can’t decide wether it looks better with or without

Comment

Working...
                                X