Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to have a clear out and concentrate on my RS2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
    Plus it's something I really enjoy........
    Having something you enjoy that's totally different from your cars has to be a good thing, those stands look as good as bolted to the floor!!

Comment

• Indeed, having another hobby has got be good, it's not healthy to be fixated on one thing, plus car's are also my work which can make doing jobs on my own vehicle's less enjoyable as it become monotonous.

I did actually train as a sound engineer a very long time ago, hell I was in my teens when I started the course, so it's good to able to use some of the information and skills I learnt back then. Never really worked properly in the music industry, which perhaps is a good thing given some of my proclivities.

Yeah, those speakers aren't moving the weights are a temporary measure, I'm going to drill holes in the box section bases and fill them with lead, that keep them planted and look much tidier.

Besides I'm going to need the weights back soon as my arms are getting much better.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• So, err, this RS2?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
          So, err, this RS2?
          Yeah... Okay, fair point, this thread has deviated way too far into retro audio.

Next update will be something to do with my RS2.

Comment

• Maybe start a new thread dedicated to the RS2? It's been a while since anyone did a resto
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
              Maybe start a new thread dedicated to the RS2? It's been a while since anyone did a resto
              Not a bad idea, however the next car I'm going to be spending most my time working on is my MK2 G60, getting shot of that will give me the funds to get stuck into the RS2 properly.

I do have a plan...

Comment

• I am planning on giving the inside of the RS2 a good clean inside over the weekend, it's only a little dirty in there but the interior is close to mint due to the low mileage so I'll post up some pic's of that.

Plus I want to fabricate a holder for the boost gauge John very kindly sorted for me, so hopefully I'll get time to do that as well.

But as I've said I must get that MK2 G60 done and sold, it will give me the funds I need to really get stuck into my RS2 properly, I'm planning on as close to a concourse restoration as I can reasonably achieve.

Fortunately my time is free (well kind of I could be working on customers cars) but stuff for these cars is really expensive and I want everything to be perfect. Even though I've been collecting parts for the past seven years there's still going to be things I need to spend money on...

For instance the turbo by rights needs a rebuild. It's done 100K, is 27 years old and the compressor wheel has some very minor damage from eating parts of those silly brittle plastic screens Porsche use on their MAF's which throw themselves into the induction system at random. I will be replacing them with the considerably more robust and much more sensible metal screens used on S2's.

Then there's the clutch to change, the brakes to overhaul and countless other jobs to tackle.

Plus I'd like to get my lift installed before really setting about it!

Comment

• Had to spend most the weekend working on a customers car so got sod all done on any of my projects, still kept a paying customer happy.

Anyway, here's at least something RS2 related... My replacement rear reflector has arrived after a a great deal of help from a very kind and helpful member... It's came covered in a protective film, a bit like a virgin mobile phone which I had to remove for the photos.

It's so nice I almost don't want to fit it yet and save it for when I get the car painted along with the new fog lights and indicators I've already got stashed away. Also took a pic of the damage I caused to the old one simply by polishing it.

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by K Simmonds; 23 May 2022, 16:58.

Comment

Working...
                  X