Stuff the EU!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
    Adult discussion on the internet is a wonderful thing -we can disagree, but remain friends.... you know like people used to do before all this nonsense whereby you must be perfect that seems to have developed in recent years!

Just to say guys, really appreciate you all on here

Comment

I,m Yorkshire Man so generally say what I feel and never get too stressed about anything, which really quite annoys the missis being a Londoner she is quite often a ball of stress . I think social media has a lot to answer for and creating a massive problem for future generations. Only thing I miss on this Forum really is being able to swear , peace n love peeps

Comment

An this forum works consistently unlike our cars

Comment

Originally posted by tango123 View Post
          Brilliant, that made me chuckle.
          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by tango123 View Post
            Took me right out....

Comment

Quick update and a question hopefully someone can help with.

Royal Mail have been no help at all regarding the two returned item's, no refunds and no real explanation for either.

Have even had a couple of phone calls with their customer services and gotten nowhere, which is a pity as I like using them. Looks like PayPal might refund the one though....

The only option I have that's affordable is to send the packages with Ervi (the new Hermes) as the items comply with their rules and they're not ridiculously expensive like all the other options...

Has anyone else used Ervi yet and are they any good?

Hermes were awful, very cheap, however a complete lottery as to whether or not your stuff is going to get there and in one piece.

I'd like to think they're making more effort with the rebrand but as I normally exclusively use Parcelforce who I have an account with have no idea.

I want to make the bookings today as I have access to a printer at my folks place this evening so any feedback regarding Ervi would be much appreciated.

I did have a printer and really should get another but as I use them so infrequently they always jam up and go wrong.

Comment

Used Hermes a lot, and actually never had a problem...... results vary I am sure.

Comment

Quite recently I read an article regarding the auctions they have of UK courier lost/damaged items and something like 80% of the stuff was from Hermes which doesn't look great for a company.

Though to be fair most things other people have sent to me using them have gotten to me eventually, sometime had to wait a long time though.

I guess if Ervi is the only option I'll have to give them a go.

Comment

Kit, pm me. I can probably help...
                    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
                      Kit, pm me. I can probably help...
                      Nice one Chris, will drop you a message.

Comment

I have family members who have found hermes packages dumped at the side of the road awaiting the driver to go back later to collect and sort through what they want to keep.

If you need the codes for sending to the EU I can send you a link for that, I recently had to do both UK and US exportation/importation codes. Its a shame a few of the audi parts suppliers in the EU no longer want to ship to the UK as there was a few things I wanted.

Comment

Yeah, I've heard the horror story's regarding Hermes, as well as seen secret footage filmed in their depots and it really doesn't look good!

Though to be fair all services probably have the odd bad egg so to speak, even Royal Mail, but Hermes were getting a very bad name. It was even becoming an 'internet meme', yes I do just about know what one of those is.

To be fair I've known my local driver for years so I know he's fine, it's the rest of the network I worry about and their customer services are still super slow.

As it happens it looks like Chris might well be able to seriously help me out and get around the red tape, which is hugely appreciated.

But thanks for offering to help with the bloody code's!

Comment

Just avoid yodel like the plague !!

ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
                            THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Yes, I've not heard good things about them as well.

Comment

If we are rolling out examples of bad companies.... why not includes The Post Office - they prosecuted, locked up and ruined the lives of hundreds of innocent post masters due to a fault with PO software which made it look like the Post masters were stealing money they weren't

​​​? I still use autodoc as never had a problem and ive used yodel, hermes, post office and many others and never had anything go wrong.

Unfortunately until drones are delivering our parts, all companies involve humans and while they do you risk problems as that is where the problem lies

Comment

Working...
                                X