Girlfriend studying english there, WHERE?¿

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al Wyn View Post
    Surely you will be needing pics 1st re an au pair staying at yours Dean ps depending on pics/flexibility (only joking) i have room to let in large family house in Chichester, West Sussex...quite a nice place with a cracking University Rocco
    I quote that!

Chicester area it's lovely with a top university.
    I've been there because a friend of mine moved from Acton west London to.....
    West Wittering.

Lovely and nice cars around!

Stefano
    http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

In the town of totnes where i live we have a very good English school:
      http://www.totenglish.co.uk/

Theres always around 40 students from all over the wold attending classes.

We even sometimes offer accommodation..

I could prob find cheap (much cheaper then they offer) accommodation if she wanted to come to totnes to study here.

Also, the devonshire dialect is a good one to get familiar with!
      91 S2 coupé - RIP
      98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

many thanks¡¡

my girlfriend says that will decide something in the end of June or first days of July,because she is still working in one elementary school for childs between 6 to 12 years as a teacher . and the works will ends the 30th of June.

she said that many english language schools there can starts every Mondays,so this is very good,because you can start with lessons whem you want any week.

Ainara (the name of my GF) is very pleased for the forum help,she cant believe it haha¡

and after all,she is "some" scared to go there alone,because she thinks that she knows very few english "low level" and go to there alone.....without understand nothing from the fast english mouths....

i want her studing there, because it is perfect for me, i will go there with my car to the MRC rolling road weekend ,perfect excuse
        RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
        BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
        LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Originally posted by b3robo View Post
          mi novia es el español. Ella viene desde Madrid.

(Sé muy poco español)

She didn't like the north of England, due to bad weather and heavy accents, she had trouble integrating and learning English there.

Since we moved to Bournemouth she appreciates the nicer weather (only a tiny bit nicer) and the accent is much better for her. Also Bournemouth has many language schools and is very metropolitan with one of the best universities in the country.

As Veneto says, its not just my opinion but an opinion of my girlfriend who's lived here for the past 6 years. She misses home a lot now due to our fantastic weather though but thats pretty normal.

On sunny days Bournemouth even feels a bit like España, con grande playa!

(by the way, from the picture on your Avatar I assume your Spanish, if not then )
          are you trying to mean that your girlfriend is spanish??

yes i am spanish of course¡¡

"grande playa" = "gran playa" = "great beach" = "big beach" ???

" mi novia es el español" ?? , you have to say , my girlfriend is spanish = "mi novia es española"

thanks¡¡

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post

many thanks¡¡

my girlfriend says that will decide something in the end of June or first days of July,because she is still working in one elementary school for childs between 6 to 12 years as a teacher . and the works will ends the 30th of June.

she said that many english language schools there can starts every Mondays,so this is very good,because you can start with lessons whem you want any week.

Ainara (the name of my GF) is very pleased for the forum help,she cant believe it haha¡

and after all,she is "some" scared to go there alone,because she thinks that she knows very few english "low level" and go to there alone.....without understand nothing from the fast english mouths....

i want her studing there, because it is perfect for me, i will go there with my car to the MRC rolling road weekend ,perfect excuse
            Rocco, my girlfriend loves speaking Spanish so if she comes to Totnes they can hang out and learn from each other...
            If you come too we can leave them to it and go
            91 S2 coupé - RIP
            98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

there are a wealth of schools in Bournemouth on the south coast and its very popular with foreign students. there are ferry links to northern spain....

Comment

@ Rocco still no pics of girlfriend on the thread?
                S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

are you trying to mean that your girlfriend is spanish??

yes i am spanish of course¡¡

"grande playa" = "gran playa" = "great beach" = "big beach" ???

" mi novia es el español" ?? , you have to say , my girlfriend is spanish = "mi novia es española"

thanks¡¡
                  I didn't say my spanish was any good now did I?

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wyn View Post
                    @ Rocco still no pics of girlfriend on the thread?
                    Aye - it's all very well her learning and speaking English, but if......

Comment

Dublin, is meant have a very good accent as hasn't changed much since the 16th century apparently. Would forget about Northern Ireland, we all have odd accents, apparently my accent is very 'sing song', unlike the more monotonal voices hear about Belfast

Comment

Originally posted by DeanG View Post
                        . Both our kids speak English with a standard BBC accent and our little girl chats all the time!
                        http://youtu.be/VqjclHiqQAw
                        Audi S2 Coupe 1995
                        VW Passat GL5 (hatch) 1986
                        VW Passat GL 1.8 (saloon) 1986
                        Carrera Subway 8

Comment

Please post a pic, I'm an English teacher....
                          No really, I've a certificate to prove it too!

Comment

friends,for what reason would you like to see a picture of her???

Comment

friends,for what reason would you like to see a picture of her???
                              Standard procedure sir.
                              1993 ABY Coupe | BMW R1200 GS
                              A6 3.0 TDI Quattro (aka Sonic's 'ring support/cargo vehicle )

Comment

OK FRIENDS,I NEED HELP

i am going to share the travel with my girlfriend,and i will go with her for 4 or 5 weeks...for try to learn more english on a intensive english course since monday to friday...and we will take the weekends for "have holidays" trying to visit nice places there.

so.... where to go finally? my girlfriend preffers a place with more sunny days and a beach the near as possibe

what about the very big national in the south/west of england (dartmoor )?? is it a worth idea to visit it?

we need to book a place where to live,where to study (english school)....so any suggestions would be very apreciated

Comment

Working...
                                X