No announcement yet.

Who else is having a last push for ADI!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else is having a last push for ADI!

So the car is running, all put back together, with a few concerns:

No MOT (hope to resolve today)
    Mechanical boost after the first >1bar pass
    Small amount of oil collecting atop the IM flange

I'll be checking codes - hope its a boost leak from anywhere but the Mark-H mod as i couldnt get that any tighter - my mail concern is where the oil is coming from, either the cap or the cam cover (in which case it must be under pressure).

So I think I'll make it, but the above will stop me tracking it, unless I can solve by saturday mornimg!

So who else is feeling the pressure, and whats the issue, tell me Im not the only one...
    AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

You not the only one . I just change oil and filters,need to find a way to fit a big air filter,have the same problem with the oil, couldn't sort the catch tank setup on time and so on .I have all the bits but it is gonna be fine ...Better find out the recovery company phone number before Saturday . Good luck sorting the car out, don't loose the faith.

Comment

Does heading back off holiday early count?

Need to take one of the oil cooler hoses off to put some PTFE tape on it, maybe change the oil and fit my big rear brakes... Oh and get it washed... Maybe
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Got my MOT today and just changed the oil and filter. No time to fit the oil cooler or catch tank!

If she's lucky she'll get washed
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

I gave up on ADI a month ago

Big Yellow is ready - jut need to wash 3 months of road grime & brake dust off it and chuck in some go-go juice
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Yep, same here. Got the MOT retest tomorrow, new rear brake pads, secured slam panel, and fixed ABS light. Along with 1 or 2 minor advisories. Should have a new ticket on it tomorrow.

I wonder if the push to get cars ready for this years ADI stems from lots of people getting their cars ready for last years ADI and the subsequent MOT renewals being in this last week??
            Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
            03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
            01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

Yup, sounds like there's a few of us! Got mine MOT'd and completed the RS2 conversion yesterday. Been down at the exhaust shop all day today (these cars are not good for exhaust builds!!!). She now sounds great and runs fine but there's a really strong smell of fuel in the car when I accelerate hard'ish (not going WOT until I know what the problem is) so at the moment I'm concerned about driving her too far. I've checked the engine bay and the fpr is fine and there's no petrol smell or visible leaks so really not sure what it is at the moment. Possibly overfuelling but would that cause fumes in the car only?
              Still, very happy and will hopefully make it to Coombe with her but prob won't be able to go out on track...
              Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

Trying to sort few things
                sigpic
                "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
                BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
                1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
                2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Comment

Nah I gave up on mine for the track...roll upo, park it and pootle round on the kids laps with no cats lol...no chance of lapping otherwise
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Well hopefully I'm a good Omen!

I have an MOT certificate and if I dig out the V5 she'll get taxed tomorrow...

No more oil so i think that was one-off, loose cap perhaps. My new MFTS plug needs better connection to the loom because unplugging it gives me boost. Full, 2.2bar wheel spin in 2nd out of a corner boost
                    AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Well last year I told myself that this year I'd go on track....

Not going to be happening although the beast has full rs 2 spec the one thing I never got round to replacing was the fuel pump... It's just crept up this year so quick ! I have the basket, 044 pump, connections etc just have not been able to get the time to fit it.

Gutted ...

Oh and I was going to put the h and r's on especially

Comment

I'm going to kick the tyres and make sure it starts, been driving the 4 for a couple of months..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                        sigpic

Comment

Just remembered I'm still running the catch tank setup which fills up when I drive a lot of fast right handers.. Andy I need some parts!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                            I'm going to kick the tyres and make sure it starts, been driving the 4 for a couple of months..
                            Ha ha, that would be my kind of preparation too.

Comment

No. Failed. Punctured the main rad weds night. have a good time everyone....
                              The Perfectionist
                              sigpic
                              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
                              X