• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am i the only scaffolder here?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigcooler View Post
      Am i the only scaffolder here?
      Nout wrong with being a scaffolder but you could well be the only one here I'm probably the only bin man here

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by fourwh33ldriv3 View Post
        Offshore Drilling HSE Advisor, ...... anyone knows of any work going in the HSE field I'd be very interested in getting back into it...soon if possible. Prepared to go most places too worldwide...

you got a linked-in profile to share with recruiters then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
          you got a linked-in profile to share with recruiters then?
          Sent you a PM buddy, thank you
          1998 A6 Q (Suzie)
          2 x B4 80's both 1993 (Heather & Hazel)
          1995 A4 1.6 (Heather II)
          1999 A6 Avant 2.4 (Bollie)
          2001 S6 Avant 4.2 (Rio)
          1995 80 Cabrio 2.6 (Gracie)
          2013 Q7 Flooded & gone
          1995 RS2 2.2 Flooded & gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaos0211 View Post
            Nout wrong with being a scaffolder but you could well be the only one here I'm probably the only bin man here

Lazy gets them bin men, only work one day a fortnight near me.

Comment

• Originally posted by raccabuda View Post
              Lazy gets them bin men, only work one day a fortnight near me.
              I wish only worked once a fortnight work everyday just different place each day making collections fortnightly

Comment

• Motion Picture Special Effects.
                Not the kind with computers. The real mechanical kind. Blowing up cars, flooding streets and houses, wind storms, dust storms, fire. Anything you see in a movie or television that is an effect. These days there is a lot done on computers. When it's not then it's me and my fellow FX Technicians.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5150deezer View Post
                  Motion Picture Special Effects.
                  Not the kind with computers. The real mechanical kind. Blowing up cars, flooding streets and houses, wind storms, dust storms, fire. Anything you see in a movie or television that is an effect. These days there is a lot done on computers. When it's not then it's me and my fellow FX Technicians.
                  That sounds like a very fun job. How much of the kit do you build yourself for it?
                  Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Over the years the film industry has developed or repurposed plenty of things to suit their needs. That being said, we quite often fall back on those items for things like wind, rain and fire. But there is plenty that we have to build or prep prior to it going in front of the camera. If I can get this pic to post... Here is a GTR from Furious 7 that I and two other techs prepped for a shooting scene. There were over 150 holes in the car and they all had to be drilled and properly finished off so that the car looked undamaged until the charges in the holes were detonated, making it appear as though it had been shot.
                    Attached Files

Comment

If I can get this pic to post... Here is a GTR from Furious 7 that I and two other techs prepped for a shooting scene. There were over 150 holes in the car and they all had to be drilled and properly finished off so that the car looked undamaged until the charges in the holes were detonated, making it appear as though it had been shot.

Looks like the GTR has had a Colin Chapman moment. Added lightness
                      "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

• Ah-ha, so that's how they never hit the tyres then!

Comment

Motion Picture Special Effects.
                          ....and.... nobody else can complete so we keep our lame-*** jobs to ourselves..
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          1990 CQ20v
                          2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

• Actually I'm an Audi test-driver and a part-time wonderbra fitter
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            1990 CQ20v
                            2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

• So, what did it feel like when you put the holesaw to the Nissan?
                              Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more picĀ“s of my cars

Comment

• The hole saw to the Nissan was pretty bad. Especially since the hood, trunk and rockers were carbon fiber. About $5500.00 worth of carbon fiber. However it felt much worse to do this.
                                It's not an AAR but it was a 1972 cuda 340 with a 4 barrel and a 4-speed. Oh, and not a speck of rust.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X