No announcement yet.

Photobucket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ran across this. Looks like Photobucket has PO'ed lots of folks. Imagine if you had 1000s of Amazon/eBay listings with images hosted on Photobucket. Sheesh!

Photobucket accused of blackmail after quietly requiring users to pay $400 a year to hotlink

Comment

Originally posted by Colesy View Post
      Photobucket are utter *******s aren't they. Rather everyone closing accounts shouldn't we all be signing up for new free accounts and filling them up with pointless images. Spamming them with the ransom demand image could work well.
      They are are utter extorting ***** and i hope their business dies a horrible internet-related death.

I unfortunately however do know a couple that have surrendered to such twatish tactics and paid up as a business expense, just to make the problem go away.
      S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

It doesn't stop with Photobucket unfortunately PayPal has 'upgraded' their page which is an utter mess to navigate! Simply trying to get to 'send money' tab is a job in patience. As if they do not understand the concept of instant pay! Whomever designed this new format is obviously not an online user
        Cheers mis amigos,
        _Anton

Comment

Originally posted by rs2coupe View Post
          It doesn't stop with Photobucket unfortunately PayPal has 'upgraded' their page which is an utter mess to navigate! Simply trying to get to 'send money' tab is a job in patience. As if they do not understand the concept of instant pay! Whomever designed this new format is obviously not an online user
          Really? You just go to "Send & request" at the top of the page and then select "Pay for goods or services" or "Send money to friends and family"... or am I missing something?
          RS2 - Project Mental Wheels
          RS2 - LHD on the road again
          RS2 - reduced to component parts
          RS2 Saloon replica
          A4 1.8T
          BMW 320d Touring M Sport Business Edition auto
          sigpic

Comment

I seem to be able to see my pictures again, have they turned 3rd party linking back on?
            sigpic
            1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
            1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
            1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

They propably have lost most of their customers. I have got several e-mails from them with offers that is quite different than when they messed up everything.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
              Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
              BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
              BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

I got one the other day offering me an account that would allow linking for $2.99/month, was almost empted but it's only for 400 pics.
                sigpic
                1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Never ever had a problem until the other day when the $2.99 a month offer appeared. I thought nothing of it but later that same day all the pics disappeared in all threads but then next day all was well again. I think they're trying to on.

96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                  96 URS6 plus speck estate
                  94 2.6 80 Avant
                  99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                    They propably have lost most of their customers. I have got several e-mails from them with offers that is quite different than when they messed up everything.
                    Thuppu am I right in thinking you've got a rather special 7 series BMW? for some reason when I log in pic disappears but when am not I see a few cars? If so have you got some pics looks nice?

Comment

Working...
                    X