Not enjoying the new forum one bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not enjoying the new forum one bit

I get that things must change but seriously guys! It's a jumbled mess for us old guys. Or I'll speak for myself. All of a sudden I have too many PMs. Navigation is not cohesive, layout is wide and the personality of the place is gone. I honestly dislike getting on the forum anymore and may just not log in any longer. People responding are positive and appreciative for the change but many are not being honest. The new format experience sucks straight up. Does not make me want to participate and it is no longer personable.
    Cheers mis amigos,
    _Anton

I can't disagree. I don't think that the old format was broken. In fact, I think it was one of the better ones under the vBulletin reign and didn't need to be changed at all.

I dislike this new one but am learning to tolerate it in BLUE GREEN (selected at the bottom left corner).

I'm not spending as much time here as I was but I agree that it seems less personable and connectable to other people than it was before.
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by rs2coupe View Post
      I get that things must change but seriously guys! It's a jumbled mess for us old guys. Or I'll speak for myself. All of a sudden I have too many PMs. Navigation is not cohesive, layout is wide and the personality of the place is gone. I honestly dislike getting on the forum anymore and may just not log in any longer. People responding are positive and appreciative for the change but many are not being honest. The new format experience sucks straight up. Does not make me want to participate and it is no longer personable.
      same here. used to visit the site a lot, now daily once, i check the "latest post" section but its end there. i dont use search, i dont go into sub topic cos the style, color combination is just lame.
      i know its personal, so i didnt complaint openly, but since you mentioned it...
      sigpic

Comment

yeah I have been visited the site quite a lot a day but now only once.maybe i'm getting old and ain't easy to get along with the changes lol.
        one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

Why are you using the blue green theme?

Comment

Can't believe the minor colour and layout changes are so life changing. It hardly looks any different!
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

you can't read or reply to PMs unless you use the blue / green. The black theme gives you a white box with white text. I don't post much on here as it is but it's even less now
              Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

By my own admission I am not the greatest fan of change, it's another reason why the modern Audi brand and care for our cars dissapoints me. I really liked the old forum style and function. I logged in everyday and looked forward to doing so. I now actively avoid it and when I do find myself unconfident and frustrated using it. Should have a poll on staying with the new format or go back to the old one maybe??

Comment

You just can't go back, I'm afraid.

Old software was way out of date, insecure, incompatible with many newer technologies, and positively ark-age in its functionality.

I agree if there are still issues like the PMs, then they need to be sorted, if not already.

Comment

I just checked, replying to PMs is normal white on dark grey. What about for you?

Comment

Replying to PM's is easy even in "S2Forum Grey" just scroll up to the top, click "messages" and then "open message centre"

Personally I have struggled a little with the new format, but i am getting used to it now.
                      The Perfectionist
                      sigpic
                      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I mostly use Tapatalk
                        The main problem with that is that the PM inbox/sent doesn't appear in the drop down menu.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                          Replying to PM's is easy even in "S2Forum Grey" just scroll up to the top, click "messages" and then "open message centre"

Personally I have struggled a little with the new format, but i am getting used to it now.
                          Yep, it's not quite as polished as something like IPS, but it is working nicely IMHO.

Be better for my eyes if the font sizes went up a couple of notches though, very small, especially when composing. Even 14px would be wonderful, but 16px even better. 12px is far too small in this modern web...

Comment

Couple of points to bearing in mind, which we all know but may forget from time to time.

Forum is voluntary

Technology has to move on to stay working well

A good few of us are obviously Luddites - myself included

Practice and perseverance with the new format will mean that the forum will eventually become as comfortable as an old pair of shoes compared to new stiff shoes.

Points for improvement or fine tuning should be flagged in a positive and constructive manner and I would think they will be attended to in due course.

If you think the Forum is not as good as it was and you don't enjoy using it and you feel bad. Imagine how bad you'd feel if the Forum went off the net for good and all the information on here was lost to all of us ! ! !

Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
                              You just can't go back, I'm afraid.

Old software was way out of date, insecure, incompatible with many newer technologies, and positively ark-age in its functionality.
                              But are we not mostly all here because we are fans of old Audis? Even though there are newer and "better" audis available to buy these days

Time will tell i suppose. I'm giving it a good try even though i'm naturally against change
                              Last edited by Michael S2; 31 August 2017, 22:22.
                              1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                              X