7A fuel regulator question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7A fuel regulator question.

Just wondering if you can use the 4 bar fpr out of v6 c4/b4 on the 7A engine. I know they are a drop in type. I have used a spare rail and rigged myself a solution. My main concern is the 7A needs 4.2 bar at WOT. I have tried the 4 bar fpr but the car feels a little flat up top. Other wise would a 4.5 bar fpr be the way to go?

I’ve heard it said that if you have a way to measure the pressure, you can raise the pressure from 4 Bar to 4.2 by squeezing the FPR in the vice with a ball bearing on top. I’ve not tried this myself though!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

The 7A FPR (a 054 133 534) is supposed to be an odd-man out 4.5 Bar unit, so you shouldn't use a 4.0 Bar. I understand that some 1.8T engines used a 5.0Bar FPR.

Some Fuel Pressure Regulator info:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/21108.phtml

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

I'll get a 4.5 bar drop in fpr as with the 4 bar one it is not running properly. I'll give the ol ballbearing trick a go before I change it to see if it does make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
          The 7A FPR (a 054 133 534) is supposed to be an odd-man out 4.5 Bar unit, so you shouldn't use a 4.0 Bar. I understand that some 1.8T engines used a 5.0Bar FPR.

Some Fuel Pressure Regulator info:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/21108.phtml

On the main crank breather hose (the elephant trunk) there is a tee leading somewhere else. Where?. Mine does not have this tee.

Comment

I have 7A fpr in stock if needed

Comment

In think that T is blocked off with a cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
                In think that T is blocked off with a cap.
                Looks like it, that pipe is metal too as opposed to rubber type so maybe it's suitable for more than one engine type?

Comment

On mine, that T has a line running to the throttle body
                  Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Yes looks like there are two versions

Comment

Yep, there are two versions, the hitachi ISV/banana manifold version, and the later Bosch ISV/cast manifold, I have the later engine but with bunch of bananas, bosch ISV and I think a blocked off port.

ETKA/parts manuals diagrams here are very unhelp[ful, the pictures don't match the vacuum or breather line arrangements at all.

Comment

that ETKA image won't look like your 7A as it doesn't like it is the right engine at all to me!

That T connection does indeed go off to the throttle body or, the rubber hose between the ISV and inlet manifold if you have the Bosch ISV. I can't remember which as mine has long since had crank breathing through a can and that pipe isn't connected.

The 'elephant trunk' used to be rubber until the factory upgraded to metal. The original rubber items used to suffer from being soaked with oily fumes and got soft, split just fell to bits.

Metal is better. :-)

Comment

Yes, the image looks more something that runs Bosch k jetronic. NG perhaps. I had tp replace the 'trunk' on mine due to it disintegrating.

Comment

Working...
                          X