Radiator Bleeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator Bleeder

Anybody know the part number for the sealing washer, cant find it in ETKA, or a replacement that seals properly?

Cheers,

Mark
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Hi Mark,

I cant remember if you have a plastic rad or one with brass headers on yours. On my S2 (brass tanks on rad) the only thing that would seal was a thin 10mm copper washer that I use for Aeroquip banjo bolts. They are thin enough to crush slightly but I'd only use them once. I can post you a couple if it helps. Pete

Comment

Hi Pete, its the plastic rad i have in mine. The original fiber washer has had enough, i thought i had found some that fitted but they are too thin to seal properly.
      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Worth checking but probably the rad has a brass insert? If so you should be fine to use a normal crush washer - I also use a thin copper crush washer on mine
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Copper washer.
          Heat it over the gas till it glows and drop it in a cup of cold water to soften.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

We have fiber washers , copper and aluminium I'll post you a couple of each if you like.hope you sort it soon fella. Regards Lynn

Comment

Working...
            X