Values these days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by montyrs2 View Post
    I work in Leamington. Never seen it though. I could go look at it for someone if they want.
    I'm not interested in buying but curious about the car.......crap pictures on the e-bay ad buy good info regarding recent work carried out.....could be a nice car for someone?

Comment

to be honest i expected a few pedantics and dismissals of my opinion in the post. costs as i think we all agree are what somebody is willing to pay. as fore the techincal aspect having stripped to bare shells both types of car and built an s2 saloon i know exactly, to some detail whats under there.

Comment

Aye, only worth what someone will pay (right person right time is very relevant here).

I'm​​​​I'm still glad I can enjoy my car and even taking the lower value, it'll provide some funds for sensible family transport when the time comes. Until then, I'll continue to burn super unleaded like it's still at 1994 prices and like happened the other day, surprise friends and colleagues with what a 23 year old car can do
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
          Steering wheel looks wrong, if its 1995 year would have airbag sport wheel otherwise the 3 spoke one, that looks like a standard coupe wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
            Am pleased this topic has come up with what we think the value of our cars are worth as am having a mare my renewal came through and it came through as same value as last year which was £12500 and I pointed out the various models for sale at the min and pointed £14000 would be more realistic and then 2 Coupes came up for sale on Autotrader at £16990 and £17500 both J reg 1991 models so I went back and said perhaps £18000 is more realistic after the work I got done on it 3 years ago the fact it has S8 alloys miltek exhaust and custom downpipe and koni shocks and paint work looked at last year and they came back with £12000 which is now lower and to be honest a crap value. I know members have seen my car and I would class it as a very good example but how and where could you buy today a very good 1995 S2 Black Coupe for £12000??? Can I ask what would you say this car is worth so I can raise a few more questions - thanks guys S2 Coupe.jpgS2coupe.jpg
            This is interesting Ant and your car is looking lovely.

I have my insurance renewal up in January and currently my car has an agreed valuation of £8.5k. I am going to push for a value nearer £20k and make it a stipulation on renewal that I won't go with an underwriter that is not prepared to recognise the potential value of my car. If it gets written off £8.5 is not even close and certainly won't cover like for like replacement, (which I know is impossible, as I don't even think there is another Amethyst Pearl RHD Coupe in existence!)

We shall see how I actually get on!

Cheers,

Steve
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I had the same issue with Adrian flux and went with a market valuation and would argue to toss if it came to it as they wouldn't recognise the value
              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post

This is interesting Ant and your car is looking lovely.

I have my insurance renewal up in January and currently my car has an agreed valuation of £8.5k. I am going to push for a value nearer £20k and make it a stipulation on renewal that I won't go with an underwriter that is not prepared to recognise the potential value of my car. If it gets written off £8.5 is not even close and certainly won't cover like for like replacement, (which I know is impossible, as I don't even think there is another Amethyst Pearl RHD Coupe in existence!)

We shall see how I actually get on!

Cheers,

Steve
                It will be interesting to hear how you get on Steve as your S2 is one of the finest Coupes left keep us informed!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                  I had the same issue with Adrian flux and went with a market valuation and would argue to toss if it came to it as they wouldn't recognise the value
                  There attitude annoyed me more thank anything else I think I will go with market value

Comment

Try A plan insurance great prices and also agreed values too

Comment

why not use an independent appraiser? that's what is common here.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post

There attitude annoyed me more thank anything else I think I will go with market value
                        I am with AF! I will keep you informed...
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic
                        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by nip View Post
                          Try A plan insurance great prices and also agreed values too
                          Thanks, I will.
                          The Perfectionist
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
                            why not use an independent appraiser? that's what is common here.
                            I have not heard of that in the UK. I will investigate though.

Thanks.

The Perfectionist
                            sigpic

Comment

Update, just spoke to Adrian Flux, they would not offer an agreed value before I take out the policy. Then I am at the discretion of the Agreed Value team who decide on a value based on my description and photos. There is no mechanism for having a value agreed before you take out insurance which seems a bit crap. I firmly believe my car should be valued at £17.5k - £20k based on the way the market is for these and similar cars today. (Which makes my current £9k agreed value a joke).

think I will try a few other insurance companies before I renew, but I fear I may be in the same boat with them...
                              The Perfectionist
                              sigpic

Comment

I will be keeping an on your posts as I have ended up staying with AF and just going with market value, reason behind my decision is the fact there are a few out there and if the worst was to happen then I know my car is defo worth in the region of 15-17k

Comment

Working...
                                X