Values these days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
    Update, just spoke to Adrian Flux, they would not offer an agreed value before I take out the policy. Then I am at the discretion of the Agreed Value team who decide on a value based on my description and photos. There is no mechanism for having a value agreed before you take out insurance which seems a bit crap. I firmly believe my car should be valued at £17.5k - £20k based on the way the market is for these and similar cars today. (Which makes my current £9k agreed value a joke).

think I will try a few other insurance companies before I renew, but I fear I may be in the same boat with them...
    I know insurance is always chatted about and opinions come into a lot.
    I was with Flux for a while (3years) agreed value when I first got my RS2 June 2011 (other cars insured with them as well). Then I changed to HIC (Herts Insurance) until 6 months ago. HIC are weird one, they quote and insure using Flux Direct, but come out cheaper than Flux.
    I now have all my cars on one policy (RS2, Ariel Atom, S4, Ford van) with Pace Ward and the way they put the policy together was very good. The guy there did an enormous amount of work for me.
    But yes, you will be still be trapped into taking the policy before they send out agreed value forms ... unless you slap them, first, with an independent valuation.
    RS2
    80 Sport
    S4
    Ariel Atom

sigpic

Comment

Thanks chaps. I am looking into an independent valuation now...
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I'm with Flux too and didn't bother with the AV as I was too busy and basically forgot. Sounds like it would have been a waste of time, so quite glad I didn't bother.

My car's not an investment and it gets driven, so there are blemishes here and there but mechanically, it's in excellent condition and I have receipts for well over £15k for work carried out and estimate a further £10k in items that I don't have receipts for!

In the current market, I'd hope to see about £15k for my car, all my spares and bits and bobs when all said an done. However, with cars edging £17k now online, to get anywhere near the same car I have now would cost about £40k
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I got my RS2 valued by a private appraiser and went with Lancaster. When it got totalled they paid out almost instantly I was quite impressed. However the value had risen considerably in the time that I had it valued and when it got destroyed.
          RS2 - Project Mental Wheels
          RS2 - LHD on the road again
          RS2 - reduced to component parts
          RS2 Saloon replica
          A4 1.8T
          BMW 320d Touring M Sport Business Edition auto
          sigpic

Comment

How much did the private appraiser cost please?

cheers,

Steve
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Oh god, now you're asking, this was about 3 years ago. I really can't remember, he had to come quite a way... it might have been about £120... that's a bit of a stab in the dark to be honest, sorry!

Ah... and it wasn't Lancaster insurance come to think of it, I think maybe it was Grove and Dean, and then I changed to Lancaster, Lancaster do their own agreed value, if you send them pics and tell them what you reckon it's worth.

I'm trying to find who I got to do the appraisal but not having any luck.

edit again... A guy called Dave Preece did it, just found the letter... that was when it was valued at £16000, if I had that car now it would easily be worth double that, it was mint. I'm just going to go and have a little cry now.

ok edit again... just trawled some emails and it turns out he charged me £45, don't know where I got the £120 from, I guess I'm going mental.
              Last edited by cardcrash; 24 January 2018, 15:28.
              RS2 - Project Mental Wheels
              RS2 - LHD on the road again
              RS2 - reduced to component parts
              RS2 Saloon replica
              A4 1.8T
              BMW 320d Touring M Sport Business Edition auto
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cardcrash View Post
                I got my RS2 valued by a private appraiser and went with Lancaster. When it got totalled they paid out almost instantly I was quite impressed. However the value had risen considerably in the time that I had it valued and when it got destroyed.
                Oh Dear… "when the car was destroyed" thats brought a tear to my eye!!! What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by handy andy View Post

Oh Dear… "when the car was destroyed" thats brought a tear to my eye!!! What happened?
                  Best not pry.....it'll just bring back bad memories
                  (a bit of bad luck in the Welsh lanes)

Comment

Originally posted by mackenzie50 View Post

Best not pry.....it'll just bring back bad memories
                    (a bit of bad luck in the Welsh lanes)
                    Wasn't trying to bring up bad memories at all.Was genuinely very sad to see my old RS2 written off - as Cardcrash bought it from me…Absolutely gutted to read that it was destroyed.
                    On another note hope he is ok and not hurt!

Comment

Originally posted by cardcrash View Post
                      Oh god, now you're asking, this was about 3 years ago. I really can't remember, he had to come quite a way... it might have been about £120... that's a bit of a stab in the dark to be honest, sorry!

Ah... and it wasn't Lancaster insurance come to think of it, I think maybe it was Grove and Dean, and then I changed to Lancaster, Lancaster do their own agreed value, if you send them pics and tell them what you reckon it's worth.

I'm trying to find who I got to do the appraisal but not having any luck.

edit again... A guy called Dave Preece did it, just found the letter... that was when it was valued at £16000, if I had that car now it would easily be worth double that, it was mint. I'm just going to go and have a little cry now.

ok edit again... just trawled some emails and it turns out he charged me £45, don't know where I got the £120 from, I guess I'm going mental.
                      £45 for a valuation is a bargain Thanks
                      The Perfectionist
                      sigpic

Comment

only a bargain if they recognise it. i could give you a valuation. chances are i know more about these cars than any independent valuer. but i expect thats not worth the paper its written on and you maybe find the car is worth more to you than the general market value. (im not saying its not worth what you think steve just playing devils advocate a little. its a mighty fine example.)

i suspect they would want evidence of cars selling for these over inflated figures to get anywhere near what you want and on the flip side you dont want to be refused insurance based on rariity or not coming to an agreement.,

Comment

Originally posted by GazzaG60 View Post
                          only a bargain if they recognise it. i could give you a valuation. chances are i know more about these cars than any independent valuer. but i expect thats not worth the paper its written on and you maybe find the car is worth more to you than the general market value. (im not saying its not worth what you think steve just playing devils advocate a little. its a mighty fine example.)

i suspect they would want evidence of cars selling for these over inflated figures to get anywhere near what you want and on the flip side you dont want to be refused insurance based on rariity or not coming to an agreement.,
                          Thanks Gazza, I am looking to see if I can get a valuation at reasonable money. If it is not more that last years agree value, I have wasted the valuation fee. If it is more, then I can forward on to the insurance company to try and have a higher agreed value.

But, yes you are right. We don't have a huge amount of data on £15K+ cars actually selling, only longstanding adverts. I do not know of any S2 Coupe's that have come up for auction and sold recently at all either. Their value really is with the buyer and seller of any particular car on the day it is for sale!

(There is no doubt their values are rising though. )

Cheers,

Steve
                          The Perfectionist
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X