Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audi Tradition shopping cart payment broken.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I managed to get something from Audi Tradition, at a reasonable price, and it's being delivered (in the UK) by DPD this afternoon.
    How, you ask? Well not directly...…..

I found that a big German parts supplier, online-teile, had the part I wanted listed.
    They didn't have it in stock but knew about AT and, after agreeing a nominal handling charge with me, ordered it from AT.
    It took about a week to get across Germany to them, then just 3 days to get here.

Just waiting for DPD to arrive as I type, due shortly.

Comment

Just my recent experience with Audi Tradition.

Logged in, pats in basket, went to pay.., and message that paypal wasn't working came up, I'm paying by MasterCard/Visa debit any way....

So try again a couple of weeks later, still not working.

Email sent.

Reply as follows dated 06/07/18

>>
      Thank you for your email. We greatly regret the inconvenience caused to you by the selection of the payment method in the Audi Tradition Shop. Unfortunately, we have to inform you that there is currently a technical malfunction. For this reason, a payment by credit card is currently not possible. Our specialized department is already working hard on a solution. We therefore ask for patience and a later retry. Alternatively, you have the option of contacting an authorized Audi partner. He will gladly advise you individually and can order the required spare parts. << So I contact my local dealer, and that takes until

On 28/08/2018
      Hello,

Apologies for the delay in response, I have been away for a few days.
      I now have access to Audi tradition.

Any way meantime I contacted a business colleague in Germany and he tried to order the parts, his credit card, I had wired him the funds, as I'd been told German based cards were being accepted. They weren't IF the shipping address was in the UK, again he go the "paypal" not working error message.

So he inquired as to why?

Nein! was the response, we are not shipping to the UK. Why he asked, they told him Brexit!

So he had to ship to himself, then ship to me, which means extra shipping costs.

So while the story was a "technical malfunction" the local explanation was different. Which is true? I have no idea.

Comment

My order at least arrived correctly this afternoon, going via online-teile in Germany.
        When hitting the same problem as above I also emailed them, but they didn't even reply!

Local Audi dealer did say they could get the parts, but at a BIG extra premium.

What on Earth has Brexit got to do with it, we're still in the EU.

Comment

Is the above really reflecting their policy or a misunderstanding somehow?

So if the above is true,........

As McEnroe once screamed at the umpire "you cannot be serious"

96 URS6 plus speck saloon
          96 URS6 plus speck estate
          94 2.6 80 Avant
          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

shipment to Belgium was also not working for me. not Germany but Mainland europe. ordered my AT parts both trough autewo and also the online teile worked fine (logistikzentrum lehrte)
            I hope the update of the website will enable us to order direct again.
            1967 fiat 500 future project
            1976 audi 100 coupe S
            1989 vw corrado 16V
            1989 audi 90 quattro 20V sport
            1994 audi RS2 project
            1994 audi RS2 parts car
            1995 audi RS2 project

Comment

The length of time this problem has dragged on far is astounding. Paying customers with non-trade accounts can't be that much of a priority to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
                The length of time this problem has dragged on far is astounding. Paying customers with non-trade accounts can't be that much of a priority to them.
                Trade accounts are being treated in the same way.
                sigpic
                Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                Audi UR Quattro
                Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by HPsauce View Post
                  My order at least arrived correctly this afternoon, going via online-teile in Germany.
                  When hitting the same problem as above I also emailed them, but they didn't even reply!

Local Audi dealer did say they could get the parts, but at a BIG extra premium.

What on Earth has Brexit got to do with it, we're still in the EU.
                  Glad your order arrived.

Honestly that was my response too, spit my tea over the keyboard. But that was what my German colleague was told by Audi Tradition, and he then relayed to me, that Audi Tradition were not shipping parts to the UK.... because of Brexit.

I agree it makes zero sense. It maybe just a cog in the machine telling a story, I don't know. I do know that previously I just added to cart, paid by card, and a few days later parts from Audi Tradition arrived, but back in June I tried and failed getting the paypal error message, I then at Audi's direction contacted my local dealer, and they could not get me the parts either, not for trying - I have bunch of emails and made as many calles to their parts department over this; at least until a couple of weeks or so ago, by which time I'd made other arrangements.

So as audiman says above, as best I know "Trade accounts are being treated in the same way."

I had the car booked in for body work and paint, I need stuff. It never occurred to me the site would be down for months, given my easy ( relatively speaking, clunky website aside ) order and delivery of bits.

I even bought a parts car!

If anyone wants a gunmetal black audi 80 1.9 diesel with 9 months or so MOT, I have one!

In the end it was too good to break, hence I went the route of tapping a business contact resident in Germany.

I haven't - yet - asked my local dealer to get me parts, so their promise of being able to get them is yet to be tested.

I hope Audi Tradition is back up soon, but it has been a long summer already.

edit car is a four door saloon
                  Last edited by rudecherub2; 15 September 2018, 17:36.

Comment

Having disappeared earlier this week the shop has reappeared today.
                    BUT it's still throwing out credit card payments (the ONLY option) saying it doesn't accept PayPal.

Comment

Having disappeared earlier this week the shop has reappeared today.
                      BUT it's still throwing out credit card payments (the ONLY option) saying it doesn't accept PayPal.
                      Yup, that's exactly what it has done since at least end of June when I first tried to get parts. Apparently VW Group doesn't have anyone who can construct a website.

Comment

One subtle difference is that the warning on the Home page about maintenance work has gone!
                        So I guess they think it's working fine...….

Comment

One subtle difference is that the warning on the Home page about maintenance work has gone!
                          So I guess they think it's working fine...….
                          Aye, but even then as my German colleague found, it worked in July if you entered a German delivery address.

Comment

Time to take a trip and brexit some faces. Who do they think they are??
                            I still owe them the bumper meal I told them I’d be returning and making them eat.
                            Rob..
                            94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
                            87 UR 20v ABY
                            97 S6 Avant
                            96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
                            1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

Update.

So I needed another part, and since my local Audi Supplier said they had access to the dealer side of the Audi Tradition site, ( I've been talking by phone & email for some weeks as directed by Audi Tradition themselves to my local Audi dealer ) I asked them to order me something.

This the message they get! (see picture)

So not quite the paypal isn't working - but much the same result.

I have asked my local Audi supplier, with little hope it will find it's way up the chain, "If it is at all possible to impress on Audi that this situation is costing me money and so spending my goodwill toward Audi themselves. I fast becoming pissed."

I don't have much faith.

PS Still would vote for Brexit all over again if asked.
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

As noted above by both me and others, if you are in urgent need going through online-teile worked fine (logistikzentrum lehrte); took just over a week for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X