Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RS2 going back together help/ advice needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it is the one on ebay and it does start and go it has also had a rebuilt turbo, recondition head, worsner pistons, new timing belt, new water pump and lots more done its suffering from a misfire any ideas what it may be?

Comment

I would check they got the timing correct when they did the cambelt. The RS2 has an unusual mark alignment on the pulley which may have put the belt a tooth out. It was covered in a recent post here. I will have a search for you.
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Not sure how to check if the coils are any good, but they do tend to brake down at this age if they still are the originals. TFSI-kit for the win.

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
          I would check they got the timing correct when they did the cambelt. The RS2 has an unusual mark alignment on the pulley which may have put the belt a tooth out. It was covered in a recent post here. I will have a search for you.
          Scroll down this page
          https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...2-94-swe/page6

andersg is also correct. Error 404 does a high quality coil conversion kit which I have installed and I highly recommend. However, if you decided to stick with original, I have my old coils which are in good working order.
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Thank for the input would you go for the after market coil does it perform better than the OEM coil?

Comment

Forgot to ask who supplies the TFSI coil ki/?

Comment

Error 404 here does the kit. Send him a pm. https://www.s2forum.com/member/4880-error404
                It allows you to use individual coil packs found on newer Audi's (TSFi).
                Last edited by Tractor Dave; 12 April 2019, 21:05.
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Hi Dave
                  What part number should I ask for for the TFSi coil kit? thanks for the photo very helpful thanks

Comment

Originally posted by joss01 View Post
                    Hi Dave
                    What part number should I ask for for the TFSi coil kit? thanks for the photo very helpful thanks
                    Speak to Error as he knows exactly what you need. I bought some second hand coil pencils on ebay from a 2.0tsfi but had to cut the rubber insulator slightly so they fit properly. I seem to remember Beru ZSE032 being recommended but check with Alex (Error)
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

thanks Alex

Comment

Before you go throwing loads of money at it I would check the timing, as mentioned earlier, plus do a full compression check on all cylinders to determine if all is good. Then start the elimination process of the coils, swap them round to pin point which one is the issue before you go to buy a full set.

I would have thought the place you've bought it from would have done this before they gave up on it.

Comment

Yes sound advice thanks

Comment

While I am here I am looking for some parts as shown in the photo can someone give me any advice where I can find them.
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                            X