Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M2ki View Post

Why should the virus disappear with hot weather?
    By your logic there should be no virus in Australia. It is 32 degrees in Sydney. And in Celsius not in fahrenheit.

Some source claimed the virus dies at/above 25-27C.
    and with regular flu its true too, lets hope.
    sigpic

Comment

Well I am in Spain on lock down ..... and this is more serious than most poeple are giving it credit.... they are not closing borders, schools and keeping people locked at home for nothing

Time to do some work on My RS2
      RS 2 580HP

Comment

Originally posted by M2ki View Post

Tell that to Italy. 3000 dead in a month and 300-500 more will die today and tomorrow and day after tomorrow.
        I was pretty close, 427 new deaths in Italy. Worst day for them so far.
        1989 Audi 80 Quattro
        1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Thanks Anthony
          difficult times indeed.
          I managed to get my door glass in at the weekend, so at least if we reach end-of-days i have my chariot back
          best to all!
          Phil
          95' 2.8E Coupe quattro pearl blue
          97' A3 1.8T Sport Auto Silver

95' Yamaha FZR600R

Comment

It's clearly a global concern beyond just regular flu - Coronavirus is 2-3x more contagious and up to 30x more fatal, depending on age group / medical history.

The mental thing now is the global economic devestation, and a genuine run on every day items by panic buyers - trying to do a normal weekly shop you'll find you can't get bog roll, washing powder, milk, bread, pasta, rice and many other completely normal items.

What's worrying me now is the effect this is having on "normal" people, and then "normal" people join the panic buying, otherwise they can't get anything at all. It's completely nuts and self-inflicting, and needs to be stopped.

At some point every other house in this damned country will end up with 1 years supply of dry items and manufacturers will have to scale back on production because nobody wants to buy it for a long time

My plan is to enjoy the quiet roads and cheap fuel until this blows over...
            S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Well I work in the industry as mentioned and I’ve been involved in 5 conference calls today as our main source and wholesaler are now panicking massively about stock. We have stocks of toilet rolls going out to 30 of convenience stores this week and same again next week. Problem we now face is getting stock into the country due to countries being on lock down and clearing customs etc. People are fighting in supermarkets and some of the customers coming into our stores the ignorance and nastiness of some of the twaaaats is absolutely incredible some people are so nasty to our staff. There’s just no need and if people carry on panic buying they’ll soon run out of money!!! Our shops are up 40% L4L! Herons up 25% last week and Asda in Hartlepool today closed as they ran out of stock apparently lol!!!

Comment

Hi all,

This is not WWZ...........it is not!

But if we don´t take care it will wipe out our elders!

It isn´t man made it´s just natural selection coming down on us "gods" and be prepared that more pandemias will come and more frequently, humanity has been playing god for to long and sooner or later the gods will play with us, be gratefull it´s just corona and not ébola, remember 12 monkeys.

On another note, just applied nivea to my S2 and now in the processe of doing the same to the 90 quattro 20V.

Take care and be safe!

Comment

I despair about people panic buying all the toliet roll. I mean really?
                  I've had to rip off some strips of wallpaper just to to keep my bot bot tip top.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
                    I despair about people panic buying all the toliet roll. I mean really?
                    I've had to rip off some strips of wallpaper just to to keep my bot bot tip top.
                    I suppose they are getting ready to **** them selfs
                    RS 2 580HP

Comment

Note to all, popped into a Tesco local for the first time in a week with the missus and by chance there was a delivery taking place. Most of the staff were running around with phones pressed to their ears and within five minutes the store was full of people who ironically had very similar generic features to the store employees. My missus, being a bit forthright collared a member of staff and asked why people were queuing up to check out with loo roll when there where none on the shell? Vague mumbling answer followed by ‘come with me’ and a packet of 9 bog rolls offered out the store room.... The issue is partially exacerbated by the supply chain employees taking advantage of their position...
                      85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                      93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

If the virus dies at 26-27 degrees as some say, how come it can survive in a body that is 37 degrees?
                        Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

The good thing about this virus is the Earth is taking a brake. Most factories stopped and busy highways are empty.

Comment

Londons the worst hit part of the country and according to the most up to date statistics is 3 weeks ahead of the rest of the country they're saying.

That's the price we pay for being the central hub / melting pot that brings all sorts here from all corners of the globe. All, literally all the major supermarkets where i live NW London the shelves are empty. People ( 100's of them) queing up before 6am to raid the shelves. I joined a local fb group 2 days ago that reports locally. Apparently people have been pushing the elderly out of the way, spitting, swearing pinching stuff out of other peoples trollies you name it .

According to Boris there are parts of outer London that have refused to head Boris's warning to stay away from pubs clubs restaurants gatherings etc. Tonight a hospital in south London is turning away new patients as its already overwhelmed with Corona virus patients and is turning them away to local hospitals. How long before they won't be able to cope? We are being told the Army will be on the streets before too long, scary times! Couldn't believe what i saw when picking Oliver up at school on the only day of the week i do it, Wednesdays, the Chorley Wood toffs mostly standing around not isolating themselves, instead talking in groups about it. I wish people would treat this seriously as it's the only way to limit the lives that will be lost and to give other seemingly heathy people a fighting chance of getting care when they need it.If the NHS becomes overwhelmed Doctors will be making choices who lives and who dies just as they do in war time.

This pandemic is going to be with us all year long or at least until a vaccine is found. They may be able to get over the initial peak in a few months, but when they relax, the infection will come back possibly mutating and more deadly. For those with TVs, i know some on here don't have one, not that i like the 'Brussels broadcasting corporation' i can't stand their massive left wing liberal bias, but check out the program on BBC1 earlier in the week on I'player. It's about the 1918 Spanish flue which killed 50 million worldwide and what the preparedness was in 2017 (uk) for a new pandemic and the amount of people they really think will die.

The Government don't want to alarm people too much, and i agree, gently does it, not that it's working ref the panic buying.

Stay safe everyone.
                            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                            96 URS6 plus speck estate
                            94 2.6 80 Avant
                            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

It’s totally frightening times Mark I feel for anyone in the world that’s being hit hard. Am lucky I guess being further north but it’s not clever up here, we are getting to see the real true reflection of modern society at the moment. We have shops mainly in low demographic areas and people in those areas are more understanding and nicer to our staff. We have 3 shops in higher demographic and the posh idiots that come in and block car parks and roads with their 4x4s are so far up their own **** and talk to staff like scum it’s unreal.

I think the reason I started this thread is for everyone to stay safe I’ve made lots of friends on here met them in person and made friends with people who have helped and advised me for parts for my S2 online. Stay safe friends and in this huge time of uncertainty and unrest let’s enjoy the quieter roads as well.

Comment

Testing times ahead for our NHS- Didnt our current and voted in PM want to sell or privatise the NHS?
                                F I R E U P T H E Q U A T T R O

1996 S2 coupe aqua green sold
                                1990 MK2 Golf gti 16v oak green sold

Comment

Working...
                                X