No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let’s not make this a political debate. This forum has always and will always be a politics free zone. Let’s steer back to topic or thread will be locked or deleted
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Crazy times ahead for sure, there were soldiers outside Sainsbury's on the A10 at Enfield where we live not sure why they where there but looked strange all the same, as for shopping we've been visiting various smaller local shops and seem to find what we need for now. I think the big supermarkets are a joke with people cuing hours before they open to fight for loo roll I just don't get it.

On a nicer note my wife is an NHS worker we went into our local Greggs bought a couple of pastries and she asked about the free tea that was on offer, the manager thanked her and her colleagues for all the hard work they do and gave us the lot for freeTop fella. I of course left glowing reviews on their Facebook page for his kindness. Among all the madness a little sanity.

Comment

The toilet paper hoarding panic is now over and all the stores are fully stocked now. I'm on a small island that is in lockdown until 1st May.
        1989 Audi 80 Quattro
        1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Originally posted by fish View Post
          If the virus dies at 26-27 degrees as some say, how come it can survive in a body that is 37 degrees?
          wierd, isnt it? just like how it can live in the human body for 23 week but dies on a cardboard under 24h.....
          sigpic

Comment

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/faq-20478727

This might be of interest, personally I think they are quite amazing things and will no doubt populate the Earth long after we have gone

Comment

Great time to dress up like Tractor Dave and practice social isolation, out in the garage!

More seriously though, one would hope that everyone acts responsibly (if you can't be part of the solution, don't become part of the problem) and does whatever they can (perhaps if they realized just what a large effect individual actions (and inactions!) can have) so that it doesn't become as bad as either of these outcomes:

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imp...16-03-2020.pdf

Stay well.

Comment

627 new deaths in Italy.
                Yep, it is just a regular flu. Nothing to worry about.
                Last edited by M2ki; 20 March 2020, 17:34.
                1989 Audi 80 Quattro
                1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Let's not get into an argument about whether or not corona virus is serious or not. It clearly is. This thread is more about the unnecessary panic and low life behaviour people display when faced with an unknown problem they don't understand.

The thing about Italy is that even now, compared to flu, corona virus still hasn't claimed as many lives. The number it has claimed is still too high and tragic but with the ageing population in Italy, their social way of life etc the startling figures for flu are as follows: between winter 2013/14 to 2016/17; 68,000 people died of flu in Italy.

International Journal of Infectious Diseases Volume 88, November 2019, Pages 127-134

The worry is that with corona virus being slightly more infectious than flu the figures could eventually outstrip the 68,000. Let's hope the isolation measures in place stop it and other countries take heed...

Comment

You are all deluded, no-one has immunity, and if you pass it to an over 70 year old, there is a one in seven chance they end up in hospital.

No healthcare system can handle that without massive deaths.

If you aren't socially distancing, and washing your hands then SHAME ON YOU.

If you are continuing going to work while feeling ill, then SHAME ON YOU. Go home, rest up, get better.
                    S

if you don't follow the government advice, then you are needlessly condemning people, especially older people, to death.

Get over yourselves and start acting like a responsible citizen.

Rant over, but I do not regret it.

Comment

V exactly, well ranted! Where I work there are decisions being made about which departments can work from home or not. One of the managers involved in those decisions later posts on Facebook picture of a lovely family gathering in a pub with elderly parents for a meal. Really?? This is exactly the attitude which will perpetuate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
                        You are all deluded, no-one has immunity, and if you pass it to an over 70 year old, there is a one in seven chance they end up in hospital.

No healthcare system can handle that without massive deaths.

If you aren't socially distancing, and washing your hands then SHAME ON YOU.

If you are continuing going to work while feeling ill, then SHAME ON YOU. Go home, rest up, get better.
                        S

if you don't follow the government advice, then you are needlessly condemning people, especially older people, to death.

Get over yourselves and start acting like a responsible citizen.

Rant over, but I do not regret it.
                        Well said...this IS serious, it IS massive and WE do have to show up and be responsible. If you are unsure, go find the Imperial College report and scare yourself into action, it makes a sobering read. I work in the healthcare/health insurance on a global basis. I was fairly blaze when i was in Thailand in January when it started to gather momentum and personally paid a bit of lip service to it. I quickly realised this was different...we have just setup specific helplines for our entire membership inside 4 days to deal with how to take pressure off the network of care providers. Imagine a non-exclusive membership and how to act as a vent by doing the right thing...thats us and the national health services in every country by just being responsible.

on the plus side...we are now best placed to get parts shipped to our homes and get these S2’s sorted

stay safe folks :beers:
                        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Agree but I would say shortly that delivery companies and post offices will be limiting hours worked very soon so if your wanting parts order sooner than later! We have 13 post offices amongst the shops and trading hours are being cut

Comment

Re:
                            the Imperial College report..
                            see via link in post 36 above. Sobering indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                              Let’s not make this a political debate. This forum has always and will always be a politics free zone. Let’s steer back to topic or thread will be locked or deleted
                              Coming from a man driving about with an axe on his front, I'll do as you say boss...

Comment

Let's face it , our s2's will make proper mad max motors when the time comes

Comment

Working...
                                X