After a little bit of advice please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After a little bit of advice please!

I put my S2 into my garage for a routine service and check over and I know there has been boost issues and got the phone call to say the intercooler is knackered! So what’s the best options cause as usual they are n/a through Audi and best bet is looking at Wagner. Is the best course of action please?

Typical everything been going smoothly this week had the A4 in for a service and brakes and a couple of suspension bushes and the A6 service and rear brake pads and then the mighty S2 springs a nice surprise!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Audi-...EAAOSwM2dd4n5m

Comment

I bet you thought you'd spent enough on it recently! Could it be repaired perhaps?

Comment

I seen that one wasn’t sure if the cheapest is always the best!

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
          I bet you thought you'd spent enough on it recently! Could it be repaired perhaps?
          Yeah I hoped the spending wouldn’t continue lol!! The wife’s not impressed!! It’s lasted 25 years so hasn’t done too bad just the timing isn’t great

Comment

I'm sure someone here is sitting on a good used one after upgrading?
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post

The wife’s not impressed!! It’s lasted 25 years so hasn’t done too bad just the timing isn’t great
              The car or the wife?
              85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
              93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                I'm sure someone here is sitting on a good used one after upgrading?
                Hoping someone might but problem with 2nd hand is you never know the true condition of it so probably will bit the bullit

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post

The car or the wife?
                  Ha Ha!! Will keep all in the loop as my garage Autobahn having problems taking it off, I think they dread when I bring the S2 as I usually have a list the length of my arm but theyve done a great job over the years

Comment

Bargain!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post

Ha Ha!! Will keep all in the loop as my garage Autobahn having problems taking it off, I think they dread when I bring the S2 as I usually have a list the length of my arm but theyve done a great job over the years
                      Should be easy as you’ve had new wings put on recently then the bumper has been off so the bolts won’t be seized.
                      Honestly with the bumper out of the way it’s a very simple job.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Actually, are you sure it’s the IC leaking? It could be the dreaded O ring, it might just need the MarkH mod doing?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                          Actually, are you sure it’s the IC leaking? It could be the dreaded O ring, it might just need the MarkH mod doing?
                          Yeah its the IC unfort. They put smoke in the system to see where the leak was and it came from the IC. We will see what happens, theres no issues getting the bumper off its dismantling the IC thats proving tricky!

Comment

It will be interesting to see where the hole is. Normally they only get damaged in an accident when the bottom pulley hits the back.
                            Otherwise I guess it might be a stone in the front.
                            Leakage from the O ring where the IC plugs into the crossmember is very common, I would recommend you do the Mark H mod when the new one is fitted.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                              It will be interesting to see where the hole is. Normally they only get damaged in an accident when the bottom pulley hits the back.
                              Otherwise I guess it might be a stone in the front.
                              Leakage from the O ring where the IC plugs into the crossmember is very common, I would recommend you do the Mark H mod when the new one is fitted.
                              Thanks for the heads up mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X