Insurance Time again!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post

Did you manage to agree a value that you were happy with?
    Nope, they won't do it up front, you have to fill in the forms and do the photo's. I need to get the car back on the road first!
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Vonbeck how did you get on with your insurance renewal? I remember seeing your car years ago and it was a real gem then so you defo want the correct cover
      Hi not done it yet as waiting till I've mot and taxed it , its in a secure lock up as I only tax it April to Sept as its not my daily anymore, bet I can't get it under £300 quid though
      ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
      THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

well finally got sorted, with A plan at thatcham, agreed value 15k poss a bit low , all mods etc legal cover everything protected £315, happy with that 270 cheaper than flux proper good to deal with too,just need to Mot and tax it now
        Last edited by vonbeck; 27 April 2021, 18:14.

Comment

Originally posted by vonbeck View Post
          well finally got sorted, with A plan at thatcham, agreed value 15k poss a bit low , all mods etc legal cover everything protected £315, happy with that 270 cheaper than flux proper good to deal with too,just need to Mot and tax it now
          Pleased you got sorted but I have seen your car and with your mileage it’s worth more than 15k IMO. As you’ve seen got mine sorted and agreed at 20k limited to 5k a year and garaged a few mods covered all for £170! But it’s certainly much better than last years price

Comment

Pleased you got sorted but I have seen your car and with your mileage it’s worth more than 15k IMO. As you’ve seen got mine sorted and agreed at 20k limited to 5k a year and garaged a few mods covered all for £170! But it’s certainly much better than last years price
            yes I know I should have said 20k but never mind, Mot booked for next Tuesday then i can tax it , not been used for about 18months ,just been and put the battery back on after a slow charge, started first time let it tick over for about 15 mins sweet as a nut proper chuffed. It will hopefully get an airing this year

Comment

Thats really good prices!! IM with adrian flux, I have multicar policy with break down full cover. mods declared, not many..
              £685 altogether
              I get protected no claims building up on both cars.
              other car is vw golf 150 TDI GTI 2003 mk4,

car valued at 22k

Comment

Chris, did you get an "Agreed Value" at £22k with AF, or was that the perceived value of the car for insurance purposes?
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic
                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                  Chris, did you get an "Agreed Value" at £22k with AF, or was that the perceived value of the car for insurance purposes?
                  Hey I do not know, I just said the value of the car is 22k as looked online and made an estimate and they said sure and it was a thing that they needed to write down?

Comment

Ok thanks. The "agreed value" is where you submit photos and they underwrite total loss of the car for that figure...
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic

Comment

Ok thanks. The "agreed value" is where you submit photos and they underwrite total loss of the car for that figure...
                      yes I had to send in 8 colour photos to get that agreed value so I would be checking with them

Comment

There’s several Insurance brokers mentioned here that are either forum sponsors or offer forum discounts, it would be interesting to hear their side of the debate and why the products on offer in the insurance industry range so much given the similarities of vehicle, value and usage.
                        85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                        93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by vonbeck View Post

yes I had to send in 8 colour photos to get that agreed value so I would be checking with them
                          Yes, I have been doing this every year for the past five years, best I have managed is £14.5k. AF would not go any higher without a paid for independent valuation, which is not that easy to arrange....

Cheers

Steve
                          The Perfectionist
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes, I have been doing this every year for the past five years, best I have managed is £14.5k. AF would not go any higher without a paid for independent valuation, which is not that easy to arrange....

Cheers

Steve
                            They tried to this with me a couple of years ago when asked to go 18k up from 15k

Comment

I think it’s pretty damn annoying how insurance companies treat our cars very different. Mine was at 18k last year agreed value and I wanted it increased to 20k A plan insurance said ok but I kept with AF told them what A plan said and they would match that no problem sent them the necessary photos and job done. Mine has 208k on the clock and yeah it’s in excellent condition as it wants for nothing but there are many S2s on here in the same boat that people cherish with less mileage and the bloody insurance companies won’t put a decent agreed valuation on. As mentioned in an earlier post would be useful for some of the insurance companies that post on here to comment.

Comment

Oh I see bro! hmmm ill look into this, thank you for the heads up

Comment

Working...
                                X