KKDMotorsport -AVOID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KKDMotorsport -AVOID

In 2020 I have ordered tubular exhaust manifold from this company in Finland (KKDMotorsport)
    Paid about £800 .Received it and put it on the shelf as many of you know that’s how it goes,collect parts and then fit it .
    I couldn’t try it on when received it as I was still using my car .
    yesterday was the day to try it on .
    it doesn’t fit !!!Its not like it’s even close.
    Contacted the guy and explained the situation,I have send all the pictures showing the problem his response- keep it .
    in my opinion it’s absolutely out of order .My advise-think twice before you will even consider purchasing from this guy .
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

This is second manifold I’ve seen this week not from same company that looks to be badly made. Have you checked the fitment on the head and also checked the head flange with a flat edge?

Comment

Originally posted by mac2226 View Post
        This is second manifold I’ve seen this week not from same company that looks to be badly made. Have you checked the fitment on the head and also checked the head flange with a flat edge?
        Head is perfect, also gasket fits straight on the studs of the head and Wagner manifold was fitted to this head without any issues.
        Its 100% build quality.As the guy refused to refund my money and there is not much I can do apart from letting other people know how this guy dealing with the issue I have made the holes slightly bigger.Now I can the face of the manifold is like banana as well .
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Like you said it’s like a banana I would be tempted to take it to a good exaust fabricator see if they can sort it out for you all best michael

Comment

Originally posted by mac2226 View Post
            Like you said it’s like a banana I would be tempted to take it to a good exaust fabricator see if they can sort it out for you all best michael
            Many thanks

Comment

It’s got tension in from the welding which has not been relieved.
              Maybe you could anneal it, so it’s soft then bolt it up to the head or something else flat.
              It’s going to get heat cycled like crazy once it’s on the car anyway..
              How flexible is it? Would it bolt up or does it feel like it might put too much strain on the studs?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                It’s got tension in from the welding which has not been relieved.
                Maybe you could anneal it, so it’s soft then bolt it up to the head or something else flat.
                It’s going to get heat cycled like crazy once it’s on the car anyway..
                How flexible is it? Would it bolt up or does it feel like it might put too much strain on the studs?
                Hi John
                it was literally impossible to fit on the studs.I have used 9mm drill bit,then 9.5mm and the fine use on some of the holes of Die grinder.it was like banana but flexible.Nr 1 and nr 5 cylinder flush,middle has got about 2-3mm gap that is closing up when bolted on

Comment

I have bought many products from KKD motorsport, of course not self-made products like this manifold. Everything has gone well. In this situation, the welder could have checked the straightness of the flange before shipping the product, especially when it costs alot of money . Or is it even theirs product, maybe they ordered it somewhere and just send it to you, you never know. But yeah, hope you could straighten it somehow with heat. I DIY'd my own manifold last summer with my friend, it also twitsted the flange when we weld it together, but we kindly just wait and let it cool alot before we cut it off from a thick metal plate. Maybe there was a little bend on the 4-5 cyl, but I tighten the studs from middle to edges, and it sealed nicely to head with same kind of gasket that you have. We made my manifold from stainless steel, also the flanges. Both flanges ar 8mm thick.

Sry my english maybe bad, but hope you understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Spellgoth View Post
                    I have bought many products from KKD motorsport, of course not self-made products like this manifold. Everything has gone well. In this situation, the welder could have checked the straightness of the flange before shipping the product, especially when it costs alot of money . Or is it even theirs product, maybe they ordered it somewhere and just send it to you, you never know. But yeah, hope you could straighten it somehow with heat. I DIY'd my own manifold last summer with my friend, it also twitsted the flange when we weld it together, but we kindly just wait and let it cool alot before we cut it off from a thick metal plate. Maybe there was a little bend on the 4-5 cyl, but I tighten the studs from middle to edges, and it sealed nicely to head with same kind of gasket that you have. We made my manifold from stainless steel, also the flanges. Both flanges ar 8mm thick.

Sry my english maybe bad, but hope you understand.
                    Your English is perfect
                    I have made the holes slightly larger now and it fits on the studs and one of the members from forum kindly offered to try and reface the flange so that should be all good.
                    But the problem I have got now is when I’m looking at the manifold fitted I have got this nasty feeling there want be enough room for the turbo I want

Comment

This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

The manifold outlet does appear to be facing backwards a fair amount. Mine is pretty much inline with the head. Hopefully you will have room to squeeze your turbo in without it hitting the inner wing. I've read it's not wise to wrap a tube manifold as it can cause cracking. That's on stainless though and I guess your runners aren't stainless as they have been sprayed with some type of paint?
                        91 Modded 3B
                        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
                          The manifold outlet does appear to be facing backwards a fair amount. Mine is pretty much inline with the head. Hopefully you will have room to squeeze your turbo in without it hitting the inner wing. I've read it's not wise to wrap a tube manifold as it can cause cracking. That's on stainless though and I guess your runners aren't stainless as they have been sprayed with some type of paint?
                          Hi Steve
                          Yes you right buddy,apparently stainless steel shouldn’t be wrapped but this isn’t stainless ,just normal.
                          Yeah,big headache now ,will it fit or not .Looking on internet lots of them manifold do have very similar shape but to me it looks odd

Comment

Actually, just checked my manifold and the turbo flange is actually cranked further around than yours. Don't know why I thought it was inline with the head

Sept 2015 engine bay.jpg
                            91 Modded 3B

Comment

After a couple of years of use the head flange warped and I had to have it machined flat. I guess that's just what you have to live with when you have aftermarket parts. The machine shop said if it warps again they would recommend cutting through the sections which join each outlet on the head flange. Pic for reference. Always pro's and con's. Good luck with yours, it can always be cut and welded to suit, however I appreciate that's not what you expected to have to do!

20150305_074254.jpg
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by SteveH; 12 January 2022, 13:05.
                              91 Modded 3B

Comment

Working...
                              X