No announcement yet.

Animal feed trip to Ukraine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I’m big animal lover .. rather them than humans !

Ex ReMe many years ago in my youth mate ..

on twitter- Gaz Mitchell - if you’re on there mate ..

Comment

I do have a twitter account but rarely use it these days, too many lefty nut jobs on there as well as the woke brigade. Though now Elon Musk has control perhaps free speech will be allowed again, next time I log in I'll look you up and follow.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Don’t know how much the old girl guzzles but hopefully I’ve just donated enough for a tank of diesel.
        Take care brother and come home safe.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks mate , and thanks to all who’ve put their hands in their pockets ! You’re a good bunch .. well it’ll be a long drag over as she rattles and windy and wet and that’s in the inside !! Definitely a no frills military machine !! Not even window winders . But she’s as I’d expected . Least she has comfy seats thank **** !

Cheers Gary

Comment

Yeah, they're very draft prone, rattle like hell and wet old things those Landy's, solid as a rock though, is yours still 24 Volt? All the military ones get converted to 24V for various practical reasons

Think I've sold a set of cams so you'll get another few quid from me soon hopefully.

Be good if you could get more than the £500 target, those things eat fuel, they are in no way efficient, shaped like brick with heavy drive train losses is not a good combo for economy, still it's the right wagon for the task in hand. What engines in that one BTW?

Comment

Yeh still 24V , thank duck I’ve an aux 12v socket in it .. headphones on music in my iPhone will drown out the rattles and noise !!

Comment

It’s the 300tdi yeh not the fastest and prob be thirsty .. donations going well I may put it up a bit as it’ll certainly help ..

Comment

The 300tdi will run happily on 50\50 veg oil\diesel in the summer. Lovely chippy smell from the rear to boot as well. Used to run one of those. Just keep an eye on the oil level as if she's very worn it can go up!
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Yeh heard they run on cooking oil ! Well she’s been restored a bit . Currently in the latest issue of LRO apparently .. yeh apparently she’ll grow on me !? We’ll see after a1300 mile knee trembler of a trip !!

Comment

Gary have to say what your doing is amazing. Good luck hope you achieve what you set out to do and come home safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Gazmitchell View Post
                        Yeh heard they run on cooking oil ! Well she’s been restored a bit . Currently in the latest issue of LRO apparently .. yeh apparently she’ll grow on me !? We’ll see after a1300 mile knee trembler of a trip !!
                        The 300tdi's are great motors and as Dave say don't mind a bit vegetable oil, not economical but bomb proof, yeah they wear so do keep an eye on oil levels, I'm sure you already know to do this.

I doubt it'll grow on you much after 1300 miles across Europe, unless you like being wet, cold and shaken about, no to mention the rattles though hopefully your phone may at least help distract you from this feature. We do a lot of work on a couple of the SWB versions that a local building company use as their summer transport and for reaching difficult sites and while I appreciate their ruggedness, I don't like the ventilation system at all and find the constant rattling drives me crazy.

Comment

Y know Gaz, I can’t help thinking you’d be better off with a white transit van with a Red Cross on the side lol

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                          sigpic

Comment

Was thinking similar thoughts, stay safe out there bud

Comment

Sold my NM cams so have topped you up by another £30 as I said I would.

Come on guys he's nearly at his original target now and don't see why he shouldn't be able to reach the new goal.

Comment

Hats off to you Gaz donated good luck and come back safe and well
                                ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
                                THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X