Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animal feed trip to Ukraine

Hi all

so the S2 went in the end, pretty happy with what it went for, although the guy wanted it for the engine he'll break the rest sadly. Hey Ho needs must, so defender 110 wolf acquired and leaving this week, just an unashamed link to donate page if any of you kind folk fancies helping with fuel and travel costs ?...

https://www.gofundme.com/travelling-to-ukraine-with-animal-feed-aid

thanks Gary.

I can't believe no one on here has openly supported such a worthy endeavour!

You'll be getting a small donation from me even though I can't really afford to give as much as I'd like to...

Come on guys this is a good cause.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Hats off to you Gary. I will be sending something for you. You are very brave.
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Me too Good karma for you bro

Comment

Hi guys cheers for the good vibes, appreciate it .. know you’re all a good bunch on here so popped a link on .. every little bit helps- especially with the cost of diesel these days ! Be a fair run out and tolls and the ferry it’ll all add up so thanks for the help .

Comment

Took a few goes but donation made. Under my real name Sweet. Best of luck to you.
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Great deeds, Gary!

Comment

You've a brave chap Gary, entering such a hostile war zone, you have my greatest admiration.

I have more time for animals than I do a lot of people so I really do consider this to be a worthy cause.

As I said I couldn't give as much as wanted to, however if someone buys either of the sets of cams I have for sale on ATM I'll donate another £30

Hope you get back safely!

Comment

Have a safe journey!

Comment

Originally posted by Gazmitchell View Post
                    Hi guys cheers for the good vibes, appreciate it .. know you’re all a good bunch on here so popped a link on .. every little bit helps- especially with the cost of diesel these days ! Be a fair run out and tolls and the ferry it’ll all add up so thanks for the help .
                    Fill up in Belgium much cheaper bud

Comment

Cheers all, thanks for the support , appreciate it . I’ll fill before I get to border as not sure if they’ll let me through with full Jerry cans but might try anyway . Of course insurance on the Wolf goes out the window once into Ukraine and military have priority on diesel which is scarce so wether I’ll get a sniff I’ll have to see. If I’m there to help support unit and front line workers hopefully I can get some juice . ??

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                        You've a brave chap Gary, entering such a hostile war zone, you have my greatest admiration.

I have more time for animals than I do a lot of people so I really do consider this to be a worthy cause.

As I said I couldn't give as much as wanted to, however if someone buys either of the sets of cams I have for sale on ATM I'll donate another £30

Hope you get back safely!
                        Thanks mate.. you think like me then re animals .. I’ll go steady and will have full combat gear so all will be fine ..

Comment

Originally posted by Gazmitchell View Post

Thanks mate.. you think like me then re animals .. I’ll go steady and will have full combat gear so all will be fine ..
                          That's reassuring to know, are you going to be allowed to carry a weapon?, I'd want at least a 9mm + sidearm, preferably an AR!

Yeah, I can't abide cruelty to animals, or thinking of them suffering and they never lie to you.

Driving though a local village I once saw a guy pulling a little dog of it's feet by it's lead, I stopped my car, jumped out and had my hand around his neck about throttle him before he knew what had hit him. I told him this is what it feels like for that dog, how do you like it? His wife now walks the poor little thing.

Comment

Haha I did exactly that same thing few years back mate . Bloke - pissed- dragging his poor terrified dog along the path as I drew up to clone lights. Out , straight over there could’ve knock his head off - he wanted to fight me obviously -being drunk , but tore a strip off the **** right there . Said I’d take the dog off him if he carried on .. ****ing morons .

so over there I’ll have to see if they issue me as I’ll be unattached and all weapons are assigned through the forces , but be better if they did , I’m proficient in strip down / reassemble of an AK just in case.. all depends on want I can get up to over there.

Comment

You do sound very like me when it comes to animals, good man.

An AK would make me feel a lot better, are you ex forces, or just know your weapons?

Comment

Working...
                              X