X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dest View Post
    I asked Sal ages ago but never got a reply
    probably been away on holiday, he's spent quite a lot of time abroad. When I go up next i'll see if he has any record.

Comment

• Just been sent this one from someone on RS246 forum, this is what he said about it!

Owned L522 GYW (Greeen Avant) for about four years, sold about 2005.

I bought as salvage, Cat D - stolen/recovered, relatively undamaged but a lot of parts missing. Contacted previous owner, the car had been stolen and used as a getaway car by a gang of ram raiders, insurance had paid out by the time the police had recovered the car. However, he had bought the car from his brother who had also had its stolen and used as a ram raid getway car and didn't want to keep it when it was recovered.

Lo and behold, a fortnight after I sold it I got a call from the BiB asking if I still owned it as they were looking for it in connection with a recent ram raid in Weybridge!

Apparently it was fairly common to use Volvo T5s & S4s for this purpose but I can't imagine there are any others that scored a hatrick and, presumably, never got caught.

Comment

• My car was german.
        It don´t count, not?
        photobucket SUCKS
        sigpic

Comment

• It is only for the 320 Uk cars, sorry

Comment

It is only for the 320 Uk cars, sorry
            No problemo
            photobucket SUCKS
            sigpic

Comment

• Some of the latest additions, when Ive got a bit more time Ill get some figures together, but there are now 132 on there

Comment

• Latest figures... they are getting very thin on the ground now, it only seems to be the same ones coming up for sale every so often!

134 of 320 found

Cricket green: 1
                Amethyst pearl: 2
                Purple: 2
                Pearl white: 3
                Ming blue: 3
                Pearl blue: 5 [1 broken]
                Indigo blue: 8
                Ruby red: 10 [4 broken]
                Crystal silver: 13 [1 broken]
                Emerald green: 13
                Unknown green: 16 [5 broken]
                Laser red: 19 [3 broken]
                Black: 19 [1 broken]
                Unknown blue: 20 [3 broken]

The gallery can be found here:
                http://s246.photobucket.com/home/s2_...register/index

Newest additions to the gallery

Last edited by dest; 23 January 2010, 14:27.

Comment

• One more to add, a rare N reg (now 11 on the register)

Comment

• Dest, am I right in thinking that there is less than 180 S2 Avants registered on UK roads? If that is the case then its only going to get more difficult isn't it, as there'll be all those early written off, scrapped, stolen & exported examples which will be long gone now, unless an ex-owner sees this thread.

I notice there's a few with private plates in there, have you been able to match any to their original registration details? Could there even be some doubles on there too as a result of private plates?

If I see any more out and about I'll be certain to let you know.
                    Audi 80 S2 Nothelle N300 Avant, 1993, Amethyst Pearl VW/Audi Car Magazine article about this very car
                    Audi A6 Avant 2.5 TDi, 1995, Arctic Silver (now sold)
                    BMW E36 325i Coupe, 1993, Diamond Black (now sold)
                    VW Polo 1.0L 6N, 1998, Red (the missus' car)
                    Aprilia Rs250 motorbike, 1998, Black (the weekend toy)

Comment

• Yes, of course some are going to be impossible to add, but slowly they are still appearing.
                      Its never going to be an exhaustive register, but its better than nothing I guess.
                      Out of 320, finding 135 isnt too bad going so far. I think that getting to 150 is optomistic, but you never know!
                      As for duplicates, yes of course it is possible, but Im pretty sure there are not any.
                      Where possible, owners have given me details of any previous plates, I have a handful of cars on private plates, but the original reg has also been given.
                      One or two of them have had 3 or 4 different ones!

On a slightly different note, I have always been under the impression mine was one of the last ones ever made, especially as Paul N confirmed it was also one of the latest ECU's he has seen when it was homefried.
                      I have started to see when each car was first registered, and so far mine is the newest, being register on 30-10-95!
                      Out of the 10 (I thought it was 11, but spotted an error) N reg's, they were all registered in August 95 apart from mine, and 4 were on the 1st August on the new N reg.
                      I will eventually get them all sorted, and find out the earliest one too! Watch this space....

Comment

• Right then, it was always assumed that this was the earliest one, a press car featured in Fast Lane.
                        It was first registered on the 1st of May 1993.

But, I have just found that the one below was first registered on the 8th of April 1993, which was a demonstrator.

There was also a laser red one registered 27th April 1993, but I dont have a pic.
                        So, the one in Fast Lane is 3rd one to be registered (obviously going on from what I have on my register)

Note both have no rails, elipoids or clear indicators. I remember the seller saying the bottom one had originally had the 3B wheels too but he swapped them for Avus

Comment

Yes, of course some are going to be impossible to add, but slowly they are still appearing.
                          Its never going to be an exhaustive register, but its better than nothing I guess.
                          Out of 320, finding 135 isnt too bad going so far. I think that getting to 150 is optomistic, but you never know!
                          As for duplicates, yes of course it is possible, but Im pretty sure there are not any.
                          Where possible, owners have given me details of any previous plates, I have a handful of cars on private plates, but the original reg has also been given.
                          One or two of them have had 3 or 4 different ones!

On a slightly different note, I have always been under the impression mine was one of the last ones ever made, especially as Paul N confirmed it was also one of the latest ECU's he has seen when it was homefried.
                          I have started to see when each car was first registered, and so far mine is the newest, being register on 30-10-95!
                          Out of the 10 (I thought it was 11, but spotted an error) N reg's, they were all registered in August 95 apart from mine, and 4 were on the 1st August on the new N reg.
                          I will eventually get them all sorted, and find out the earliest one too! Watch this space....
                          I don't have the V5 here, but I think mine is one of the 1st of Aug 95 ones...

Le Mans 2012
                          Nurburgring 700
                          1995 S2 Avant

Comment

• Yes, DVLA site says yours is 1st of August

Comment

• Bummer! I thought mine was one of the last

Still, the N reg ones rock

Le Mans 2012
                              Nurburgring 700
                              1995 S2 Avant

Comment

• These are the N reg's in date order:

N152 - 1-8-95 - Black
                                N161 - 1-8-95 - Unknown blue
                                N268 - 1-8-95 - Unknown green
                                N438 - 1-8-95 - Pearl white
                                N136 - 9-8-95 - Ming blue
                                N678 - 16-8-95 - Unknown blue
                                N570 - 24-8-95 - Unknown green (Broken for parts)
                                N686 - 29-8-95 - Unknown blue
                                N26 - 31-8-95 - Unknown colour (spotted on the M25)
                                N346 - 30-10-95 - Ruby red

Comment

Working...
                                X