Best & Worst comments on your car ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raymor View Post
    Hmmm... was sat down watching the rest of the cars go up Fintray hillclimb a fortnight ago and lo and behold, I had an Audi expert on hand who guffawed and said 'did anyone see that A4 estate that passed us on the way into the paddock... it can't actually be in the event?!? it's an estate!

... I felt like opening my mouth to differ, but couldn't be bothered and I thought I'd let the car speak for itself instead
    istr my dad, ex-chairman local motorclub, telling me estate car couldent do rallies and hill climbs, unless that was back in the day when they use to have to do a psv test rather than a mot

as for comments about my car i tend to ignore them, i like the way no one knows how good it is due to the understated-ness

but i do remember when i first started driving her, my a 6th form teacher saying to me one time the engine was being reluctant to start "it would only be you would have a car like that"

i tend to get alot of good comments once people have been for a ride in the car, especially now that iv got the diff lock all the time. quite junctions :drool:

Comment

With the UR, first night i drove it I went into town to blockbusters. Parked outside and a cheshire housewife walked out the door and nearly collapsed, she was staring for a good few seconds then came over and asked if its a real one and is it pearl white? Turns out she'd owned a 1986 pearl white UR in the early 90's, and she said it still is the best car she's ever driven and she wishes she could justify getting another.

Last week went with the mother to Audi Macclesfield to look at new shape A3 tdi's for her. The salesman gave it the big honch oabout how he's been working with Audi for years and he'd help her find the right car with his extensive knowledge of the brand. Mother turned to me and said:

"Tell him which audi you've got"...... "Oh its a 1986 UR Quattro Turbo "

Needless to say his knowledge didnt even go back as far as the 90's
      Jay - pug_life85@hotmail.com

1986 Audi UR quattro - WORK IN PROGRESS
      1981 VW Mk1 Golf - "20v Jim, but not as we know it!"

Comment

Four kids came up and went " Wooooooo, i have only ever see one of these on you tube. Awesome just awesome"

That probably made me laugh the most.

A woman at work the other day said "your car was to close to mine that big black thing" i said "its not a big black thing" she then said "o im sure its yours its that Subaru"
        That was my worse.
        But i really could right a whole book of these its one of the reasons i wanna keep ahold of the s2 for as long as possible.

Comment

Whilst parking up in high street of a small local town I've had a group of hooded youth's pass my car and exclaim "that car is lush" I presume this is some sort of compliment.

And a lot of people seem to be blown away by the colour (Emerald Green)

More depressingly a number of people have been convinced that it's an A3 until being told otherwise.
          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
          X