Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll refrain from posting as it would be the largest post known to man heh

Comment

Care to share afew of the more "interesting" ones?

I just remembered another one on my Cossie... the headlights were playing up, so I investigated the plugs on the back of the bulbs.

It turned out they were not a tight fit on the connectors any more, no idea how or what had caused it, but someone had solved it by jamming lolly sticks into the side of the connector

Comment

The infamous Sooty bodge.
        A great way to seal up a leak from the bonnet release cable.

"I know, expanding foam, that'll work"

Unless the next owner (me) wants to get in the bloody fusebox

2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
        2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
        1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

having a puncture and getting spare ,out only to discover spare wheel is only 4 stud, that annoyed me especially after paying to join rac and then spend 6 hrs getting home in a truck ,
          skint but fast

Comment

In my UrS6:

A battery tray filled with powdery battery acid.

No covers on the battery terminals, lucky nobody had sat on my back seat as the frame was about 1mm from the terminals.

Old alarm/immobiliser parts still remain (like sensors, flashy lights and imob receiver), was going to rip them out but I reckon I'll probably kill the car in the process.

Birds nest wiring for the extra brake light.

That's all so far.
            UrS6 - Homefry, Bailey DV, PiperX filter, Samco hoses, H&R springs, 3" D/P back zorst, 270bhp and 260ftlb :rock:

Triumph Daytona 955i - mmmmmm :fire:

80 dag dag :driving:

Comment

Dest - I use these for old rounded nuts:

Work well on manifold nuts too with lashings of WD40.
              Nothing feels fast for long...
              sigpic

2000 Audi RS4 - Kingfisher Blue ~+~ 2004 Audi Allroad 2.5 Tdi - Ebony Black Pearl

Comment

I cant use anything like that though as the bolt is on the inside of the steering wheel at the back!
                There are only small holes just big enough to get an allen key in

Comment

Ahh, sorry, didn't read your post properly!

I would suggest a blob of araldite epoxy on the end of a spare allen key, left overnight to set in the rounded bolt, then application of slow steady torque.
                  Nothing feels fast for long...
                  sigpic

2000 Audi RS4 - Kingfisher Blue ~+~ 2004 Audi Allroad 2.5 Tdi - Ebony Black Pearl

Comment

Good idea, but I doubt it would work, as they are VERY tight!
                    I had to use molegrips on the allen key to get the other side undone :mischeif:

Comment

if you can get an allen key in you will get a torx headed socket to tap in tight then undo,or a flexi drill shaft and drill the head off,failing that cut the front of the wheel off if your not going to re use it

Comment

Originally posted by stiglet View Post

I found a G-string in my latest CQ. Can't say it really caused any problems but was definately a suprise...
                        Lol I found some tasty underwear in a car once, very well hidden too

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                        sigpic

Comment

Dest, you need to get a torx bit in there and really give it a good whack to break the bolt free, it should turn then.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                          sigpic

Comment

For the last time, you cant get any bits in there, its too deep!

Comment

Originally posted by dest View Post
                              For the last time, you cant get any bits in there, its too deep!
                              sounds like either a saw or lever is about the only option unless you can try what I said about getting a flexy drill attachment that could sit in the compartment the speedo sits to give you more room.

Comment

I think thinking about cutting it, but Im not 100% sure whether my new wheel will go straight on yet, or Ive read it might need different stalks, and column shroud.
                                So I dont want to cut it up and be stuck with a car I cant use!

Comment

Working...
                                X