Just go caught

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just go caught

Today open road at midday, clear skies no other cars on the road, i passed a grey saab estate parked up between the gorse bushes on the Achnasheen straights. I spotted them straight away but it was too late, i pulled in to the next layby and waited. They pulled in about a minute later, i sat in the back like a good boy and they showed me the gun.

88mph in a 60 at a distance of 782 yards. They took my details and did a breath test, clear as expected. they said that a report would be sent to the procurator fiscal and i would hear in 6 to 8 weeks.

All i can say is im gutted not for being caught but for not having a sporting chance to slow down, at that distance it is about 1/2 a mile. First unmarked car on that road in 3 years that i have spotted and i drive the road every 2 or 3 days.
    A friend got caught in April doing 91mph and got a £200 fine and 5 points. I hope that i can expect the same.

Knew that i shouldn't have pulled away from that S4 as he didn't try to catch me, if they zapped me a mile further back i would have definatly been banned on the spot.

sigpic

Unlucky. Was that on Skye? I lived on skye for 4 years. Some great very quiet roads which I miss driving. Police where always sh*t hot on the speeding though, nothing else for them to do

Comment

Oh dear!
      feel for you!
      Remember if you are in a faster car than them, Never stop! done similar. roard passed, oh poo, foot down, left then right, = gone. never heard a word. zero points for the last TEN years!

stationary car with a gun? best of luck! bye! (laser jammer doing its thing)!
      Rob..
      94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
      87 UR 20v ABY
      97 S6 Avant
      96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
      1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

I've seen that grey Saab once up at Milton of Leys in Inverness. Never even noticed it until I saw the little camera on the back window. Hard luck mate, I know that you can pretty much get up to whatever speed you want to on that road.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidsinclair05 View Post
          Today open road at midday, clear skies no other cars on the road, i passed a grey saab estate parked up between the gorse bushes on the Achnasheen straights. I spotted them straight away but it was too late, i pulled in to the next layby and waited. They pulled in about a minute later, i sat in the back like a good boy and they showed me the gun.

88mph in a 60 at a distance of 782 yards. They took my details and did a breath test, clear as expected. they said that a report would be sent to the procurator fiscal and i would hear in 6 to 8 weeks.

All i can say is im gutted not for being caught but for not having a sporting chance to slow down, at that distance it is about 1/2 a mile. First unmarked car on that road in 3 years that i have spotted and i drive the road every 2 or 3 days.
          A friend got caught in April doing 91mph and got a £200 fine and 5 points. I hope that i can expect the same.

Knew that i shouldn't have pulled away from that S4 as he didn't try to catch me, if they zapped me a mile further back i would have definatly been banned on the spot.

Did you sign anything?
          93 S2 Avant Parting
          91 URQ RR
          02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

Originally posted by GT500 View Post
            Remember if you are in a faster car than them, Never stop! done similar. roard passed, oh poo, foot down, left then right, = gone. never heard a word. zero points for the last TEN years!

stationary car with a gun? best of luck! bye! (laser jammer doing its thing)!
            Best advice i ever heard and take the next turn off if they are not behind you
            93 S2 Avant Parting
            91 URQ RR
            02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

I didn't know they could still do this. I thought the marked vans in a given allocated spot were the only vehicles allowed to speed trap you. Don't the unmarked ones have to follow you for 1/4 mile and record your average or something? Did you admit to speeding?

Bad luck anyway

Comment

A good (pricey) brief will get you off with that..

Comment

Bad luck, hope it all works out...
                  Cheers'en, AndyC
                  1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by dm80 View Post
                    A good (pricey) brief will get you off with that..
                    or a tight pair of jeans, a pout and a certain type of judge...

sorry to hear this mate. Northern Ireland is crap for this kind of thing. Actually much worse. pimped R32 Golfs egging you on to race and then booking you.. that kind of thing.

good luck anyway. Derek's probably right. A pricey solicitor would be the lad
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    1990 CQ20v
                    2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

Thats the strange thing never got any paperwork or signed a thing just a thank you and bye? didn't even look over the car. I would have kept going but in the north west of scotland it is quite a unique car and they would have found me within a few enquiries as i am a good customer of the police on Skye. Never anything but compliements and advice though.

For sale J plate S2 with criminal history
                      x reg A3 quattro 180hp with interest from the police
                      sigpic

Comment

funny thing is that a friend from portree was servicing a police car in the local garage and he took it for a road test. He said that for a auto diesel it was alot quicker than a standard car and it was a mondeo
                        sigpic

Comment

Last summer i chased a grey saab and a white saab along loch ness and i backed off when i saw them speaking on handheld radios i wonder it its the same car?
                          sigpic

Comment

Gutted, two days after Christmas, what's their game eh?

There's no wonder people hate the police is there?
                            1994 Audi S2 Avant - in pieces
                            2006 Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TFSi - goes fast
                            1985 Audi 90 quattro - is wet

Don't forget the East Midlands Meet -Last Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm just off M1 J28!![/COLOR]

Comment

Last two times I got caught like this first was fixed camera 95 in a 70 = 3 points and £60 fine. Second time they clocked me at 80mph on the roundabout and caught up with me 4miles down the road, went to court over that and ended up with a £160 fine and 5 points.

Think i'm currently on 8 points atm down from 11.

Comment

Working...
                              X